No announcement yet.

Big 10 looking to add a new team???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think they should get rid of Penn State and go back to having 10, but I know that won't happen. In lue of that I wouldn't mind adding Missouri or Iowa State. Other possibilities could be West Virginia, Louisville, Cincinnatti, or any MAC team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm against adding another team. I can't think of another school that has that Big Ten feeling. Notre Dame would be the best fit, but that won't happen. Adding a Big East team does not sit well with me at all. Plus you have to remember that it affects other sports as well. Western Michigan and Ohio? Ha, you must be joking. With out the possibility of ND my choice would be Nebraska, although they might not want to. Keep it the way it is. I do like the idea of kicking out Penn State though

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        We might as well rename the Big 12 the Texas 12 if that happens, lol. That wouldn't be a bad domino effect: Mizzou move to Big 10-Ship. More Texas schools for Big 12-intense rivalry. New powers would form in the mid-majors. I'm not so sure about the Pac-10 idea, as Utah has to prove to be more consistent to move up, especially since Meyer left. Maybe Boise St. will go to the Pac-10 eventually, they have the talent and they're not too far from the Pacific.
        The Texas conference would be a modified SWC and would be rather weak unless TCU, Tech, and Houston could step it up.

Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, Rice, UTEP, North Texas.

Ya I can probably see Boise State and BYU joining the Pac-10 more than Utah. Utah has been relatively decent since Urban Meyer. Hawaii also comes to mind.

What would be the best though would be the SWC if they took some of the Big Eight teams instead of the other way around. Of course when SMU got the death penalty it killed this dream.

Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, Rice, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas State

If SMU was still good, Arkansas, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Oklahoma, and Nebraska would all be really solid teams. K-State has its moments as does Tech and Houston. Only Baylor and Rice would really be the pushovers.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          I'm against adding another team. I can't think of another school that has that Big Ten feeling. Notre Dame would be the best fit, but that won't happen. Adding a Big East team does not sit well with me at all. Plus you have to remember that it affects other sports as well. Western Michigan and Ohio? Ha, you must be joking. With out the possibility of ND my choice would be Nebraska, although they might not want to. Keep it the way it is. I do like the idea of kicking out Penn State though
          Yeah, I was thinking about the other sports factor too. I can't imagine seeing a Big East basketball team like Louisville, Cincy or WVU in the Big Ten. It would seem so awkward.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'd rather the Big Ten drop a team than add one. Putting a championship game in there would ruin it and totally destroy the OSU/UM game's relevance and importance. That game is pretty much the Big Ten championship game as it is every year.

Comment

Add Notre Dame

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                I hope Mizzou goes to the big 10. The big 12 then could pick up TCU or Houston who would probably be likely candidates.

Utah and BYU should be let into the Pac-10 so that they would have a championship game too.
                That would make sense for TCU to move into the Big 12. And for it ruining the Michigan vs Ohio st game they could be in the different sections, so then they would actually be playing for the championship most years

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

It would be pretty awesome. Notre Dame would make sense as they have some Big Ten rivalries, but they'd never do it. Missouri would be very cool. I know there was talk we could reach out to Boise, but it may be too far distance wise. I think that we should go after Pitt to rekindle their rivalry with PSU, or WVU to bring a supreme team to a supreme conference.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Don't think Missouri has the academics to qualify for the Big Ten.

Comment

They shouldnt be much different from Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, or Michigan St

Comment

Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota all have very good academics. You know not which you speak.

That actually is a good point though, every school in the Big Ten is either very strong at research or undergraduate (or both). The weakest (Michigan State and Ohio State) are still much much higher than a school like Missouri or West Virginia. That's another reason why Notre Dame would be the best possible fit.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

But that would require ND to lose money, so they won't do it. Maybe I'm a bit of a homer, but despite their recent poopyness, Pitt could fit in nicely. I doubt they'd do it though because they would have to separate from WVU.

Hmmm, Boise probably doesn't match up off the field or geographically, but still...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I wasnt saying they didnt have good academics, but similar. But i do know that Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa have very similar requirements for incoming students. I got accepted to all of the above and im nothing special. Thats what i was basing that off of
                            Last edited by jbeans187; 07-25-2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              But that would require ND to lose money, so they won't do it. Maybe I'm a bit of a homer, but despite their recent poopyness, Pitt could fit in nicely. I doubt they'd do it though because they would have to separate from WVU.

Hmmm, Boise probably doesn't match up off the field or geographically, but still...
                              Pitt could still play WVU in an OOC game though. It's a rivalry come on. Then again, their schedule would be something like Michigan, Ohio State, PSU, WVU, Wisconsin...Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                                I wasnt saying they didnt have good academics, but similar. But i do know that Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa have very similar requirements for incoming students. I got accepted to all of the above and im nothing special
                                Iowa will take in pretty much anyone out of state because the state is starved for young professionals and wants all of the extra tuition money it can get.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information