The University of Southern California disscusion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The University of Southern California disscusion thread

A place to discuss USC recruiting and USC football.

Fight On!
    Last edited by elway777; 07-07-2007, 04:14 PM.

I might make the drive to see a game this season. Probably not but who knows

Comment

Right on.
      Which game?

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
        Right on.
        Which game?
        Thought about the Idaho game

Comment

Guys, I want Matt Barkley to be a Trojan.

Comment

The home schedule sucks this year. Who would want to pay all that money for Stanford, Idaho, Washington State and Arizona?

Comment

I saw Matt play my alma mater today in passing league. He just looks like a Trojan QB.

Comment

I know I'm going to the SC-ASU game at Tempe should be another awesome SC Victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
                  The home schedule sucks this year. Who would want to pay all that money for Stanford, Idaho, Washington State and Arizona?
                  That is a weak home schedule

Comment

But the away schedule is hell

Comment

What do you think the odds of seeing a high profile RB transferring this year? I'd say its pretty good because there is a huge logjam and I can't imagine a position change seeing how stacked they are all over. Wouldn't shock me to see Mark Sanchez transfer either since I feel he's going to be passed over by Mitch Mustain.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        What do you think the odds of seeing a high profile RB transferring this year? I'd say its pretty good because there is a huge logjam and I can't imagine a position change seeing how stacked they are all over. Wouldn't shock me to see Mark Sanchez transfer either since I feel he's going to be passed over by Mitch Mustain.
                        LOL. Sorry. I don't see Mustain displacing Sanchez as the QB for '08. For many reasons. The first being that Sanchez will have been in the system for 4 years by then. The USC Pro Style Offense does take time to grasp properly, and Mark will have complete understanding of it by then. Carroll will likely feel more comfortable with Sanchez running the offense.

The second reason why he won't transfer is b/c it doesn't make sense for him to do so. If he transfers this year, he'll have to sit out next year, and having burned his redshirt, he'll only have one year to play at that new school. So it'd be better of for him to stay b/c he has a really good chance for playing 2 years here, and what better place to play QB?

As for the RB situation, we currently have 10 RB's. After this year, Washington, Reed and Dennis will graduate leaving us with 7 RB's.

Moody
                        Gable
                        Johnson
                        Bradford
                        Green
                        Tyler
                        McKnight

I see Bradford panning out as the big RB, and Green eventually transferring. I think Moody won't start this year and by next year should transfer if he doesn't get the starting job. Johnson will leave if he doesn't make an impact this year. Gable I see playing significant minutes but eventually not being enough of an impact player to start over Tyler and McKnight.

So I see Tyler, McKnight and Bradford ultimately being the RB's for the the conceivable future.

Comment

Anybody else read that bum Les Myles comments'. (He's the coach for LSU) What a joke.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...usc/index.html

Basically he's talking about how "tough" he's schedule is and how we just have a weak schedule. He's a moron hopfully we do play LSU that way we give them a pounding like we did Oklahoma. Did he forget that we have whooped up on Arkansas twice; (also in Basketball :D) This dude is just jealous that we won back-to-back something that couldn't do. Fight On SC!

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                            I saw Matt play my alma mater today in passing league. He just looks like a Trojan QB.
                            Elway, can you tell us more about what you saw in Barkley? Is his size legit (6'3 listed, but I think he can grow into 6'4/6'5). Also, what do you think of his mechanics, arm strength, accuracy?

Comment

Matt is great fundamentally.

His accuracy is his best attribute, and his arm strength is above averarage.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information