X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't mean you =P.

Comment

• Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
      How is it even debatable Florida has doesn't have more talent?
      lets debate shall we?

UF-1
      FSU-21 (limited scholarships because of only around 6 seniors on the team)

UF-2
      FSU-3

FSU-2
      UF-15 (limited scholarships to offer)

FSU-3
      UF-7

FSU-21
      UF-2

FSU has averaged around a class rank of 12
      UF has averaged around a class rank of 5

in 5 years, UF has out recruited FSU 3 times by Rivals....thats pretty close (especially considering that FSU twice has had limited scholarships to offer because of so few seniors)

FSU has EASILY produced more NFL players in that 5 year span. By recruiting rankings, you can say UF has better "star" rankings. By NFL standards, FSU has more talent (or better suited NFL talent). With your 2nd best team ever, and our worse under Bowden, we still barely lost.

If you truly think UF has alot more talent than FSU you are kidding yourself and borderline crazy. It has been the offensive coaching that has hindered the team....Now with capable coaches, coaching all of the 5 star talent (having featured number 1 QB's, RB's, WR's the past 5 years) the play on the field will improve.

Its debatable who has more talent between us and UF. ...if you want to go by roster than fine

UF wins for QB
      FSU wins for RB (a 5 star, and 2 rivals 100 RB's and another 4 star)
      I will give UF WR
      UF wins for TE (since Brandon Warren left...but last year it was FSU)
      OL win for UF

3 to 1 in favor of the Gators.....now lets get to the defensive units

DE win for UF
      DT win for FSU
      LB win for FSU
      CB win for FSU
      S win for FSU

5 to 4 in favor of FSU for unit rankings....you could expand OL and it would be either 7-5 or 6 up...but you get the picture, its very close

FSU is the only team in Phil Steeles (supposedly the most accurate magazine the past 8 years) to be a top 10 team in every unit category this season....
      Last edited by -black; 07-18-2007, 06:13 AM.

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
        I didn't mean you =P.
        My apologies to you then.

Comment

• Originally posted by -black View Post
          lets debate shall we?

UF-1
          FSU-21 (limited scholarships because of only around 6 seniors on the team)

UF-2
          FSU-3

FSU-2
          UF-15 (limited scholarships to offer)

FSU-3
          UF-7

FSU-21
          UF-2

FSU has averaged around a class rank of 12
          UF has averaged around a class rank of 5

in 5 years, UF has out recruited FSU 3 times by Rivals....thats pretty close (especially considering that FSU twice has had limited scholarships to offer because of so few seniors)

FSU has EASILY produced more NFL players in that 5 year span. By recruiting rankings, you can say UF has better "star" rankings. By NFL standards, FSU has more talent (or better suited NFL talent). With your 2nd best team ever, and our worse under Bowden, we still barely lost.

If you truly think UF has alot more talent than FSU you are kidding yourself and borderline crazy. It has been the offensive coaching that has hindered the team....Now with capable coaches, coaching all of the 5 star talent (having featured number 1 QB's, RB's, WR's the past 5 years) the play on the field will improve.

Its debatable who has more talent between us and UF. ...if you want to go by roster than fine

UF wins for QB
          FSU wins for RB (a 5 star, and 2 rivals 100 RB's and another 4 star)
          I will give UF WR
          UF wins for TE (since Brandon Warren left...but last year it was FSU)
          OL win for UF

3 to 1 in favor of the Gators.....now lets get to the defensive units

DE win for UF
          DT win for FSU
          LB win for FSU
          CB win for FSU
          S win for FSU

5 to 4 in favor of FSU for unit rankings....you could expand OL and it would be either 7-5 or 6 up...but you get the picture, its very close

FSU is the only team in Phil Steeles (supposedly the most accurate magazine the past 8 years) to be a top 10 team in every unit category this season....
          a.) Three in a row. Should be four if not for one of the worst officiated games in history. Will be four this season. And if you think last years game was close, Meyer clearly put the offense on cruise control when he relaized his defense wasn't going to be challenged and started getting ready for the SEC Championship game.

b.) Record last three years: UF: 29-9 (1 home loss), FSU: 24-14 (6 home losses). One team is on the upswing, one team is going the other way.

c.) I assume you're looking at Rivals' rankings and they are known shills for FSU. For example Scout has FSU's 2006 class ranked #12 while Rivals had it #3. On field record would tend to favor Scout.

d.) These rankings are from the first week of February and don't account for all the non-qualifiers Bowden has signed at the end of the period the last few years. Callahan Bright was a 5 star DT from 2006 who has taken as many classes in Tallahassee as I have. He's far from the only one. Then you have guys like Fred Rouse. So recruiting rankings don't mean what you say when evaluating on the field product.

e.) As for the unit breakdowns, UF lost 9 starters on defense so it's easy to give the leg up to FSU right now, but by the end of the season you don't think guys like Brandon Spikes, Jacques Rickerson, Brandon Antwine, Dustin Doe, AJ Jones, Terron Sanders, Markihe Anderson, and Wondy Pierre-Louis will make it interesting? And there's a decent chance Jon Demps will be back.

Comment

• One team is on the upswing, one team is going the other way.
            the biggest point you seem to be overlooking

the EXACT YEAR JEFF BOWDEN TOOK OVER, OUR OFFENSE WENT ON DECLINE.

we have recruited the same caliber offensive talent, and NOW we have the coaches to coach them...talent wise, this team is no less talented than the 2000 squad (except maybe for OL)...

our cancer is gone, not only Jeff, but Dicky and McHale. We have a top notch coaching staff FINNALLY. I think you are forgetting what a coaching change can do to your team (replacing Zook with Meyer). No one questioned your talent when you were 8-5. (and we had beatin u 3 of 4) We knew it was bad coaching. Meyer won with Zooks recruits (who were medicore on the field) and Jimbo and Tricket will do the same with our players.

and who cares how many players UF lost. FSU lost alot more quality the past 2 years on defense, and this year their defense will be much better than UF's undersized squad. Like I said, its debeteable. UF does NOT clearly have more talent than FSU....and it will show on the field this year
            Last edited by -black; 07-18-2007, 10:38 AM.

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by -black View Post
              and who cares how many players UF lost. FSU lost alot more quality the past 2 years on defense, and this year their defense will be much better than UF's undersized squad. Like I said, its debeteable. UF does NOT clearly have more talent than FSU....and it will show on the field this year
              I'm saying with all the players lost on defense you can't assume in July FSU is going to be better just because you know who they are. By the end of the season it could very well be a different story. What makes you say UF is going to be undersized? Not everything is determined right now, but the lineup should look like this:

DE: Derrick Harvey 6'5" 262 lbs, Lawrence Marsh 6'5" 273 lbs, Trent Pupello 6'2" 276 lbs
              DT: Javier Estopinan 6'1" 278 lbs, Terron Sanders 6'1" 289 lbs, Brandon Antwine 5'11" 268 lbs, Lutrell Alford 6'1" 304 lbs
              LB: Brandon Spikes 6'3" 243 lbs, Dustin Doe 6'0" 223 lbs, Ryan Stamper 6'1" 226 lbs, (maybe) Jon Demps 6'4" 235 lbs
              S: Tony Joiner 5'11" 218 lbs, Kyle Jackson 6'1" 202 lbs, Dorian Munroe 5'11" 207 lbs, Jamar Hornsby 6'2" 193 lbs
              CB: Markihe Anderson 5'9" 178 lbs, Wondy Pierre-Louis 6'1" 177 lbs, Jacques Rickerson 5'9" 173 lbs

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bi...er_by=position

Looks pretty typical of all good teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post

as a college player slaton>mcfadden
                LMFAO. Big time homer alert.

Comment

• Virginia Tech: 12-2 (1 loss to LSU, and another loss to some random team. Tech always seems to have one game a year where they just do not show up)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• TCU 11-2 (losses at Texas and to some random team most likely Utah)

Pioneer Las Vegas bowl win over the UCLA bruins

former #1 in post count on this site
                    first to 500 posts

Comment

• Well I wanna say 13-0, because on paper we look like we can beat everyone on our schedule, not having a powerhouse out of conference game, and with oklahoma having a new qb and rb, its possible for it to happen...

but ive seen things go bad too many times...I think we screw one up like always, probably Tech, and win out from there...but id say we are a lock for a BCS game, call me a homer if you like

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Well I wanna say 13-0, because on paper we look like we can beat everyone on our schedule, not having a powerhouse out of conference game, and with oklahoma having a new qb and rb, its possible for it to happen...

but ive seen things go bad too many times...I think we screw one up like always, probably Tech, and win out from there...but id say we are a lock for a BCS game, call me a homer if you like
                        You're not being a homer, you're being right. However I don't expect a huge drop-off in OU's run game and they did win the Big 12 last year with a WR as a QB, so anything's possible. Definitely one of my favorite games to watch every year. Just watch out for Kansas State ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information