No announcement yet.

Prediction for next years National Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whose defense, UCLA? i doubt it will be better next year but regardless they wont upset USC next year
    Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
      Originally posted by RickNJ83
      Wow sweetness that was a moronic statement.
      Ok... :?

Notre Dame SHOULDN'T make a bowl next season, there that better? :roll:
      You only to win 6 games to become bowl eligible. I don't see 7 games on their 2007 schedule that they can lose.

Comment

Originally posted by throwback54milkman
        RUTGERS!- seriously they could go undefeated if they beat Louisville at Louisville
        Try beating Cincinnati first.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

USC will be untouchable. Their whole defense returns and most of their offense. The players they lose on offense, will easily be replaced by future NFLers. Nobody will come close next season.
          As for their opponent, watch out for Florida St. which also returns everybody and now that Bowden's son isn't involved, their offense may finally jell.
          Certainly these schools will challange Florida St.:
          Tennessee
          Michigan
          Texas
          West Virginia
          But nobody will challange USC.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

In my opinion, it’s a bit early to make definitive statements such as “nobody will challenge”. These are kids we are talking about, so anything can happen. Certainly, schools like USC have a greater margin of era, but to make definitive statements is a leap, IMO. But for any team to get to the title game, it’s going to take a little bit of luck. As of now, I think I like

Wisconsin – I don’t think the Big 10 is going to be all that strong next year. They get Michigan at home, which helps. Ohio State would seem to be the big road impediment, but as of now, I think the Badgers can handle that one this year.

Texas – This was a tough call, but I’ll lean the Longhorns. There’s only 2 games that look really daunting, Oklahoma and at Texas A&M. I think they get Oklahoma at a nice spot, when the transitioning pieces are still coming together. And I think Texas A&M is at a nice spot for them as well, as it’s at the end, when the hope would be that the transitioned pieces for Texas have melded in.

Other thoughts:

Big East – I think the balance could hurt their chances. I’m not sold on the Mountaineers defense improving enough as of now. I think South Florida is going to be solid again. My favorite now would be Louisville, but I think there’s enough balance there to limit the Big East’s chances.

ACC – Was awful tempted to pick Virginia Tech or Boston College over Texas. In the end, it’s got nothing to do with Glennon at QB, but more to do with that, the Coastal should have a solid foursome. Miami looks good on paper, as does Georgia Tech. Virginia should be improved, and who knows what Butch Davis can do? BC should be the class of the Atlantic, but I’m not sure they are that good to survive their schedule. Road trips to Virginia Tech/Georgia Tech loom, and the Maryland/Clemson/Miami finish could cause them problems. Add in the conference title game, and it’s hard for me to see an ACC squad there.

Big 12 – I was really tempted to put Texas A&M up there, but in the end, the nod goes to Texas as the talent is better. But the Aggies should be a top squad, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they are somehow in the title game. There’s an early trip to Miami that could end any thoughts, though. I like Oklahoma, but not sure they can gel in time. Another year, maybe. The North seems like it’s going to be the lesser of the two divisions. Nebraska’s got too many changes. I like Ron Prince’s kids at Kansas State, but out of the gate, the nod probably goes to Missouri.

Big 10 – Michigan’s defensive losses worry me, but in the end, it came down to the fact that they go on the road to Wisconsin. Ohio State, I think, is a year away.

Pac 10 – Number 3 on my list would’ve been a Pac 10 squad … UCLA. Everyone has USC penciled in … but UCLA returns a quality, loaded squad. In the end, I think people underestimate the Pac-10, which should be a very quality conference next year, and I’m not sure USC is dominant enough to not get a blemish. I like UCLA on paper over USC at this early stage, due to UCLA’s defense.

SEC – Tennessee was there in the final grouping of teams I was thinking about, but for some reason, I’m not gung ho about them. Florida will take a year back, but Georgia should be much better, I think, provided Stafford grows. That said, Kentucky/South Carolina return two very complete squads, and this should be a balanced East. Out West, LSU should be a loaded team again … but I really like Auburn, and Nick Saban will help Alabama a lot. Arkansas’ defensive losses hurt, but they should still be good again. At the end of the day, I think the balance of the SEC hurts their chances, along with the additional title game, but hey, Florida proved everyone wrong this past year.

Mid-majors and independents – Don’t see Notre Dame. Too many losses. As for the mid-majors, that wasn’t even a consideration. I’m not sure there’s going to be a mid-major good enough to challenge for a BCS spot, although TCU seems to be the presumptive challenger.

That said, it’s ridiculously early and anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
              Originally posted by sweetness34
              Originally posted by RickNJ83
              Wow sweetness that was a moronic statement.
              Ok... :?

Notre Dame SHOULDN'T make a bowl next season, there that better? :roll:
              You only to win 6 games to become bowl eligible. I don't see 7 games on their 2007 schedule that they can lose.
              I know that, but what I was saying is that they shouldn't be in a bowl game. They play a cup cake schedule that gets them bowl eligible and then they get smoked against the best teams in College Football.

Last year they got blasted by tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl, and this year they got smacked by LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

USC VS FLORIDA

Comment

Originally posted by etk
                  RUTGERS!- seriously they could go undefeated if they beat Louisville at Louisville

Louisville vs. Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner
                    Originally posted by etk

Louisville vs. Wisconsin.

and louisville, and west virgina, and even south florida. dont get ahead of yourself

Lionsmack

Originally posted by elway777
                    They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
                    The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.

Comment

• USC vs. LSU

Michigan migth have a shot since i dont see them loosing to OSU this year but they are going to be prone to an upset but they definitly have a shot if they can stay focused all year.

Florida lost too much and won't rebound next year but in two years watch out.

West virginia has a chance but needs michigan and lsu to have atleast one loss or else they may be passed over cpming froma weak conference

Comment

• Ohio State over Louisville

OSU will have a dominant defense and a RB in Chris Wells who will have a better year than Maurice did when the Buckeyes won it in '02 and just as good of defense.

UL: Brian Brohm

Comment

• USC vs I dont know

Comment

• I seriously doubt Ohio St will be back at a national championship game with the losses they suffered on offense. Louisville is an interesting pick though. I think Ohio St will be in the top 6 ranked teams next year though and still might beat Michigan
                            Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

• USC vs. Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by RWFender1
                                haha true...i was trying to be friendly but the fact is they are lucky if they make it into a BCS bowl game next year now that Quinn, Walker and Samarjdia are gone
                                Give Clausen a year and ND will be in a BCS game again in 09

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information