No announcement yet.

BCS vs. Playoff System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why cant conferences have championship games regardless of conf. size, all should have one

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by mittelstaedt2007 View Post
      About a week ago on ESPN"s First Take, there was a report of a looming change to a plus one system, ie 4 team tourney. The only major opposition was from the Rose Bowl committee, the Big 10, and the Pac 10 as the Rose has a seperate tv contract and sponsorships. The earliest of a possible chance for a playoff would be in 2011, once the ABC contract runs out for the Rose Bowl, and the BCS contract. I'm hoping and praying for a playoff, even if it means waiting till '11, but it would finally determine a champ ON THE FIELD.
      I still dont get why they cant call the playoff games the rose, orange, sugar, and fiesta playoff games

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
        Why cant conferences have championship games regardless of conf. size, all should have one
        They all need to. That is why IMHO the SEC is the top conference. The East and West both have their powers and then they have to play each other, possibly again, in a championship game. Now the Big 12 North of recent has been sad but they are coming back.

If all conferences had championship games and if there was a 4 team playoff we would have no more "*" champions.

Comment

If we had a playoff then there wouldn't still be all this USC/LSU 03' talk and Auburn wouldn't have gotten screwd in 04'.

I don't see how anyone can be for the BCS and against a playoff.

Comment

I am in favor of a Plus One system. It was already said, but let the four major BCS Bowls rotate and have two of them each year play the 1/4 and 2/3 games. Then the winner of those games play each other in the BCS Championship game. There is no reason to believe that system won't work. There will always be controversy and there is no way to eliminate it. However, I personally would much rather there be controversy around the 4th best team than I would around the 2nd best. This only extends the season for only two teams, and only by one game. The whole Bowl format remains the same. The only difference in this system and the current system is that two teams play in two Bowls.

Comment

For any of this to work, Notre Dame has to join the Big East. They really screw over any idea of a playoff system and even the BCS system. It is BS that as long as they win 9 games, there is a fair chance that they go to a BCS game.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information