No announcement yet.

Spread Option vs. Pro Style in CFB.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took the spread because i think that it is easier to run and understand at the college level. I think that the spread allows an offense more options and can confuse the D more because of the QB's better ability to run while still being able to pass.

Comment

spread o--it can be a running offense like wvu has now, but rodriguez has made it fit his qb--at tulane it was a passing o and at clemson it was 50-50

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Why do you guys think that Chris Leak didnt do well in Meyers offense? if u think about it he seemed like a perfect fit for that. Could run, and was an excellent passer.

Comment

Leak really isn't that good of a runner. He could move, but he was a pro style QB in a gimmicky offense.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

So I take it that Meyer is gonna have Newton be the "bulldozing" QB this year? What happens if Newton goes down, does Tebow do both the running and the passing? Pretty risky IMO. But they're both big boys on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
              So I take it that Meyer is gonna have Newton be the "bulldozing" QB this year? What happens if Newton goes down, does Tebow do both the running and the passing? Pretty risky IMO. But they're both big boys on the other hand.
              They'd still have John Brantley.

Comment

Pro Style hands down.
                I'm a state.

Comment

Spread Option is my favorite offense to watch

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Pro style easy. It gets you're Superstar Players ready for the Pros and plus the Pro Offense is just better.

Comment

I went Pro Style

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

i think it depends on what players you are working with too but if i had to chose one for my team i would pick Pro style offense. i think the option can be more fun to watch in college football but i trust a good pro style offense more

Comment

Spread Option for college. It is more fun to watch and with a good quarterback it can be really hard to stop.

Comment

i really think its a pick your poison type thing, both offenses ive seen run well in past years, USC and Texas are good examples...pro style tends to have players(not only the QB) more NFL ready, where as it seems the spread always has to have its players adjust...

But I guess id say Spread is more dangerous with the right weapons, then pro style with the right weapons...its been proven its almost impossible to defend a qb who can run and throw well, especially if the offense is confusing leaving the defense flat footed...pro style has the play action yes, but not many gimmicks, when its a pass its a pass, in the spread plays start like runs then turn into passes, or vice versa, and i feel like with lesser talent you can do wonders with the spread, ala Utah (alex smith, urban meyer)

I feel like you cannot have a decent team, let them run the pro style offense and have a great year, where as you can have them run the spread and regardless of talent id say the chances would be greater for them to win more games

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Spread is way more fun to watch, but I have to go Norm Chow style pro offense here. Look at the numbers those USC teams he had recently put up. I was hoping the Titans drafted Lineart just to see him back in that offense.

If I were running a spread, though..Randy Walker's would be hard to say no to, God rest his soul.
                              Last edited by TigerBait45; 07-05-2007, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information