No announcement yet.

Discrimination of Canadian Football Players by NCAA Scouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true, we have a great RB on our team that I play alongside, repeat offensive POTW Branden Gillanders, he blazes by everybody and looks like Reggie Bush out there with his jukes.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Jamal Hyman, a freshman on my OV team, is going to be the best running back in Ontario. He's 6'0 180, built like a truck and an amazing natural athlete. His potential is off the charts, and teams will be all over him. Problem is, none will probably offer...

Check out Mizerksi and Adetuyi's tapes on youtube. That's all I have to say. It's different for americans...
      Adetuyi is a man among boyz, he lights people up

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

its the level of competition i would hope more than anything.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Why don't they just go play football for colleges in Canada. This is the N(National)CAA. Not the I(International)CAA. :p

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
            Why don't they just go play football for colleges in Canada. This is the N(National)CAA. Not the I(International)CAA. :p
            Um because players want to play at the highest level, and the NCAA is the highest level. We're not asking to integrate the CIS and NCAA, it's just asking to give Canadian kids a look. Come on think a little next time.

Comment

back ta the canadian rivals thing...

is ther ne indication of wen they will make it
              ?

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                On of my teammates, actually two High School, Chris Greaves 6'5 250 pounds when leaving high school, was being recruited by Michigan State, Akron and Buffalo, and neither offered saying he needed to bulk up!!! You kidding me, obvioulsy they have seen something they like in him, and if worst comes to worst, they know how he plays, red shirt him and let him BULK up. Hes at Western right now started 4 games at the end of the season, and is probably going to start the rest of his career, barring injury.
                No offer from Buffalo: The ultimate rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  No offer from Buffalo: The ultimate rejection.
                  Ya well the funny thing is, I went to school with Robert Pavlovic TE with South Carolina now, and he got rejected by Buffalo, and the South Carolina coach at the time laughed and said thats why they are where they are and laughed at them. I thought that was funny!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LB51 View Post
                    back ta the canadian rivals thing...

is ther ne indication of wen they will make it
                    ?
                    On the wbsite it said up in 9 days, that was when I posted the link to it. Once I clicked on it, it said there was no story. So who knows.

LB51, where are you from?

Comment

It's definitely the lack of competition. For instance, I watched an average team in my conference play against a Canadian team and it wasn't even fair. They beat them by about 60 points. It was as if the other team had never played the game before. Obviously, this is just one team, but Canadian high school football just isn't very good. Of course there are some good players, but it's just like D-1AA football like the article states. What the article leaves out is that maybe one or two players from 1-AA make an impact in the NFL each year. Also, Canadian high school football compared to 5A Texas high school football is more like division 2 than 1-AA. Shall we look at the number of D2 players making an impact in the NFL? Good athletes come from everywhere, Canada included. The problem is, that doesn't translate to being able to make the step up from playing against awful players to playing with people just as athletic and gifted as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        Um because players want to play at the highest level, and the NCAA is the highest level. We're not asking to integrate the CIS and NCAA, it's just asking to give Canadian kids a look. Come on think a little next time.
                        whoa there! didn't mean to offend you. Get a sense of humor.

Comment

No matter how you put it, Canadian football players are extremely raw when they go to college. Many Canadian are sprinkled throughout the NCAA and some make it to the pros but it is a long process. There simply isn't the training or competition in Canada to prepare him for an NCAA career. What you do find when a Canadian kid goes south of the border for football, is a very good athlete, who is raw and needs lots of work. Many become starters eventually based on their athletic ability and some make it to the pros, but for the most part, Canadian kids are miles behind in technique when the enter American colleges and need at least 2 years to become servicable players. Many second tier colleges take them because of their athletic ability and are willing to work with them and develope them as players. The top American football powers don't have that patience and only a few every make those teams.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

On a serious note....

It is too hard to recruit in Canada. No coaches want to make that trip and if Canadians aren't coming down to do American camps that can't complain about not getting recruited. I really doubt if a player is "that good" that college coaches won't consider him just because he is Canadian. If these Canadian players want to play at a school like Notre Dame, Souther Cal, or Texas they are insane, but if they are willing to go and camp at a couple of schools close to the border I don't see why teams up North would have any problem taking a Canadian player if they actually had talent. On a further note think about how much real talent there is in Canada..... They have less football talent in their entire country than there is in almost any one of the U.S. states. It isn't worth a coaches time to have to go and sift through all the players just to find one "jewel." Again Canadians as a general population not having many great football players is not discrimination, it is just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                              On a serious note....

They have less football talent in their entire country than there is in almost any one of the U.S. states.
                              Canadian talent > Alaskan talent. :)

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                so rather than just sitting back and whining about how us teams ignore canadian players, do any of them take the initiative to, you know, walk on to a team? or do they all just talk about how the US doesn't care, and then go play for some unspectacular canuck college squad?
                                honestly njx, do you think before you write things?? Serious question! Do you take into account how much it costs for an International Student to attend a D1 NCAA college in the states cost? Have you taken into consideration living expenses? How about transportation? Probably not or else you wouldn't have made such an idiotic statement. On average for an International student to walk-on to a school, you are looking at paying 35-40,000 dollars a year! Do you have that much money njx? Please think before you make such remarks, as this is not the first time. A lot of people go to "unspectacular canuck teams" because that is the only REALISTIC option left. It is very nice to talk about walking on to a team, but it isnt reality for 97% of people. The other 3% have to look at the chance they are gonna ahve once they go down there. Please take everything into consideration before posting something stupid like you did previously.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information