Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Miles on WWL Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I missed gstock05's point about the Big 10 being 3-1 vs. the SEC. Toss that into my lengthy post too.

    Comment


    • #47
      "The Pac-10 compiled a stellar mark of 25-12 (.676) against non-conference foes. The Pac-10 finished 10-7 in games against BCS teams from automatic qualifying conferences. In non-conference matchups against Top 25 foes, the Pac-10 was an excellent 6-7 and in non-conference matchups where both teams were ranked, the Pac-10 held a 5-1 advantage."
      Found this.

      This shows that the Pac-10 should at least be mentioned with Big 10 and the ACC.
      Originally posted by STARHEATHER
      the only hot actreeses are adult
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
      Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
        "The Pac-10 compiled a stellar mark of 25-12 (.676) against non-conference foes. The Pac-10 finished 10-7 in games against BCS teams from automatic qualifying conferences. In non-conference matchups against Top 25 foes, the Pac-10 was an excellent 6-7 and in non-conference matchups where both teams were ranked, the Pac-10 held a 5-1 advantage."
        Found this.

        This shows that the Pac-10 should at least be mentioned with Big 10 and the ACC.
        This is true, but 6-7 isn't excellent. Sorry.

        Comment


        • #49
          What were the other conferences in that stat?

          That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            This is true, but 6-7 isn't excellent. Sorry.
            Not my words, and yes when I read that I shook my head.

            "non-conference matchups where both teams were ranked, the Pac-10 held a 5-1 advantage"

            This is really only excellent stat that was shown in my above post.
            Last edited by Primetime21; 07-01-2007, 12:28 AM.
            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
            the only hot actreeses are adult
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              In English please?

              The Buckeyes played an awful game without their second best RECEIVER and best returner and if Chris Wells gets that 4th and 1, we're looking at a whole different ball game.
              a whole different ball game? come on now. u cant really think that a 4th and 1 changes a whole game. that would have nuthin to do with that fact osu's dbs couldnt run with uf's wrs. there de's had smith runnin for his life. mabe a 1 or 2 touchdown game and then u could say 1 play made a difference but this was a blowout. also the fact that multiple teams have won there respective conferences over the past few years in now way shows that those conferences are as top heavy as the SEC. just becuz 5 different teams won the big 12 doesnt mean all 5 had a shot at it this year. just cuz 7 teams have won the big 10 doesnt mean they all had a chance this year. the point being made was the SEC has alot of teams that can win it every year. in the east fl,ga,tn could have a real shot to win it every year. not to mention sc who is gettin better but not quite there yet. in the west lsu or auburn could get it any year and then this year ark jumps up and wins it...while in other conferences the talent shifts from team to team...its a 2 or MABE 3 team race from year to year rather then a 5-6 team race like the SEC

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by reese View Post
                a whole different ball game? come on now. u cant really think that a 4th and 1 changes a whole game. that would have nuthin to do with that fact osu's dbs couldnt run with uf's wrs. there de's had smith runnin for his life. mabe a 1 or 2 touchdown game and then u could say 1 play made a difference but this was a blowout. also the fact that multiple teams have won there respective conferences over the past few years in now way shows that those conferences are as top heavy as the SEC. just becuz 5 different teams won the big 12 doesnt mean all 5 had a shot at it this year. just cuz 7 teams have won the big 10 doesnt mean they all had a chance this year. the point being made was the SEC has alot of teams that can win it every year. in the east fl,ga,tn could have a real shot to win it every year. not to mention sc who is gettin better but not quite there yet. in the west lsu or auburn could get it any year and then this year ark jumps up and wins it...while in other conferences the talent shifts from team to team...its a 2 or MABE 3 team race from year to year rather then a 5-6 team race like the SEC
                Yeah, it was all those deep routes that our cornerbacks couldn't catch 4.65 dallas baker on.

                For those who watched the game... they actually realize that Tressel got outcoached, and the OSU team wasn't ready to play. OSU played soft zone all game, and got killed by it.

                The only time where florida "speed" hurt us was at the defensive end position since our offensive tackles were out of shape. Boone had balooned up to 340 prior to that game.

                Not taking anything away from florida, but to say OSU lost because of talent is being ignorant. And to say that OSU couldn't run with florida's receivers is dumber. It's hard to "run" with florida receivers when they're catching the ball 5 steps in front of your defensive backs who are playing 10 yards off the line.
                Browns & Buckeyes <3

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                  Yeah, it was all those deep routes that our cornerbacks couldn't catch 4.65 dallas baker on.

                  For those who watched the game... they actually realize that Tressel got outcoached, and the OSU team wasn't ready to play. OSU played soft zone all game, and got killed by it.

                  The only time where florida "speed" hurt us was at the defensive end position since our offensive tackles were out of shape. Boone had balooned up to 340 prior to that game.

                  Not taking anything away from florida, but to say OSU lost because of talent is being ignorant. And to say that OSU couldn't run with florida's receivers is dumber. It's hard to "run" with florida receivers when they're catching the ball 5 steps in front of your defensive backs who are playing 10 yards off the line.
                  the florida team was far more talented. and for those who kno football a big reason to play zone...expecially a soft zone is to make up for lack of speed. funny how u mention florida's slowest starting recievers 40 time but leave out the rest

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by reese View Post
                    a whole different ball game? come on now. u cant really think that a 4th and 1 changes a whole game. that would have nuthin to do with that fact osu's dbs couldnt run with uf's wrs. there de's had smith runnin for his life. mabe a 1 or 2 touchdown game and then u could say 1 play made a difference but this was a blowout. also the fact that multiple teams have won there respective conferences over the past few years in now way shows that those conferences are as top heavy as the SEC. just becuz 5 different teams won the big 12 doesnt mean all 5 had a shot at it this year. just cuz 7 teams have won the big 10 doesnt mean they all had a chance this year. the point being made was the SEC has alot of teams that can win it every year. in the east fl,ga,tn could have a real shot to win it every year. not to mention sc who is gettin better but not quite there yet. in the west lsu or auburn could get it any year and then this year ark jumps up and wins it...while in other conferences the talent shifts from team to team...its a 2 or MABE 3 team race from year to year rather then a 5-6 team race like the SEC
                    Yes I can really think that a 4th and 1 changes the whole complexion of the game. What was the score at the time of that play? 7-7? 14-7? Say Beanie Wells breaks that yard and Ohio State drives the field and scores. WHOLE NEW BALLGAME whether you like it or not. OSU's D-backs could run with the UF receivers, it's just playing a soft zone was not the way to go. OSU had some good backs, for the first time in a while Jim Tressel was outcoached and I was stunned to see him not make any kind of adjustments at halftime. And I may be one of the biggest anti-Teddy Ginn guys on this board, but you're dumb if you think that injury didn't affect the way the game ended. I think Kirk Barton was on the Antoine Walker diet before this game and OSU's o-line had one of their worst games ever. No way they'd play that badly again.

                    As far as the conferences go, no you're right, they're not as top-heavy as the SEC. However, one of the points you made is that the Big 10 is "always Ohio State and Michigan" and the Pac-10 is "always USC" which I definitely showed you why it isn't. And your SEC argument as to "everyone has a shot", I sort of beg to differ. Let's start with the Vols. They looked phenomenal in a 10 point loss to an very mediocre Penn State squad, one that OSU manhandled and Michigan physically abused. The 17-10 score in the UM/PSU game was no indication as to how close the game was. No one ever thought PSU had a shot after the first quarter. Georgia lost to Vanderbilt 24-22, a team Michigan smacked 27-7 in a game that was nowhere near that close. I was also impressed with UGA's impressive 14-13 win over mighty Colorado and their loss to powerhouse Kentucky. Also, there's no way in hell you're winning the SEC with a freshman QB. The "up and coming" South Carolina Gamecocks couldn't even score a single point vs. UGA as well.

                    So really the only two squads that had a legit shot at winning the SEC were the national champs as well as LSU, who for my money probably had the most talented team in the country. Auburn was in the running until their top-notch matchup with UGA where they got smacked around. So roughly two squads had a shot at the SEC title, same as the Michigan. Actually, you could lump Wisconsin in that group too. Now the top of the SEC doesn't seem so heavy anymore does it?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by reese View Post
                      the florida team was far more talented. and for those who kno football a big reason to play zone...expecially a soft zone is to make up for lack of speed. funny how u mention florida's slowest starting recievers 40 time but leave out the rest
                      Your lack of speed argument is a crock of ****. Jim Tressel has always, ALWAYS employed a defense that is zone-heavy. It's been his defensive strategy both at Youngstown State and Ohio State that hasn't changed much throughout his years.

                      By the way, define how the Florida team was "far" more talented.
                      QB: Troy Smith vs. Chris Leak= Smith when he isn't running for his life
                      RB: Antonio Pittman/Beanie Wells vs. um...............DeShawn Wynn?= OSU
                      WR: Ginn/Gonzalez/Robiskie vs. Baker/Caldwell/Harvin= OSU
                      OL: I would say OSU has more pure talent, but they had an atrocious game that day. So for the sake of argument give it to UF.
                      DL: Florida had a hell of a game. Moss and Harvey are both first-rounders and normally I'd give OSU some major props since they will probably have the #1 line in the country, Florida's guys were all over the place. UF.
                      Secondary: Florida. LOVE Malcolm Jenkins, but the Nelson/Smith combo was sick.
                      Coaching: Usually a toss-up, but Meyer outcoached Tressel in this one. Give Meyer a slight edge because Tressel usually isn't that bad.

                      It comes down to executions. Florida made plays and got breaks, and it was just one of those days where everything goes wrong for the Buckeyes.

                      Wow that last post hurt. I hate Ohio State but your arguments were so dumb I had to say something.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        Yes I can really think that a 4th and 1 changes the whole complexion of the game. What was the score at the time of that play? 7-7? 14-7? Say Beanie Wells breaks that yard and Ohio State drives the field and scores. WHOLE NEW BALLGAME whether you like it or not. OSU's D-backs could run with the UF receivers, it's just playing a soft zone was not the way to go. OSU had some good backs, for the first time in a while Jim Tressel was outcoached and I was stunned to see him not make any kind of adjustments at halftime. And I may be one of the biggest anti-Teddy Ginn guys on this board, but you're dumb if you think that injury didn't affect the way the game ended. I think Kirk Barton was on the Antoine Walker diet before this game and OSU's o-line had one of their worst games ever. No way they'd play that badly again.

                        As far as the conferences go, no you're right, they're not as top-heavy as the SEC. However, one of the points you made is that the Big 10 is "always Ohio State and Michigan" and the Pac-10 is "always USC" which I definitely showed you why it isn't. And your SEC argument as to "everyone has a shot", I sort of beg to differ. Let's start with the Vols. They looked phenomenal in a 10 point loss to an very mediocre Penn State squad, one that OSU manhandled and Michigan physically abused. The 17-10 score in the UM/PSU game was no indication as to how close the game was. No one ever thought PSU had a shot after the first quarter. Georgia lost to Vanderbilt 24-22, a team Michigan smacked 27-7 in a game that was nowhere near that close. I was also impressed with UGA's impressive 14-13 win over mighty Colorado and their loss to powerhouse Kentucky. Also, there's no way in hell you're winning the SEC with a freshman QB. The "up and coming" South Carolina Gamecocks couldn't even score a single point vs. UGA as well.

                        So really the only two squads that had a legit shot at winning the SEC were the national champs as well as LSU, who for my money probably had the most talented team in the country. Auburn was in the running until their top-notch matchup with UGA where they got smacked around. So roughly two squads had a shot at the SEC title, same as the Michigan. Actually, you could lump Wisconsin in that group too. Now the top of the SEC doesn't seem so heavy anymore does it?
                        1. i never said that usc always won the pac 10. i never said osu and michigan always won the big 12. someone else said those not me.

                        2. despite all the games u pointed out, surely u kno how meaningless it is for u to say well team A barely beat team B so and team C killed team A so that means.... u should kno better then to make such a comparison.

                        3. u said lsu and florida were the only 2 teams that had a shot at the SEC. did u forget ark? i mean they did play in the SEC championship game. i think that qualifies as a chance to win it. as u said auburn was in the running till the last 2 weeks of the season when they lost to georgia. i think they were ranked no. 5 in the country before that game. and tennessee also wasnt eliminated from the race in the east until 2 weeks to go.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                          Yeah, it was all those deep routes that our cornerbacks couldn't catch 4.65 dallas baker on.

                          For those who watched the game... they actually realize that Tressel got outcoached, and the OSU team wasn't ready to play. OSU played soft zone all game, and got killed by it.

                          The only time where florida "speed" hurt us was at the defensive end position since our offensive tackles were out of shape. Boone had balooned up to 340 prior to that game.

                          Not taking anything away from florida, but to say OSU lost because of talent is being ignorant. And to say that OSU couldn't run with florida's receivers is dumber. It's hard to "run" with florida receivers when they're catching the ball 5 steps in front of your defensive backs who are playing 10 yards off the line.


                          jus curious if OSU wasnt worried bout florida's "speed" then why were the 10 yards off??..could be jus me but if i dont think the reciever is faster than me im less than 10 yards from him...if i think he might burn me i play further off...go back to your NCAA dynasty an try again
                          Last edited by LEROY_FROM_YONDER; 07-01-2007, 01:12 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            Yes I can really think that a 4th and 1 changes the whole complexion of the game. What was the score at the time of that play? 7-7? 14-7? Say Beanie Wells breaks that yard and Ohio State drives the field and scores. WHOLE NEW BALLGAME whether you like it or not. OSU's D-backs could run with the UF receivers, it's just playing a soft zone was not the way to go. OSU had some good backs, for the first time in a while Jim Tressel was outcoached and I was stunned to see him not make any kind of adjustments at halftime. And I may be one of the biggest anti-Teddy Ginn guys on this board, but you're dumb if you think that injury didn't affect the way the game ended. I think Kirk Barton was on the Antoine Walker diet before this game and OSU's o-line had one of their worst games ever. No way they'd play that badly again.

                            As far as the conferences go, no you're right, they're not as top-heavy as the SEC. However, one of the points you made is that the Big 10 is "always Ohio State and Michigan" and the Pac-10 is "always USC" which I definitely showed you why it isn't. And your SEC argument as to "everyone has a shot", I sort of beg to differ. Let's start with the Vols. They looked phenomenal in a 10 point loss to an very mediocre Penn State squad, one that OSU manhandled and Michigan physically abused. The 17-10 score in the UM/PSU game was no indication as to how close the game was. No one ever thought PSU had a shot after the first quarter. Georgia lost to Vanderbilt 24-22, a team Michigan smacked 27-7 in a game that was nowhere near that close. I was also impressed with UGA's impressive 14-13 win over mighty Colorado and their loss to powerhouse Kentucky. Also, there's no way in hell you're winning the SEC with a freshman QB. The "up and coming" South Carolina Gamecocks couldn't even score a single point vs. UGA as well.

                            So really the only two squads that had a legit shot at winning the SEC were the national champs as well as LSU, who for my money probably had the most talented team in the country. Auburn was in the running until their top-notch matchup with UGA where they got smacked around. So roughly two squads had a shot at the SEC title, same as the Michigan. Actually, you could lump Wisconsin in that group too. Now the top of the SEC doesn't seem so heavy anymore does it?
                            \ok yeah mayb the fourth an one does change the game so ill give OSU 7 points so now we'll say the score is 41-21 then no doubt not havin ted ginn did change it up also so ill give you another 7 points for that so now were at 41-28..tressel was very outcoached by a head coach that was in his first in a big time conference..also i said any given year any of those 6 teams could win the SEC i didnt say this past year any of those 6 could an to say you cant win the SEC with a freshman QB is dumb wat...you really think florida wouldve gotten to where they did without tebow??

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by reese View Post
                              1. i never said that usc always won the pac 10. i never said osu and michigan always won the big 12. someone else said those not me.

                              2. despite all the games u pointed out, surely u kno how meaningless it is for u to say well team A barely beat team B so and team C killed team A so that means.... u should kno better then to make such a comparison.

                              3. u said lsu and florida were the only 2 teams that had a shot at the SEC. did u forget ark? i mean they did play in the SEC championship game. i think that qualifies as a chance to win it. as u said auburn was in the running till the last 2 weeks of the season when they lost to georgia. i think they were ranked no. 5 in the country before that game. and tennessee also wasnt eliminated from the race in the east until 2 weeks to go.
                              I saw a lot of Arkansas games this year and you seriously believe that a team with Casey Dick leading them had a chance to win? The McFadden/Jones duo was amazing, and that defense was sick, but we're talking about Casey Dick here. They beat an Auburn team that somehow was still recovering from the LSU game and an underachieving Tennessee team. That team has more questions coming into this season than Alabama, and that's a lot.

                              Now I'll give you the SEC isn't a 1 or 2 team race like some of the other conferences, but the teams that are serious contenders are essentially Auburn, LSU, and Florida with Georgia and another team being right on the cusp.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Your lack of speed argument is a crock of ****. Jim Tressel has always, ALWAYS employed a defense that is zone-heavy. It's been his defensive strategy both at Youngstown State and Ohio State that hasn't changed much throughout his years.

                                By the way, define how the Florida team was "far" more talented.
                                QB: Troy Smith vs. Chris Leak= Smith when he isn't running for his life
                                RB: Antonio Pittman/Beanie Wells vs. um...............DeShawn Wynn?= OSU
                                WR: Ginn/Gonzalez/Robiskie vs. Baker/Caldwell/Harvin= OSU
                                OL: I would say OSU has more pure talent, but they had an atrocious game that day. So for the sake of argument give it to UF.
                                DL: Florida had a hell of a game. Moss and Harvey are both first-rounders and normally I'd give OSU some major props since they will probably have the #1 line in the country, Florida's guys were all over the place. UF.
                                Secondary: Florida. LOVE Malcolm Jenkins, but the Nelson/Smith combo was sick.
                                Coaching: Usually a toss-up, but Meyer outcoached Tressel in this one. Give Meyer a slight edge because Tressel usually isn't that bad.

                                It comes down to executions. Florida made plays and got breaks, and it was just one of those days where everything goes wrong for the Buckeyes.

                                Wow that last post hurt. I hate Ohio State but your arguments were so dumb I had to say something.
                                mayb if wynn got the ball as much as pittman or played in the weaker conference he wouldve had better stats...i like antonio pittman but floridas runnin game overall was better

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information