Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notre Dame 2008 prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Notre Dame 2008 prospects

    Where will these prospects go?

    -John Carlson
    -Travis Thomas
    -John Sullivan
    -Ambrose Wooden
    -Tom Zibikowski
    -Maurice Crum
    -Trevor Laws
    -Terrel Lambert
    Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

  • #2
    Ambrose Wooden is one of the worst corners i have seen in college football the past few years, i would expect him to go undrafted

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OhioState View Post
      Ambrose Wooden is one of the worst corners i have seen in college football the past few years, i would expect him to go undrafted
      A lot of the blame goes to former d-coordinator Rick Minter, his coaching had the secondary out of place many times.
      Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        i like travis thomas based on the fact he's athletic and played on both sides of the ball... if he has a good year at
        RB ... im thinking 4th round

        Sig By Diehardvikingfan

        Comment


        • #5
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=_D25D6TUTDA

          That's what Mario Manningham thinks of Lambert and Wooden. I think Zbikowski has been vastly overrated, you'll notice him in that video too providing "excellent" over the top coverage. I love Carlson, I could see him as a late first/early 2nd kind of guy. I think he's one of the best TEs in the country. I don't know enough about the others to comment. When you ask about Travis Thomas, you asking at LB or RB?

          Comment


          • #6
            sullivan is the only player i like. zbikowski, wooden, and lambert are all wastes of picks
            I'm a state.

            Comment


            • #7
              Zibby really sucked it up last season but he said he has lost weight and feels better about the shape he's in. He said he's stopped trying to be a boxer and his trying to be a d-back. Hopefully he'll back to being a pretty goof saftey like he was two years ago. Hopefully the new d-coordinator can coach him up a lot too.

              Carlson is really good. Depending on his workouts he could definately be a first rounder.

              lambert and Wooden are horrible
              and I don't think thomas is gonna start this year. I think that soph. is gonna start, can remember his name
              Last edited by giant73zuma; 05-17-2007, 07:48 PM.
              Big Blue Wrecking Crew

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
                Where will these prospects go?

                -John Carlson
                -Travis Thomas
                -John Sullivan
                -Ambrose Wooden
                -Tom Zibikowski
                -Maurice Crum
                -Trevor Laws
                -Terrel Lambert
                John Carlson- 2nd Round, although I believe he is the best Tight End in the country, and first round talent...unless you put up great measurables of a TE its tough to go in round 1. huge guy with great athletic ability but he's not gonna run a 4.4 like Olsen did, or not gonna put the measurables of a Kellen Winslow or Vernon Davis obviously.

                John Sullivan- late 2nd-early 3rd, he is a versatile player that can be a big factor, and could be rated a lot higher if the ND OL as a whole sticks up.

                Travis Thomas- ND has tons of talent at the RB position, but I think Travis Thomas is gonna be the main guy. He has a very good frame, but he has little starting experience at RB. Rounds 5-7 are possibilities.

                Ambrose Wooden- great measurables, could be a sleeper, should have a much better season with Corwin Brown as defensive coordinator. Plus don't be surprised by a 4.4 or even 4.3. Round 3 seems like a chance, but then again round 6-7 is a possibility if he doesn't come around this year, but I like his chances

                Tom Zbikowski- a very hyped up player. He's produced 2 out of 3 years he's been in college, unfortunately his junior year has been his worse..Him again with a new defensive coordinator can return to form. He's versatile as he is a heck of a punt returner as well....Round 2 is a great possibility, but being undersized and without a very productive season, Round 3 is also very likely.

                Maurice Crum- produces at the college level, but undersized. I'm not for sure, I know he's listed as a senior, but I think he would have another year of eligibility. Probably a Round 7 guy if getting drafted, but I don't think he comes out next year.

                Terrail Lambert- Again, another guy I think with a year of eligibility, correct me if I'm wrong. The potential is there, as he shined at points, and absolutely burned at times. With some coaching he can be solid. Can't make a prediction, because he could possibly have 2 years left, which would be very valuable for a player like him.

                Trevor Laws- absolutely love this guy. has started every game the past 2 years, and if he stays healthy this year, it would be his 3rd straight year starting every game. He could have been a hero in the USC game 2 years ago, when sacking Leinart to set up a 4th and 14, but we all know what happened there. Also blocked a kick in the Fiesta Bowl against the Buckeyes. I would love to see him go in Round 3, but Round 3-4 seems like the mix.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IrishBrowns View Post
                  John Carlson- 2nd Round, although I believe he is the best Tight End in the country, and first round talent...unless you put up great measurables of a TE its tough to go in round 1. huge guy with great athletic ability but he's not gonna run a 4.4 like Olsen did, or not gonna put the measurables of a Kellen Winslow or Vernon Davis obviously.

                  John Sullivan- late 2nd-early 3rd, he is a versatile player that can be a big factor, and could be rated a lot higher if the ND OL as a whole sticks up.

                  Travis Thomas- ND has tons of talent at the RB position, but I think Travis Thomas is gonna be the main guy. He has a very good frame, but he has little starting experience at RB. Rounds 5-7 are possibilities.

                  Ambrose Wooden- great measurables, could be a sleeper, should have a much better season with Corwin Brown as defensive coordinator. Plus don't be surprised by a 4.4 or even 4.3. Round 3 seems like a chance, but then again round 6-7 is a possibility if he doesn't come around this year, but I like his chances

                  Tom Zbikowski- a very hyped up player. He's produced 2 out of 3 years he's been in college, unfortunately his junior year has been his worse..Him again with a new defensive coordinator can return to form. He's versatile as he is a heck of a punt returner as well....Round 2 is a great possibility, but being undersized and without a very productive season, Round 3 is also very likely.

                  Maurice Crum- produces at the college level, but undersized. I'm not for sure, I know he's listed as a senior, but I think he would have another year of eligibility. Probably a Round 7 guy if getting drafted, but I don't think he comes out next year.

                  Terrail Lambert- Again, another guy I think with a year of eligibility, correct me if I'm wrong. The potential is there, as he shined at points, and absolutely burned at times. With some coaching he can be solid. Can't make a prediction, because he could possibly have 2 years left, which would be very valuable for a player like him.

                  Trevor Laws- absolutely love this guy. has started every game the past 2 years, and if he stays healthy this year, it would be his 3rd straight year starting every game. He could have been a hero in the USC game 2 years ago, when sacking Leinart to set up a 4th and 14, but we all know what happened there. Also blocked a kick in the Fiesta Bowl against the Buckeyes. I would love to see him go in Round 3, but Round 3-4 seems like the mix.
                  Tons of talent? Darius Walker just went undrafted, and their current guys couldn't beat him out. Please tell me who the studs are

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Notre Dame has draft prospects?


                    -sig by jkpigskin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      there is a vast difference in opinion of these players between ND fans and those who aren't

                      John Carlson will probably be the 5th TE taken behind Fred Davis, Martellus Bennett, Joey Haynos & Martin Rucker

                      Z is vastly overrated imo if he went to any other school he wouldn't even be considered for the 1st day right now, but he has a year to prove me wrong

                      Sullivan will probably be the 2nd or 3rd Center taken a 3rd rounder

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Zibby also has a bit more value just cuz he could be decent in the return game

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by supermario86 View Post
                          Zibby also has a bit more value just cuz he could be decent in the return game
                          he was pretty underwhelming last year at it
                          I'm a state.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information