Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discrimination of Canadian Football Players by NCAA Scouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discrimination of Canadian Football Players by NCAA Scouts

    http://www.preps.ca/article/discrimi...y-ncaa-scouts/

    This is an interesting article written by a teammate of mine. I have played with or against many of those players listed in there, and most of them have starting potential on almost any college team. Matt Adetuyi is one of the fastest, most athletic and hard-hitting LBs in North American HS Football, period. I recommend looking up his and Mike Mizerski's videos on youtube. Mizerski is at UManitoba in Canada after failing to receive a US offer. Adetuyi attended some camps this summer but I still don't think he has found a home.

    I just thought it's interesting and important for American fans to know that they're missing out on talented athletes and prospects, with no one to fault but their team's own scouts.

    sig by BoneKrusher

  • #2
    It's unfair, I agree. I don't play at the OV level like you do, but I played on a damn good league team with some players I think could potentially play in the US. One's a RB, but he broke his ankle two seasons ago and then in our playoff game last year, he tore his ACL, so unfortunately he might have lost his oppurtunity. But he was the team's best runner, receiver and blocker. Great all-around player. Another is a linebacker, a year younger than me, he's a beast, plain and simple. Benches 300 at age 15, runs a 4.7, 6'2" 195 with 2 years to grow. He definitely has the measurables but he's a bit raw, even he'll admit. On the bright side, he was actually talked to by a top-notch BCS school at a camp, so who knows. The other guy is a QB, he's really accurate, has a good arm, but hes also really on the small side for a QB which is unfortunate since he is very talented. He'll definitely play in Canada at the worst, but who knows, someone might take a chance on him. There are also two guys I played with who are as talented as anyone, but have really done some stupid stuff and probably lost whatever chance they had.

    If I played in the US, all those guys would at the very least be looked at by the local university, just because they're hometown guys, and that might really be the problem. If there was a local university offering them a scholarship, they could go. But there isn't one because we have the CIS, which gives like $1500 max or something like that. And I don't think anyone can deny that in order to make it in the NCAA as a Canadian you have to be much, much better than an American would.

    Oh, and before anyone comes in here spewing about All Canadians suck at football or whatever, please save it(certainly overall the US has better players but to say there are no great Canadian players is simply moronic). You don't need to broadcast your stupidity and ignorance.


    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

    Comment


    • #3
      I follow BC a lot and I know they sign some Canadians, I haven't heard of many on other teams, though.

      Didn't USC sign a Canadian DL the other day?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
        I follow BC a lot and I know they sign some Canadians, I haven't heard of many on other teams, though.

        Didn't USC sign a Canadian DL the other day?
        By the other day you mean 2 1/2 months ago your correct.

        Trey Henderson 6-3 275 DT who is only 16 years old.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
          I follow BC a lot and I know they sign some Canadians, I haven't heard of many on other teams, though.

          Didn't USC sign a Canadian DL the other day?
          Read the article, they signed him on a full scholarship only after another team offered and they knew they had to step their game up.

          Canadian schools offer a max of about $3000, buy you must have an 80+ average to qualify.

          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #6
            Very interesting article. Being from Norway this issue is all new to me, and I agree that something needs to be done. Every player, no matter what country he is from, should get an equal opportunity.



            Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by elway777 View Post
              By the other day you mean 2 1/2 months ago your correct.

              Trey Henderson 6-3 275 DT who is only 16 years old.
              Michigan signed Renaldo Sagesse, a DT from Montreal. 6'4, 315 lbs. Three-time All-Canada selection FWIW.

              Comment


              • #8
                I whole-heartedly agree as well. I mean one kid on my team is the best runningback in my city, and he's only a sophomore. Give him a couple years andhe could be the best running back in Ontario. But with the location of the city I live in (Sudbury, 4 hours north of Toronto), he will probably never get looked at.

                Now, this may be an extreme example, but I'm sure that some small NOrtheastern American schools like UConn or oneo f the directional Michigan's could find some hidden talent in certain parts of Canada which could make them better teams
                Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

                Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                A fan of the USF Bulls

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yup, I agree 100%. Ive been to camps and had coaches come talk to me toask me what school I go to. I say St. Francis Xavier, they say where abouts, I say just outside of Toronto, and they literally walkaway! Why should where Im from have anyting to do with it. If i was on the field banging with these guys are supposedly better than me, and you obviously saw something that made you walk up to talk to me, then why would you turn around and walk away after hearing Im Canadian???

                  On of my teammates, actually two High School, Chris Greaves 6'5 250 pounds when leaving high school, was being recruited by Michigan State, Akron and Buffalo, and neither offered saying he needed to bulk up!!! You kidding me, obvioulsy they have seen something they like in him, and if worst comes to worst, they know how he plays, red shirt him and let him BULK up. Hes at Western right now started 4 games at the end of the season, and is probably going to start the rest of his career, barring injury.

                  Maurice Forbes was a BEAST!! After grade 12+, he was almost 6'3 and about 300 pounds. He benched 315 as a warmup, and was being recruited by Michigan, Rutgers Penn State, and again was told he was too short to play DT. The friggin guy has an NFL ready body. He took a year off trying to see if anythign would come up. Nothing changed. He is now going to Concordia in September.

                  Its amazing tho. No one udnerstand until they see it first hand. Its really bad, becsuse coaches dont realize that Canada is a GOLD MINE!!! Too many really good players are being over looked. For god sakes, etk, I was at the combine when Jamal George ran a 4.29 electric. 4.29!!!! Theres talent everywhere. The OVFL is spewing with talent. Theres only one other option for us Canadians who want to be given a shot in the US, thats JuCo. Thats where Im heading, hopefully for a year so I can get in and out, and someone sees it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thats a great article. I bet if some of these players went to some american schools camps and combines they could get some serious looks if they do well. Also they should send out highlight tapes. Taylor Bennet QB at G Tech wasnt that impressive in high school, and was only getting looks from small schools but he sent out highlight tapes and went to G Techs camp, now look at him. One of my friends goes to a high school that is awful at football but hes a stud 6'5 280, 4.98 electric 40, his mom made a highlight tape of him and sent it to schools, he has since recieved invites to combines and camps, and now he has 2 D1 offers from the camps


                    Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WOW! You guys wont believe what I just got in an email from Rivals.com....



                      From RedFlagSports.com

                      Latest News


                      The Ticker


                      Recruit Search


                      Visit Dates


                      Message Boards

                      Canadian Football Fan,

                      Rivals.com is proud to announce the launch of our first High School football site devoted entirely to players and teams in Canada, RedFlagSports.com.

                      From Quebec to Saskatchewan and everywhere in Manitoba, RedFlagSports will cover it all. High school teams and high school players looking for exposure in the states this is the place to go.

                      Get to RedFlagSports.com for all the latest in Canada.

                      If it happens in Canada, you will read about it first at RedFlagSports.com

                      www.RedFlagSports.com


                      I guess something is getting out.


                      BTW jbeans187, Ive been to camps in the states, and combines, and honestly American coaches aren't interested. Ive been turned down, just look at what I wrote previously.
                      Last edited by Billingsley26; 07-11-2007, 03:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Its amazing even at camps players are ignored, thanks for bringing this to attention


                        Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                          Its amazing even at camps players are ignored, thanks for bringing this to attention

                          It really is. Its tough to believe, but jbeans187 your pretty understanding and you seem to be in the know. It sucks, but hopefully this new Rivals Canada thing will help. I hope it does, just seems a little late. But then again, better late than never.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                            WOW! You guys wont believe what I just got in an email from Rivals.com....



                            From RedFlagSports.com

                            Latest News


                            The Ticker


                            Recruit Search


                            Visit Dates


                            Message Boards

                            Canadian Football Fan,

                            Rivals.com is proud to announce the launch of our first High School football site devoted entirely to players and teams in Canada, RedFlagSports.com.

                            From Quebec to Saskatchewan and everywhere in Manitoba, RedFlagSports will cover it all. High school teams and high school players looking for exposure in the states this is the place to go.

                            Get to RedFlagSports.com for all the latest in Canada.

                            If it happens in Canada, you will read about it first at RedFlagSports.com

                            www.RedFlagSports.com


                            I guess something is getting out.


                            BTW jbeans187, Ive been to camps in the states, and combines, and honestly American coaches aren't interested. Ive been turned down, just look at what I wrote previously.
                            i rly hope this have this site up by next year

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                              I whole-heartedly agree as well. I mean one kid on my team is the best runningback in my city, and he's only a sophomore. Give him a couple years andhe could be the best running back in Ontario. But with the location of the city I live in (Sudbury, 4 hours north of Toronto), he will probably never get looked at.

                              Now, this may be an extreme example, but I'm sure that some small NOrtheastern American schools like UConn or oneo f the directional Michigan's could find some hidden talent in certain parts of Canada which could make them better teams
                              Jamal Hyman, a freshman on my OV team, is going to be the best running back in Ontario. He's 6'0 180, built like a truck and an amazing natural athlete. His potential is off the charts, and teams will be all over him. Problem is, none will probably offer...
                              Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                              Thats a great article. I bet if some of these players went to some american schools camps and combines they could get some serious looks if they do well. Also they should send out highlight tapes. Taylor Bennet QB at G Tech wasnt that impressive in high school, and was only getting looks from small schools but he sent out highlight tapes and went to G Techs camp, now look at him. One of my friends goes to a high school that is awful at football but hes a stud 6'5 280, 4.98 electric 40, his mom made a highlight tape of him and sent it to schools, he has since recieved invites to combines and camps, and now he has 2 D1 offers from the camps
                              Check out Mizerksi and Adetuyi's tapes on youtube. That's all I have to say. It's different for americans...

                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information