Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meachem 19lbs overweight?

King rags on Meachem

"I think the rookie who's made the worst first impression in the three weeks since draft day, easily, is New Orleans wide receiver Robert Meachem. How on God's green earth can a rook be 19 pounds overweight at the team's first mini-camp? And what kinds of red flags must that send up to the coaching staff and front office about to make the man a jillionaire? "I think I had like nine [pre-draft] visits to teams,'' Meachem said after injuring an ankle at the Saints' minicamp last week. "And every visit they gave you a big old meal. I tried to work out when I could, but I don't think I got enough workouts in.'' Uh-oh.

I wouldn't read too much into it. As soon as he begins working out for the team I think you will find any extra weight he is carrying will disappear and he will be back to his match weight in no time.

Comment

That's a bit vague, because he could be 19 pounds over what the Saints want, but only 5-10 over what he was before. Still it is a bit of a concern.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

As a Saints fan I prefer to think of it as 19lbs of muscle.

Comment

"My ankle is not 100 percent, but I did a lot more than I thought I would do," Meachem said. "It's about 90 percent. I've been having to ride the bike about 30 minutes a day. I dropped a lot of weight; almost 11 pounds the first day. I weighed in about 218 today. I've got a long way to go, but I've got to start somewhere."
          *yawns* Next plz.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Colston was overweight and dropping more balls than Meachem is this time last year.

Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Gotta know his actual weight. Plus, pre-training camp guys are always going to be bigger than they will be during the season.

Comment

If I cared what Peter King thought, that might mean something I suppose.

*shrug*
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  Gotta know his actual weight. Plus, pre-training camp guys are always going to be bigger than they will be during the season.
                  He's listed at 210 on the UT website and 214 on every other draft site also on NO Saints dot com

http://utsports.cstv.com/sports/m-fo..._robert00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                    He's listed at 210 on the UT website and 214 on every other draft site also on NO Saints dot com

http://utsports.cstv.com/sports/m-fo..._robert00.html
                    That's not his current weight though. If he's under 230, I don't see it as a big issue because the pounds will melt off once training camp starts.

Comment

season starts in september...id like to think he could drop 10 easy by that time, with training camp, mini camp, and pre season

i hope he realizes his position, because he has a chance to put up crazy numbers and produce right away

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        season starts in september...id like to think he could drop 10 easy by that time, with training camp, mini camp, and pre season
                        He dropped 11 lbs in 3 days.

Comment

Payton is just pulling a Parcells -- i.e., taking a player's biggest asset and complaining about it to motivate him. In this case, Meachem's asset is speed, so he tells him he's too fat.

Comment

I dropped 20 in 2 1/2 weeks. He will have personal trainers and nutritionists to help him.

Comment

Too early to tell

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information