Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams most likely to win the Brian Brohm sweepstakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams most likely to win the Brian Brohm sweepstakes.

Provided that Brohm stays healthy (a big if), and has a good senior season, what teams are most likely to have the 1st pick in the draft.

My favorites.

Miami - Iffy draft picks the past few years, teams in their division getting better while Miami is getting worst puts them in contention for the pick. Beck is not a good enough talent to pass by Brohm.

Minnesota - They didn't add much in the offseason, their division is improving too while they aren't. Travaris Jackson looked raw and awful last year when he played.

Tennesee - They would trade down or take someone else if they get the first pick. They hardly improved themselves from last year and lost many players in the off season. Vince Young only can get them so far.

Oakland - The team with the worst record last season gets one of the toughest schedules from the football gods. A green rookie head coach with 0 NFL or college football head coaching experience and a rookie QB behind a shaky offensive line doesn't make the 2007 season look bright. Like Tennesee, Oakland will trade out of the number 1 spot or take a player like McFadden if Michael Bush has more injury problems.

I am not so sure if Brohm is the consensus #1 pick. Nobody ever said it HAS to be a QB. If Darren McFadden Comes out I can see him being #1 pick material along with Jake Long and Calais Campbell.

I'd say Minnesota needs him more than anyone else does right now. They're QB depth is so bad. USC has a better QB lineup then they do.

Comment

I don't know about Minnesota because of the division they play in. They can beat the Lions and Packers with their defense and running game and that alone can take them out of the #1 pick race.

Comment

I'm going to say Atlanta and Minnesota. Atlanta will be distracted by Vick's off field issues all year, and I don't think he'll be able to handle Petrino's system. If Tavaris Jackson will be starting in Minnesota, they'll win like 3-5 games. They are in for a long season, If I was the GM, i'd give Culpepper a look. Other teams that may be up there IMO, Redskins, Chiefs, Browns.

Miami will be decent with Trent Green, and even if they do land that high, they drafted a QB in round 2 who will be given a chance to start, so I doubt they take Brohm. Oakland - I actually think Oakland will win 5-7 games next year. They have a nice young defense, and their offense will be drastically better with a QB that can sling the ball downfield.

Comment

How is Oakland mentioned? If they get the #1 pick again they will trade out of it or draft McFadden.

Comment

Not sure I'd call it the Brohm sweepstakes, but I say the odds are:

Dallas (f/ CLE) 3-1
            Detroit 5-1
            Washington 8-1
            Green Bay 8-1
            Oakland 10-1

(~73% chance it's one of these teams)
            I'm a state.

Comment

3 of those 4 teams have practically a 0% chance of taking a QB next year.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

And I'm not even sure Brohm is the consensus top-ranked QB either. I do like him as a prospect, but in the last two years we've seen much better quarterbacks in Leinart and Quinn respectively who didn't go as expected months earlier, and I liked Leinart and Quinn more.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  And I'm not even sure Brohm is the consensus top-ranked QB either. I do like him as a prospect, but in the last two years we've seen much better quarterbacks in Leinart and Quinn respectively who didn't go as expected months earlier, and I liked Leinart and Quinn more.
                  I think Kiper has him ranked as his top senior overall.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                    I think Kiper has him ranked as his top senior overall.
                    Yeah but that changes so many times that you can't even pay attention to him now. 2 weeks from now we could see that Jake Long is the top senior and then 2 weeks later it'll be Glenn Dorsey

Comment

Tampa Bay has relegated Chris Simms to 3rd string. Put them in the mix...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        Tampa Bay has relegated Chris Simms to 3rd string. Put them in the mix...
                        Jake Plummer out of retirement? Or Gradkowski beat him out???

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          Jake Plummer out of retirement? Or Gradkowski beat him out???
                          Apparently Grads has jumped him to take the #2 spot, *sigh*.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Apparently Grads has jumped him to take the #2 spot, *sigh*.
                            Lmao wtf, Gradkowski sucks. I said Simms sucked earlier in the year, but didn't think he'd suck this much.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                              Lmao wtf, Gradkowski sucks. I said Simms sucked earlier in the year, but didn't think he'd suck this much.
                              It's gonna be a long year until April...

*sighs again*

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information