Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be a better Pro?

thoughts?

Two completely different receivers. I don't understand why people want to compare them so much. DeSean Jackson is your typical burner who is very special with the ball in his hands. He's has great speed and knows how to use it. Mario Manningham is a better all-around receiver. He's a better route runner but he can burn you deep as well. I'm a fan of Jackson, so for the sake of this thread I'll say him. I've heard many scouts say that he's Ted Ginn Jr. without the hype.

Comment

Ill take jackson but im so biased its not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
        Two completely different receivers. I don't understand why people want to compare them so much. DeSean Jackson is your typical burner who is very special with the ball in his hands. He's has great speed and knows how to use it. Mario Manningham is a better all-around receiver. He's a better route runner but he can burn you deep as well. I'm a fan of Jackson, so for the sake of this thread I'll say him. I've heard many scouts say that he's Ted Ginn Jr. without the hype.
        IMO i don't think they are that different.

Sure DeSean is a little faster, and mario is a better route runner. BUT both have game breaking ability, both are about the same size, and both have made big plays for their teams.

Comment

i take DeSean Jackson cause Mario Manningham isnt excatly a burner and Desean can make an impact withether running the ball returning kicks or punts hes the total package

Comment

Desean Jackson reminds me of Steve Smith.
            Desean Jackson will be the next Heisman winner.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I'd take Jackson

Comment

i would take jackson

Comment

ahhh.its nice not to danman around to ruin this thread.
                  "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
                    DeSean has a lot more speed than Smith...he's a real game breaker, but Smith is the better route runner and I would say his has better hands.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
                      DeSean has a lot more speed than Smith...he's a real game breaker, but Smith is the better route runner and I would say his has better hands.
                      I think he was talking about the Carolina Steve Smith, and their speed is on par, with DeSean being a little faster.

DeSean Jackson is a crazy man. He is a gamechanger, a gamebreaker, whatever. The reason why Cal won that Oregon game, and the other one with that punt return 70 yards I forgot. He's my favorite player in the college game right now, and will be the first reciever picked whenever he comes out. His hands are underrated.

Comment

I think both have the potential to be good pros, but either are there yet. D.J. style of receiving doesn't always translate to the NFL well. He won't be able to out run everybody. D.J. will need to be in a good system, that utilizes him correctly, for him to be as special as he could be. Both need to get bigger as well. Manningham drops way too many easy passes.

Both guys have some work to do so i'm gonna call it a draw.

Comment

Smith is stronger too and is a more polished player (obviously). I like the Ted Ginn Jr. comparison to Jackson, he's like TGII except smaller and he's actually played WR in high school so it's not a new position to him like it was to Ginn. Both Manningham and JAckson are gonna be good pros

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
                            I think he was talking about the Carolina Steve Smith, and their speed is on par, with DeSean being a little faster.

DeSean Jackson is a crazy man. He is a gamechanger, a gamebreaker, whatever. The reason why Cal won that Oregon game, and the other one with that punt return 70 yards I forgot. He's my favorite player in the college game right now, and will be the first reciever picked whenever he comes out. His hands are underrated.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csv9JuyuST0
                            Route Running/ speed
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9e2Jf7R0o
                            Punt returning. DECOUD!
                            On another note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KglPUm3GUAM
                            High school highlights, check out the play at 1:10

Comment

Danman once compared Mario Manningham to Marvin Harrison, and I like that comparison a lot. I think Mario will be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information