No announcement yet.

OSU D vs. LSU D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I don't know enough about OSU's defense to make a fair judgement, I just know how loaded LSU's defense will be.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      No one's D is "easily" better than OSU's except for USC and LSU.
      I agree ;)

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
        Dude OSUs DEs have no shot against LSU or USCs DEs. Not really that close either. LBs, yea maybe. Dont know much about the secondary though.
        You mean future first round picks Vernon Gholston and Robert Rose, plus Lawrence Wilson who is also in the 1st/2nd round discussion (hasn't played enough to determine)....gimme a break. Our DEs are the best thing about our defense.

Comment

You mean future first round picks Vernon Gholston and Robert Rose, plus Lawrence Wilson who is also in the 1st/2nd round discussion (hasn't played enough to determine)....gimme a break. Our DEs are the best thing about our defense.
          I'll take Lawrence Jackson,Everson Griffen and Kyle Moore any day over Rose and Gholston.

Comment

You won't be saying that in five years when Gholston and Rose are making the pro bowl every year. I think Griffen is the only one of SC's 3 ends who has as much potential as those 2. Robert Rose is a monster....6-5/270 and incredibly strong for a rush end, the next Mike Strahan. Every time he's in the game he is in the backfield.

Comment

Saying Rose is the next what ever is plain homerism. The guy hasn't played a season yet. It's just like your Tedd Ginn being better then D-Jack theory that everybody laughed at. Plus without proven DT's what does this say about your whole D-line? Maybe it's talented, but talent doesn't make up for lack of experience. SC proved that this year.
              Last edited by elway777; 07-20-2007, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Virginia Tech.... 2x number one defense in the nation doesn't get much consideration? We're returning 8 defensive starters...and all of them are studs.

To the guy who mentioned our lack of NFL talent...it's amazing. We don't have the best recruiting(teams like UVA and NC State constantly out-recruit us), but our coaching is incredible. We take 2-star talent and make them play like 4-star studs.

VT student, Buccaneer fanatic

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                  I know that LSU has a great set of players on D this year and that they play in the SEC or whatever but i wanna see you guys compare these two units. I really only see them having the advantage at the DT spot and want to know what you guys think

All College National Champions have one thing in common, an experienced QB with some real skills. Ohio St will lose a game or 2 before their QB settles down and becomes the player he can be. 2 loses is what an inexperienced QB will deliver no matter how talented he will become and 2 losses won't even get you to the NC game. Ohio St will be a very good team overall but they will still lose at least 2 games next season due to QB errors at crucial times.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

No one's D is "easily" better than OSU's. No one in college football anyway. The only conceivable weakness might be the DTs, and they were both 5 star and 4 star recruits though inexperienced and kinda small. I think their LBs, DEs, and DBs will match up with any in the country.
                    But OSU's LBers are clearly better than LSUs and their DBs easily if they stay healthy? Please. Lawrence Jackson and Ellis are both better than anyone on your DL and Fili and Moore are better than all but Gholston. That's easily better. LSU's DL is also easily better. USCs LBs are easily better. USCs DBs are easily better than OSUs. Guess what, USCs defense is easily better than OSUs. LSU and OSU are pretty equal in LB and DB but their DL still dominates OSUs. Man your homerism never ends.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

I don't think you can really compare guys like Moala and Moore to 3 players who haven't started yet. Lawrence Wilson is looking like he could be the best of all our defensive linemen now that he is not splitting time with Jay Richardson (who is now a Raider). Doug Worthington was a 5 star recruit who is now the starting LDT at 6-7/295 or so. The line other than Gholston is unproven, it is unfair to say that ___ is easily better than them therefore. I said that the DEs, LBs, and DBs could match up with anyone's in the country and they definitely could. Never said those units were definitely the best in the country, READ.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        All College National Champions have one thing in common, an experienced QB with some real skills. Ohio St will lose a game or 2 before their QB settles down and becomes the player he can be. 2 loses is what an inexperienced QB will deliver no matter how talented he will become and 2 losses won't even get you to the NC game. Ohio St will be a very good team overall but they will still lose at least 2 games next season due to QB errors at crucial times.

Looking at the schedule, the only game I see us as a threat to lose is @Purdue in the first 8 games. By the Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan games Boeckman will be settled in and Chris Wells will probably get about 30 carries in all those games anyways, and the only thing preventing Beanie from 200 a game in those first 8 is probably the game being a major blowout early. BTW, I think Craig Krenzel went into 2002 with only 2 games of starting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                          Saying Rose is the next what ever is plain homerism. The guy hasn't played a season yet. It's just like your Tedd Ginn being better then D-Jack theory that everybody laughed at. Plus without proven DT's what does this say about your whole D-line? Maybe it's talented, but talent doesn't make up for lack of experience. SC proved that this year.
                          Throw out Griffen and Rose then since both are unproven. Gholston might not be as high of a draftpick as Jackson, but he might since he's a DE/OLB tweener like K.Wimbley and D.Ware. Jackson didn't do that much the first half of last year and only ended up with 5 sacks. Gholston had 9 last year. I say the Gholston/Jackson comparison is really a push. At the other end L.Wilson hasn't played as much as Moore, but Wilson has more pass rush for a base end, and I don't see how after this year anyone could say they'd take Moore over Wilson. Barring Griffen or Rose having big years in rotation, OSU ends are better.

Comment

Looking at the schedule, the only game I see us as a threat to lose is @Purdue in the first 8 games. By the Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan games Boeckman will be settled in and Chris Wells will probably get about 30 carries in all those games anyways, and the only thing preventing Beanie from 200 a game in those first 8 is probably the game being a major blowout early. BTW, I think Craig Krenzel went into 2002 with only 2 games of starting experience.
                            exactly, Boeckman will have settlled down before we even see a decent team, i really think that he will be a pretty decent game manager but the time we face PSU

Comment

200 a game? You really need to ease up on the homerism. He's Chris Wells, not Emmitt Smith. This guy gets so much love for a guy who's never started a game it's absurd. I know he's a heck of a player and I don't doubt that, but come on get realistic.

Comment

Well he'll get close to 30 carries a game and he'll average close to 6 ypc or so, which is about 180 ypg. He might not get exactly 30 carries a game, but then again some of those games he will certainly average more than 6 ypc, so that is average I'd say. Mo Clarett was that good and he didn't get near the carries that Beanie will get. I think MoC had 7 ypc against Michigan in 02. Wells is bigger faster, more durable, and stronger than Clarett.....His vision might not be what Clarett's was but we don't really know that for sure. If his vision and ability to hit the hole is was #13's was then 180-200 ypg in those first 8 is VERY possible. (Look at the schedule, it's not the stretch you might think). Don't undersell Wells' talent, he's in the same class talentwise that Clarett and Peterson were.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information