No announcement yet.

Pre-Season Big 10 Teams and Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow the preseason mags really underrate Beanie Wells. Where do they think Antonio Pittman's 1275 yds. and 14 TDs are gonna go? Wells is more talented than Pittman was and will get more carries. It's gonna be scary for Big Ten teams to try and stop him week in/week out.

Also I would be very suprised if Boone and Barton weren't both either first team Big10 or one 1st and one 2nd team.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
      Wisconsin has the most starters returning this year and they have handled business in the horse shoe 3 of the last 4 times they have been their.
      True, but I'm pretty sure it was Alvarez coaching those teams not Bret Bielema. Also. those 3 Ohio State teams that Wisky beat on the road weren't as talented as the 2007 Buckeyes.

Comment

So who's replacing Stocco?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

This Badgers team is something special. I know you're going to think that I'm being a homer, but this is a team that beat a very good Arkansas team at the end of last season and they're returning 18 starters. Their defense will be swarming and tough to score on, and the offense has two big time weapons in PJ Hill and Travis Beckum. Michigan has a great offense but they have lost way too much on defense to give it a big time run b/c they're going to have some slip ups early in the year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            So who's replacing Stocco?
            Tyler Donavan most likely, but Evanridge has a shot

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              This Badgers team is something special. I know you're going to think that I'm being a homer, but this is a team that beat a very good Arkansas team at the end of last season and they're returning 18 starters. Their defense will be swarming and tough to score on, and the offense has two big time weapons in PJ Hill and Travis Beckum. Michigan has a great offense but they have lost way too much on defense to give it a big time run b/c they're going to have some slip ups early in the year.
              Badgers are gonna be good. I'm an OSU fan and I still think they'll be good. I don't like 'em though.

Comment

Yes, Wisconsin is definitely gonna be good this year. It should be a 3 horse race between the Buckeyes, Wolvies, and Badgers. Interesting that they all 3 play each other this year, every one of those games should be classic Big Ten pound the ball up the middle with the run matches. Mike Hart, Chris Wells, and PJ Hill are all the centerpieces of their respective offenses.

Comment

Michigans season will rely on health and run defense.
                  The Big 10 is LOADED at RB and the QBs seem weak. I like the depth on the DLine and it will enable us to rotate a lot of fresh big uglies in their. The LBs and CBs are suspect as of now but Szabo did wonders with them last year and Bedford should help out the secondary tremendously. I think the D will be fast and aggresive. Taking alot of chances and letting their DLine control the game.

The offense will be scary if everybody stays healthy. I have heard great things about Arrington and if DeBored decides to open up the offense. He needs to let Henne do some things with the weapons he has. Hart is gonna get his carries, I just hope that Henne can get close to the 400 attempts this year that I feel could vault him to New York City.

All thtough games are at home except for Wisconsin. No clue on who their QB will be but he better be decent to compliment Hill. I like Hill and their OLine is always good. I think it is gonna be a very good game.

Ohio State is always the toughest game for Michigan. Gotta hope that their QB play is poor but I think Tressell will do just find handing the rock to Beanie 30+ times per game. Tressell loves a dominant RB ad he has one.

Penn State is in a drought against us but they return alot of talent. Lee and Connor are gonna be very solid at LBer. King should open alot of eyes at CB. I am not sold on Morelli at all. I think Scott has to prove that he can stay healthy before I see him doing big things like Lions fans would like to think he is gonna do.

Big Ten is gonna be a dog fight this year. Purdues offense is gonna be back to its old self. Illinois should be fun to watch grow with their youth. I also really want to see Christensen at Iowa. I think he could be a surprise and help Iowa and their weak schedule jump into the mix. If AY gets the rock alot they are gonna do some things.

Originally posted by supermario86
                  Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaFootball View Post
                    In my opinion Chad Henne is over-rated, haven't really seen him do anything special.
                    He isnt that good, the problem is there is no other QB is consistently dominant in the BIG 10, yet... The closest one is Anthony Morelli and he couldn't even average a TD a game with one of the best recieving units in the nation. Just wait til the star studed Sophmore class of the Big Ten matures.

Jake Christenson, Iowa, Sophmore
                    Juice Williams , Illinois , Sophmore
                    Kellen Lewis , Indiana , Sophmore

Comment

I see it ending up something like this

1. Michigan
                      2. Wisconsin
                      3. Ohio State
                      4. Iowa (easy schedule)
                      5. Penn State
                      6. Purdue
                      7. Northwestern
                      8. Minnesota
                      9. Illinois
                      10. Indiana
                      11. Michigan State

Comment

I see Michigan losing to Oregon and Wisconsin this season. The game that will dictate their position in the conference will the Ohio State game. Personally, I think Michigan is without a doubt better than the Ohio State University but Llyod Carr kinda hid in a shell in those big two games at the end of last season, and last year they had more talent so I don't have anything that should make me think otherwise. With the Badgers I expect them to beat Michigan at home b/c Michigan will have a great offense and the Badgers will have a great defense, but the Badgers offense is definitely stronger than Michigan's inexperienced and young defense. The only two games that really concern me with the Badgers are the games at Illinois and at Ohio State. Illinois has alot of athletes and they gave the Badgers problems last year at Camp Randall. Ohio State, although they lost alot on their offense, still is Ohio State and the game is at the Horseshoe so anything could happen.

The Badgers will run the table and have eight wins in conference and Michigan will lose their only game to the badgers yielding seven wins.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          I see it ending up something like this

1. Michigan
                          2. Wisconsin
                          3. Ohio State
                          4. Iowa (easy schedule)
                          5. Penn State
                          6. Purdue
                          7. Northwestern
                          8. Minnesota
                          9. Illinois
                          10. Indiana
                          11. Michigan State
                          An easy schedule gets Iowa to 4th in the Big Ten but IU only finishes 10th with the 4th easiest schedule in the nation?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                            An easy schedule gets Iowa to 4th in the Big Ten but IU only finishes 10th with the 4th easiest schedule in the nation?

Yes, because Iowa is good and Indiana isnt very good.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Yes, because Iowa is good and Indiana isnt very good.
                              How much of IU have you watched recently? They showed a ton of promise last year, finishing one win short of a bowl berth after sucking it up with Blake Powers at QB in part of non-conference and started the 2nd most freshman in the NCAA, six of which were named to the Freshman All-Big Ten team. Kellen Lewis is one of the biggest playmakers in the league and will only improve in his 2nd year with the offense. James Hardy is a top two reciever and Marcus Thigpen is the best return man in the nation. The defense is young and improving but the firepower of the offense alone is good enough for at least 6 wins with the schedule they've been given. The loss of Hep will hurt obviously, but it could also provide motivation to the team.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                                How much of IU have you watched recently? They showed a ton of promise last year, finishing one win short of a bowl berth after sucking it up with Blake Powers at QB in part of non-conference and started the 2nd most freshman in the NCAA, six of which were named to the Freshman All-Big Ten team. Kellen Lewis is one of the biggest playmakers in the league and will only improve in his 2nd year with the offense. James Hardy is a top two reciever and Marcus Thigpen is the best return man in the nation. The defense is young and improving but the firepower of the offense alone is good enough for at least 6 wins with the schedule they've been given. The loss of Hep will hurt obviously, but it could also provide motivation to the team.
                                Seriously. Indiana is one of the big sleepers of this year. Hardy is an absolute beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information