Paul Oliver Rumors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Oliver Rumors

Rumors are starting to circulate stating that Paul Oliver (who most consider to be a top CB in next year's draft) is in some real academic trouble and is looking at entering the Supplemental Draft if he becomes academically ineligible.

i dont want to hear this
    please delete this post so i can pretend i never seen it

Comment

That would really suprise me if he becomes ineligible, but he is a first round talent. In the supp. draft I could definitely see someone using a second rounder on him but I doubt it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
        i dont want to hear this
        please delete this post so i can pretend i never seen it
        LOL! I thought the same thing. Link?

Comment

i mean we have a guy that could step in his spot but i really think he is a man to man shut down type of corner that u can really be flexible in ur defensive gameplan if u have....anyway i just asked if anyone on the uga message board had heard this....

Comment

http://onlineathens.com/stories/0517...70517045.shtml

Georgia waiting on Oliver's status
            By Marc Weiszer | Staff Writer | Story updated at 12:17 PM on Thursday, May 17, 2007

Georgia senior cornerback Paul Oliver could be in danger of being academically ineligible to play this season.

Oliver missed several spring practices and a scrimmage for academic reasons.

Coach Mark Richt addressed rumors about Oliver's status Tuesday night while in Savannah on Georgia's "Dawg Days" tour.

"The grades, they've not been reported yet, so we've got to wait on that," Richt said.

Duplicating Systems

Oliver has showed up on some lists of top 10 NFL Draft prospects for 2008 after bypassing the draft after his junior season. He started every game in 2006 and had three interceptions. Oliver limited Georgia Tech All-American Calvin Johnson to two catches and 13 yards in a Georgia win on Nov. 25.

Losing Oliver would be a major blow to a team that returns only three other defensive starters.

Oliver could apply to enter the NFL's supplemental draft this summer if he can't play at Georgia.

Comment

If this is true it is really a shame, he is one of the best CB talents around. He could have more potential than any corner in the last few drafts.

Comment

its true for sure i just read it on the official uga site...heres the link... http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArtic...LID=897217mnit...

Comment

nothing is showing up

but id use a 3rd on him

Comment

well heres the story...

ATHENS, Ga. --- University of Georgia senior cornerback Paul Oliver has failed to meet NCAA academic eligibility requirements for competition this fall and plans to petition the NFL for entry into the supplemental draft this summer.

Oliver’s situation does not preclude him from remaining enrolled in school. He was a regular starter last season and has started 15 games in his career.

“We’ll miss him for sure,” UGA head coach Mark Richt. “Of course, he could have made a decision to leave for the draft immediately after his junior season. He was aware there could be risks but he decided to continue in school and get closer to his degree. His best opportunity now to continue his playing career is through the supplemental draft coming up in July.”

Comment

If he knew he was going to be lazy and blow it in the classroom, why didn't he declare for the draft instead of returning to school? Why waste the school's time when you have the skills to play in the NFL? As easy as most big football schools make it on their players academically, I don't have alot of patience for guys that get themselves in academic hot-water. Hopefully these are just rumors though.
                      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

that story i posted is from the schools official site

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
                          that story i posted is from the schools official site
                          Oops, looks like they aren't rumors then. He's a talented corner, maybe a team like Pittsburgh would use a 3rd or so and take him.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

he must have done pretty bad...cuz if it was just a class or 2 then he could have made it up in summer school

Comment

Giants round 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information