Draft rumors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft rumors

What rumors panned out before the draft, and which didnt?

I remember the rumor of Reggie Nelson falling to the 2nd round. That was obviously false.

A true rumor was Alan Branch falling.

What other rumors can people think of that were false/true?

Dwayne Jarret in the 2nd. Randy Moss to NE. Bush falling outta day 1. Cardinals liking Levi Brown.

Comment

A team trading up to get CJ was a big rumor that didn't happen.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
        That was probably the ultimate one. I remember when it didn't happen, John Clayton kept predicting the Lions would trade him with TB, then Atlanta, and then he finally gave up.

I guess you could also include all the threads started by bushwacker or whatever his name was about Brady Quinn to the Raiders.
        Last edited by ironman4579; 05-15-2007, 03:39 PM.

Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

the redskins taking either anderson or okoye pretty much until a week before the draft, and then everyone switched to landry...they shoulda taken the DLineman.

Comment

I think it was Todd McShay who first reported that Miami was interested in Ted Ginn, and were possibly going to take him with their first round pick.

Comment

There were rumors that a lot of teams had low grades on Brady Quinn. Those were true, and several teams had other Quarterbacks other than Russell ahead of him.

A rumor that was flat out untrue was Don Banks' "reporting" that Arthur Blank ordered Rich McKay to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Comment

There have been interesting post-Draft reveals, made by Adam Schefter and others. Off the top of my head that I can recall:

Teddy Ginn would have been taken at #10 by the Houston Texans had he not been taken at #9 by the Miami Dolphins.

Darrelle Revis would have been taken at #15 by the Pittsburgh Steelers had he not been taken at #14 by the New York Jets, in a trade up for him.

Marshawn Lynch would have been taken at #16 by the Green Bay Packers had he not been taken at #12 by the Buffalo Bills.

Justin Harrell would have been taken by the Denver Broncos had he not been taken at #16 by the Green Bay Packers.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Darrelle Revis would have been taken at #15 by the Pittsburgh Steelers had he not been taken at #14 by the New York Jets, in a trade up for him.
                  Or, I think the Jaguars would've tried to trade up for him. If the deal was convincing enough, Pittsburgh might've bit.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

rumors that Patriots would take Harris if he was there at 28..FALSE

we didnt even trade back into 2nd to get him

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      There have been interesting post-Draft reveals, made by Adam Schefter and others. Off the top of my head that I can recall:

Teddy Ginn would have been taken at #10 by the Houston Texans had he not been taken at #9 by the Miami Dolphins.
                      For some reason, that just makes me shake my head. Good ol' Texans.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

A popular one that was going around Panther sites and local media was that we were looking to package Kris Jenkins and the #14 to move up to take LaRon Landry.
                        Last edited by JPF; 05-15-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Kubiak is such a poor man's Shanahan, it's hilarious.

They should thank the Dolphins though for helping/"forcing" them to draft Amobi Okoye. He might not show it his rookie year as he transitions to the pros, but I think the guy is a playmaker waiting to eventually happen and should help the interior of their defensive line, against the run and the pass, for the better.
                          Last edited by Geo; 05-15-2007, 05:42 PM.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                            I'm sure teams did have talks with them to move up there, but a deal just didn't pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                              A popular one that was going around Panther sites and local media was that we were looking to package Kris Jenkins and the #14 to move up to take LaRon Landry.
                              That St Louis was going to give us their second for jenkins was true, we just rejected it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information