Discrimination of Canadian Football Players by NCAA Scouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I m not trying to start a fight.

I am just saying, if you dont get selected, go play in Canada. Make your way to CFL or whatever team and make the college regret not picking you up

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
      Honestly Billingsley26 do you think before you write things!
      Congradu****lations Canada has all of the "elite" football coaches. Considering I have never heard of any of the teams you mentioned I don't know how they would fair against Hoover High who ACTUALLY produces NCAA talent. **** Hoover even has its own TV show in the states. I'm pretty sure teams like Southlake Carroll and any highschool powerhouse would love to get behind and mount any team in Canada. If you think for one second that any football program in Canada is worth warm spit you are sadly mistaken. And anyways if your teams are so ****ing good with such top tier talent why don't all your Canadian universities start powerhouse football teams? That seems to be the theme of this thread... That Candian football talent is so ****ing good except all American football coaches hate Canadians and refuse to give them scholarships.

Then I notice you attack njx which is completely uncalled for. Honestly Billingsley, do you take into account that no one ****ing cares if Canadians have to pay lots of money to go to an AMERICAN university. Awww boohoo some Canadian football player can't get a scholarship to play at a big time American program. WAHHHHHH. So now "all Americans are racist against Canadian football players and it isn't because they suck, it is because they simply are from Canada." **** they don't even look different.

Get over it Canada. You have inferior football talent. Stop ****ing and complaining and stop insulting people that actually know what they are talking about. Send all of your players to the CFL where they will stay and get to play with the undrafted Americans coming out of college
      Originally posted by njx9

let the flaming commence.
      I won't even bother flaming with ignorant posts like this one above, they're not worth my time. It was very difficult to contain myself from personally attacking this "person", so let's leave it at that.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sorry, if I am really making you mad etk. I am trying to you know start a debate. I have seen a lot of Canadian players play and there are some damn good ones.

I just cannot see a recruiter sayin know because they are Canadian. My back up, Brett Romberg. He had no trouble of making it to the U. Now if he walked on to the U, I will admit my mistake for bringing him up.

Born Brett Christopher Romberg in Windsor, Ontario, Canada...Canadian Junior Football League Offensive Lineman of the Year as senior at Belle River High in Windsor...active in community while with Jacksonville, making school visits, participating in charity golf tournaments, helping deliver turkeys to local soup kitchens and homeless shelters, and supporting team community initiatives...married to Emily.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/team/players/57074/

Comment

Originally posted by PeterWarrick9 View Post
          Sorry, I can't believe this. A recruiters main objective is to build the best team possible, regardless if he is from South Dakota, Arizona, or Canada. I can't say a person residence overrides his abilities.

What about Daryn Colledge or Mark Schlereth? I have alot more respect for a Canadian team than a Alaskan team. Yet Colledge went to a D1 program in Boise State and Mark to Idaho. Once again, Idaho is not a powerhouse but definitely better than some JUCO school.

Gaines Adams played 8 man football. I think that is totally different than 11 man football we are used to here in USA/Canada. (I do gotta admit that I can't say that I have ever seen an 8 man football game.)

How did Brett Romberg go play for the U? A Canadian playing for the powerhouse Hurricanes. Josh Bourke played for Grand Valley State, albeit a D2 program, but GVSU has been one hell of a team in D2.

For you Canadians, I say just play in your own college football system, go to the CFL. If you are good enough, I am sure that recruited will add you
          I'm not mad at you, your post has some sensibility to it.

I agree that a recruiter's main objective is building a team of talent, but that makes it even more appalling that some of the aforementioned players in the thread didn't get offers. Many could argue that there were extraordinary circumstances that prevented some Canadians from "making it", but eventually one has to look at the quantity of talented Canadians without scholarships and wonder "Maybe they tried their best and discrimination was a factor". Like Billingsley said, many American scouts will laugh at you and walk away when you say you're from a Canadian High School. It's a serious problem. Most talented basketball players from Canada that I know of managed to get American scholarship offers, so how come this problem really exists in football almost exclusively. American hockey players aren't discriminated against by Canadians.

Gaines Adams is American.
          On a typical scale: American + athletic ability=full scholarship, pending on grades meeting requirments. Canadian + sub 4.4 40 + A average + good SAT + standout tape=full scholarship to a good 1AA school...

You use the example of Romberg, which is fine (he wasn't the only Canadian on their OLine), but there are many more big, strong athletic linemen where that came from. Using a few rare exceptions of Canadians making it to "big programs" does not change the fact that players with even more talent and potential, like Matt Adetuyi, Justene Edwards, Jamaal George, etc. probably will end up falling off the map or dominating CIS play.

I plan on going through the CIS system and wouldn't strongly pursue American football myself, mainly because my body type and skill set suit my specific position which does not exist in America.

Edit: If this is considered flaming, I apologize in advance

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Honestly Billingsley26 do you think before you write things!
            Congradu****lations Canada has all of the "elite" football coaches. Considering I have never heard of any of the teams you mentioned I don't know how they would fair against Hoover High who ACTUALLY produces NCAA talent. **** Hoover even has its own TV show in the states. I'm pretty sure teams like Southlake Carroll and any highschool powerhouse would love to get behind and mount any team in Canada. If you think for one second that any football program in Canada is worth warm spit you are sadly mistaken. And anyways if your teams are so ****ing good with such top tier talent why don't all your Canadian universities start powerhouse football teams? That seems to be the theme of this thread... That Candian football talent is so ****ing good except all American football coaches hate Canadians and refuse to give them scholarships.

Then I notice you attack njx which is completely uncalled for. Honestly Billingsley, do you take into account that no one ****ing cares if Canadians have to pay lots of money to go to an AMERICAN university. Awww boohoo some Canadian football player can't get a scholarship to play at a big time American program. WAHHHHHH. So now "all Americans are racist against Canadian football players and it isn't because they suck, it is because they simply are from Canada." **** they don't even look different.

Get over it Canada. You have inferior football talent. Stop ****ing and complaining and stop insulting people that actually know what they are talking about. Send all of your players to the CFL where they will stay and get to play with the undrafted Americans coming out of college

WOW! VY10, I have lost all respect I ever had for you!!!! You are arguing and being a big baby over something that wasnt even brought up in this arguement between myself and njx9. We were arguing over different opportunities one could have, and he brought up the fact of walking on to a team but......enough of you. Honestly like etk said, this is ignorance at its FINEST! Im done talking about this with you, read all the posts and udnerstand.

Oh BTW, its very understandable that you dont know who St. Mikes, or St. Andrews or Lorne Park are.....YOU LIVE 5000 MILES AWAY YOU DUMBASS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
              WOW! VY10, I have lost all respect I ever had for you!!!! You are arguing and being a big baby over something that wasnt even brought up in this arguement between myself and njx9. We were arguing over different opportunities one could have, and he brought up the fact of walking on to a team but......enough of you. Honestly like etk said, this is ignorance at its FINEST! Im done talking about this with you, read all the posts and udnerstand.

Oh BTW, its very understandable that you dont know who St. Mikes, or St. Andrews or Lorne Park are.....YOU LIVE 5000 MILES AWAY YOU DUMBASS!
              I don't understand. That is the problem. If you don't get a scholarship you can't complain. If you don't live in our country you can't complain how expensive our colleges are. If talent is good, coaches will come. Enough said. However, talent is not good. I'm sure your top notch athletes play hockey instead. Canada has its own colleges for a reason and that is to educate the masses of Canadians and these colleges have athletics to allow Canadians to play sports.

Comment

I don't understand. That is the problem. If you don't get a scholarship you can't complain. If you don't live in our country you can't complain how expensive our colleges are. If talent is good, coaches will come. Enough said. However, talent is not good. I'm sure your top notch athletes play hockey instead. Canada has its own colleges for a reason and that is to educate the masses of Canadians and these colleges have athletics to allow Canadians to play sports.
                1st. Sorry for snapping on you like that and calling you a dumbass. Didnt mean it.

2nd. I understand what your saying. But like I said Ive been to a camp in which a coach came up to me during drills and began talking to me. He asked me where I went to school. I said St. Francis Xavier, he said from where, I said Toronto. And he walked away. Obviously he saw something he liked in me enough to come and talk, but to walk away immediately after I said I was from Toronto was unheard of. That is the point were trying to make. Canadian have a much higher ceiling, and are just as good athletes as Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  The two of you simply don't understand the concept of the Canadian athlete wanting to attend American university on a full scholarship. It's quite simple actually: full scholarship! Canadian universities can only give up to about $3000 "bursary" to incoming athletes, and that hinges on an 80+ average in Grade 12 and maintaining a 70 in university. Canadians strive to play in the US because they can get a free education and play on the highest level, does that not make sense? Walking onto a team defeats the purpose because American tuition is far more expensive and you don't even get the small amount that Canadian schools offer, you get $0. Many of these players I mentioned would walk on at a university with the confidence and expectation of earning a scholarship, however they can't even afford that initial year of paying.
                  No I understand the concept. I am however anti-complaining about how expensive OUT OF COUNTRY colleges are. We(AMERICANS) pay taxes for these public schools and private ones are already expensive. I have no sympathy for someone out of the country that can't afford to come to our colleges that are provided to educate our population. Get over it! It is complete ignorance to be making this argument because the colleges weren't established for Canadians in the first place. Canada has its own colleges. If you aren't good enough at football, go there.

Comment

1st. Sorry for snapping on you like that and calling you a dumbass. Didnt mean it.

2nd. I understand what your saying. But like I said Ive been to a camp in which a coach came up to me during drills and began talking to me. He asked me where I went to school. I said St. Francis Xavier, he said from where, I said Toronto. And he walked away. Obviously he saw something he liked in me enough to come and talk, but to walk away immediately after I said I was from Toronto was unheard of. That is the point were trying to make. Canadian have a much higher ceiling, and are just as good athletes as Americans.
                    OK now we have some eye-witness proof. I can understand that. I also understand that there are good Canadian athletes (I am under the impression most choose to play hockey.)

Comment

You are a big steaming pot of ignorance. I guess rednecks ran out of people to insult for religion, race and sexual orientation, so now you have to settle for bashing people based on where they're from, even though you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Typical redneck Texan making generalizations about Canadians based on overused American misconceptions. It's a tired act.

Your last sentence proves your ignorance towards Canadians, as you claim that our "colleges" are there to educate the masses of Canadians and allow them to play sports. Problem is, most Canadian students attend university and very few colleges have extensive athletic programs here.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Do you know Evan Petrie?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You are a big steaming pot of ignorance. I guess rednecks ran out of people to insult for religion, race and sexual orientation, so now you have to settle for bashing people based on where they're from, even though you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Typical redneck Texan making generalizations about Canadians based on overused American misconceptions. It's a tired act.

Your last sentence proves your ignorance towards Canadians, as you claim that our "colleges" are there to educate the masses of Canadians and allow them to play sports. Problem is, most Canadian students attend university and very few colleges have extensive athletic programs here.
                          CHHEEAA!!! Actualyl etk, I think that colleges only have basketball and volleyball as their sports. Could be wrong but that is what I believe. BTW. Gamerama has it in...were you able to pick it up??

Comment

No I understand the concept. I am however anti-complaining about how expensive OUT OF COUNTRY colleges are. We(AMERICANS) pay taxes for these public schools and private ones are already expensive. I have no sympathy for someone out of the country that can't afford to come to our colleges that are provided to educate our population. Get over it! It is complete ignorance to be making this argument because the colleges weren't established for Canadians in the first place. Canada has its own colleges. If you aren't good enough at football, go there.
                            Colleges are established to educate, period. Do professors distinguish between students based on what country they're from? My friend from Mexico told me that 2/5 Mexicans goe to North America for post-secondary education. Is that a problem for you? I was under the impression that American colleges weren't Nazi territory and "aliens" were allowed to attend, but I guess I'm wrong. Sorry.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Do you know Evan Petrie?
                              SURE DO! Goes to my school. Hes a head case big time!!!!! But hes a very solid RB. Good speed and hes a very patient runner. Hes got power too, trust me. He is a retty good RB all around and if hes on his game Id say near the top in the league. However, it seemed pretty easy to knock him off his game as he unloads pretty easily. Still prepare for his best. Im sure he will bring it, hes a competitor.

Comment

CHHEEAA!!! Actualyl etk, I think that colleges only have basketball and volleyball as their sports. Could be wrong but that is what I believe. BTW. Gamerama has it in...were you able to pick it up??
                                LOL. ****. I went there at about 5:30 and they said they might get it in half-an-hour. I thought it was BS so I went home. ****. I'm going away this weekend so I won't get it until the legitimate release date, after we take on your old team on MNF.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information