Dennis Dixon drafted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Dixon drafted

5th round of the MLB draft...i know he was a top prospect in highschool, but didnt he give up baseball? a bit high for a guy who hasnt played in a while, but his upside as an athlete has always been tremendous.

Originally posted by foozball View Post
    5th round of the MLB draft...i know he was a top prospect in highschool, but didnt he give up baseball? a bit high for a guy who hasnt played in a while, but his upside as an athlete has always been tremendous.
    Wow. First I've heard of this. So who drafted him and how long do they have the rights to him? I'm not really up on baseball like I used to be. I'd imagine he'd stick with football and go on to the NFL, but 5th round is pretty high for baseball. Maybe he has a better future there. I'd be interested to see his comments on this.

Comment

Ah. I see the Braves drafted him. Interesting.

Comment

wasnt he taken in the supplemental draft by San Fran or am I thinking about another person.

Comment

great, the braves wasted a pick, shouldve drafted brady leaf, get the same out of the pick as dixon...

Comment

same thing happened with matt moore

Comment

Dixon should play baseball. Players like him are a dime a dozen in football but there aren't too many 6'5" super athletic players with a cannon arm in baseball.

Comment

wasnt he benched at some point this year?

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle

Comment

Originally posted by eliteeagle View Post
                  wasnt he benched at some point this year?
                  yes...for football...we're talking baseball here buddy

Comment

reports are that he will play minor league ball during the summer and return to school for football

Comment

Oregon has no baseball program if I remember correctly. So where has Dixon been playing and keeping his skills sharp?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

yes...for football...we're talking baseball here buddy
                        no really??? (sarcasm)

point being....why would he stick to football if he gets benched on his college team

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle

Comment

That's neat. Several players in the NFL got drafted by MLB teams, such as Cedric Benson.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eliteeagle View Post
                            no really??? (sarcasm)

point being....why would he stick to football if he gets benched on his college team
                            because he still has upside as a football player...duh. just cuz he gets benched doesnt really mean anything, especially in his 1st full year of starting at QB.

oregon does have a baseball program, but dixon didnt play baseball in college. he was a very very good prospect coming out of highschool, not sure why he didnt sign out of highschool.

Comment

oregon does have a baseball program, but dixon didnt play baseball in college. he was a very very good prospect coming out of highschool, not sure why he didnt sign out of highschool.
                              No we don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information