Jonathan Stewart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Stewart

Does anyone else think this guy is the second best back in the draft?

While I know college production is a big factor, but I think in many, many early draft rankings many ignore just how important an NFL body and skillset actually is.

Stewart is fast, big, strong, breaks tackles, never stops moving, and has the perfect NFL body.

Meanwhile guys like Steve Slaton are...quick and fast.

I don't know about you, but I think the former is way better for the NFL, wouldn't most agree?

Personally, I have Stewart as my second best RB prospect in the draft, and he's quickly becoming my favorite overall prospect.

Thoughts?

Ya i really think he is the second best back, and with a solid season i think he could be on of the top prospects in the draft. the question is, was he good just cahsing that huge contract? using it as motivation? who knows but he strong fast and a very good RUNNING back. he knows what to do and is one of my favortie prospects as well in the draft

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I think most people here have him number 2, very few people actually have Slaton 2.

Comment

Stewart hasnt done anything in collage but he does have an NFL body if you cant gain yards agianst The Pac-10 how are you gonna gan yards agianst the NFL

Comment

Well Stewart needs to produce, but on potential alone he is #2 in this draft. I'm not a big Slaton fan and of his competition and spread O, but he still has produced and stayed pretty healthy, which is more than we can say for Mr. Stewart. I've liked Stewart ever since he came out of HS, and I really think he can be a special player

Comment

I think that Stewart is really overrated based on his measureables. There are a few other guys who could be better that him

Comment

Lets just all hope he can stay healthy this year. After the warm-up game against Houston, we'll be going to the Big House in Ann Arbor on Sep 8th. So we should all be treated to seeing a fully healthy Stewart against a Big-10 powerhouse on one of college football's biggest stages. Let's hope they don't do to Stewart what we did to Chris Perry when they visited our house a few years ago.

Comment

I love him but he needs to stay healthy. Definite first round potential in my opinion though.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

ya the big thing is the production.... he has tons of potential... and there are some players who were better pro's than in college, its to early to tell where he is gonna go but is a first round POTENTIAL pick

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

who do you guys think the third best rb in the draft is? brandon ore? slaton?

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
                      who do you guys think the third best rb in the draft is? brandon ore? slaton?
                      By pro prospects or collegiate production? If by collegiate, you could make a case for a bunch of guys. Ore, Slaton, Hart, Beanie Wells, James Davis, CJ Spiller, Felix Jones etc..

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        By pro prospects or collegiate production? If by collegiate, you could make a case for a bunch of guys. Ore, Slaton, Hart, Beanie Wells, James Davis, CJ Spiller, Felix Jones etc..
                        Edit: Didn't read the whole question. I'm an idiot. I like Jones and Davis, as well as Ore

Comment

uhhhhh most people.
                          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

If Chris Henry was the 50th pick in the draft for his measurables, Stewart will be the second back taken bc he has similar measurables and way more production

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Well Stewart needs to produce, but on potential alone he is #2 in this draft. I'm not a big Slaton fan and of his competition and spread O, but he still has produced and stayed pretty healthy, which is more than we can say for Mr. Stewart. I've liked Stewart ever since he came out of HS, and I really think he can be a special player
                              It's not like he's Chris Henry here, he's done OKAY/GOOD when he's been healthy.

Def. the number 2 guy at this point in my mind.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information