Joe Staley, OT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Staley, OT

What are peoples thoughts on him? Will he ever be a franchise LT, and which player does his playing style remind you of (if any)?

Staley definitely has the ability to play LT. Extremely athletic and very quick feet. Good arm length and definitely has the ability to handle speed rushers. Needs to gain some weight and might struggle a bit with the drastic talent change, but I think Staley can be a very good LT for the 49ers.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Hopefully he does better than Kwame Harris and Jonas Jennings have been. Jennings hasn't been horrible but he probably doesn't deserve the large contract he got.

Comment

I was pretty pissed off when San Fran took him two slots ahead of us. I loved the Olsen pick, but I was still pissed at San Fran.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

0&#37; chance he would have gotten past Baltimore so it wouldn't have mattered. :D

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

I would have loved to see him in baltimore to take over for Ogden, he should be a franchise player for the niners and their rebuilding

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              Staley definitely has the ability to play LT. Extremely athletic and very quick feet. Good arm length and definitely has the ability to handle speed rushers. Needs to gain some weight and might struggle a bit with the drastic talent change, but I think Staley can be a very good LT for the 49ers.
              he's a former tight end right? That does work in his advantage. He needs to add some weight though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

He is very quick and has good feet. He will be a very good left tackle for years. He just needs to work on his strength.

Comment

0% chance he would have gotten past Baltimore so it wouldn't have mattered. :D
                  I am not so sure, I remember Ozzie saying Grubbs was #1 on our board I think.

Comment

I heard/read from a good amount of places that Staley was the guy they wanted.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

I heard/read from a good amount of places that Staley was the guy they wanted.
                      yea I had a feeling we were gonna take Staley also, but when I got the Sunday paper and I am preety sure it said that Grubbs was #1 at the spot. Either way we were gonna take a o-line prospect whether it would be Grubbs or Staley.

This brings me to my next question, say being a LT doesnt work out do you think he could slide inside to guard?

Comment

He reminds me alot like that RT on the Rams and i think that he too light be play LT maybe RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                          yea I had a feeling we were gonna take Staley also, but when I got the Sunday paper and I am preety sure it said that Grubbs was #1 at the spot. Either way we were gonna take a o-line prospect whether it would be Grubbs or Staley.

This brings me to my next question, say being a LT doesnt work out do you think he could slide inside to guard?
                          Thats what teams always say.
                          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

but Ozzie said that our #1 4th round pick was off the board and Barnes was #2 player and McClain was our #4 player.

Comment

He's got amazingly quick feet and has the frame to hold plenty of weight. I personally think he has as much potential as any left tackle San Francisco was going to get a shot at drafting in the 17-32 range of any draft, so I actually like the deal they spun to steal him from Baltimore.

I'd like to see him use his hands a little better against bull rushers, but that is more than correctable.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information