Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma to forfeit all wins from 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by elway777 View Post
    Thought you meant the house case. The punishment for that case won't hurt SC either in the end.
    Well, it's possible Carroll knew about it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
      Well, it's possible Carroll knew about it.
      i really doubt pete carrol knew about Bush's house situation

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
        wait im confused...oklahoma had their season erased because of Rhett Bomar? i thought OU didnt know and when they found out Bob Stoops submitted him to NCAA for violations and kicked him off the team? did i hear that wrong or did OU try to sweep it under the rug and got caught?
        You are absolutely right in what happened. They are being punished for not monitering close enough.

        Comment


        • #19
          What happens with USC in terms of Bush-house and Jarrett-apartment?

          Comment


          • #20
            well, its not as if that was a year they won the big 12, or a NC...then it be a huge story as they would have to hand back those awards, the probation probably hurts, but its only a few scholarships a year...


            either way has to suck, i for one know id be pissed if we had to forfeit our games for ramonce taylor acting an ass....


            but with USC, its a little more serious...they won alot more accolades, wonder how that will pan out





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • #21
              .... again. "Oklahoma football. The best Texans money can buy!" Luckily for stoops he kicked bomar and that O-Lineman off the team or they would have gotten worse. Still this is proof that no one wants the death penalty to ever happen again. They got off pretty easy.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                .... again. "Oklahoma football. The best Texans money can buy!" Luckily for stoops he kicked bomar and that O-Lineman off the team or they would have gotten worse. Still this is proof that no one wants the death penalty to ever happen again. They got off pretty easy.
                I'm thinking the fact that he booted them when he found out about it may have something do with it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Two words: Big deal. Think Bob Stoops is going to cry over those lost wins? If he does he has a crap load of money to wipe away those tears

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    yeah, but i hate to see teams punished for stupid players. i think it was enough OU lost their starting QB before the start of the season. its not like he (stoops) tried to pull a fast one and hide it...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                      .... again. "Oklahoma football. The best Texans money can buy!" Luckily for stoops he kicked bomar and that O-Lineman off the team or they would have gotten worse. Still this is proof that no one wants the death penalty to ever happen again. They got off pretty easy.
                      k, question for all you guys. I have heard about the SMU death penalty quite a bit, but I have never been able to find how it happened and what happened, anyone care to shed some light on it??
                      Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

                      Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                      Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                      Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                      A fan of the USF Bulls

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                        .... again. "Oklahoma football. The best Texans money can buy!" Luckily for stoops he kicked bomar and that O-Lineman off the team or they would have gotten worse. Still this is proof that no one wants the death penalty to ever happen again. They got off pretty easy.
                        I'm guessing you're a Texas fan. They didn't get off pretty easy. They got a pretty harsh punishment. It's not like Oklahoma knew this was going on. What Bomar and Quinn did was without the University's knowledge. Losing four scholarships over the next two years and having to forfeit a season's worth of games and a Bowl game is bit ridiculous for something that two players did. Punishing the entire football program like that is a bit much, especially considering that Stoops already removed the problems from the team.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                          k, question for all you guys. I have heard about the SMU death penalty quite a bit, but I have never been able to find how it happened and what happened, anyone care to shed some light on it??
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            thanks alot, that was harsh for SMU, but they were pretty idiotic in doign that
                            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

                            Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                            A fan of the USF Bulls

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                              I'm guessing you're a Texas fan. They didn't get off pretty easy. They got a pretty harsh punishment. It's not like Oklahoma knew this was going on. What Bomar and Quinn did was without the University's knowledge. Losing four scholarships over the next two years and having to forfeit a season's worth of games and a Bowl game is bit ridiculous for something that two players did. Punishing the entire football program like that is a bit much, especially considering that Stoops already removed the problems from the team.
                              The only thing that hurts them is the loss of 4 scholarships. It's not like anybody really cares how many wins the '04 Sooners had. It's a slap on the wrist, plain and simple. The NCAA could have done far, far worse to the Sooners than vacating 8 wins from an average season. So what if the history books will now show 0 wins in a season? The players still know that they won those games, and it isn't like their lives are going to change at all. It's a completely meaningless punishment.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                But they shouldn't be. USC got away with that one unjustly.
                                Not that it really matters much, who really cares if your team's wins from a mediocre season are erased? It's not like OU won anything that year. USC however won 1.5 national championships with Bush.
                                correction 2.5
                                2004=WON
                                2005=WON
                                2006=LOST

                                Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information