Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big 10 looking to add a new team???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
    I wasnt saying they didnt have good academics, but similar. But i do know that Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, and Iowa have very similar requirements for incoming students. I got accepted to all of the above and im nothing special
    Haha..nice to see you show some confidence. I don't know about acceptance rates, but all four are very large public universities (especially Minnesota) so obviously they aren't going to be on the level of a Northwestern. I do know that in terms of research Minnesota is a top 20 school, and Illinois and Iowa are top 30.

    Michigan State and Missouri are around 50th, and Michigan State is easily the weakest school academically in the Big Ten.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Haha..nice to see you show some confidence. I don't know about acceptance rates, but all four are very large public universities (especially Minnesota) so obviously they aren't going to be on the level of a Northwestern. I do know that in terms of research Minnesota is a top 20 school, and Illinois and Iowa are top 30.

      Michigan State and Missouri are around 50th, and Michigan State is easily the weakest school academically in the Big Ten.
      Only thing i can brag about is Mizzou's Journalism school is top notch, and the education program is one best in the midwest


      Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

      Comment


      • #33
        Western Kentucky just became I-A and are ind. right now, so Cen Mich could move to big 10, while west kentucky becomes a MAC school



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #34
          Are there any possible teams we are missing? What about Rutgers? Gets the NY/NJ market into the Big Ten...


          Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            Are there any possible teams we are missing? What about Rutgers? Gets the NY/NJ market into the Big Ten...
            too far from the main area IMO
            Northern Illinois?
            They might be in for a rough patch replacing Wolfe and OT Free



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #36
              I think the Big Ten would stand pat rather than take another team from a non-power conference and watch them end up like Northwestern, maybe have one good year, but be bottom of the barrel.


              Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

              Comment


              • #37
                what about iowa state?



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                  The Texas conference would be a modified SWC and would be rather weak unless TCU, Tech, and Houston could step it up.
                  A Texas Conference is a feasible -- though unlikely -- idea. Texas has 10 1-A (Bowl Division, whatever you want to call it) colleges:

                  UT
                  A & M
                  Tech
                  Baylor
                  TCU
                  Houston
                  Rice
                  UTEP
                  North Texas
                  Southern Methodist

                  I had to look it up to figure out what most teams are.

                  NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

                  Or @ least they had better be.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    just a few ideas:

                    Iowa State would make sense even though they suck at everything except wrestling

                    Kentucky? not very likely but geographically makes sense

                    Nebraska- this is my favorite, not very likely to leave Big 12, but would provide a huge football presence in Big 10 and would create a HUGE rivalry with Iowa, one because of geography and our schools are pretty similar in the fact that our football teams our the states' only "pro" athletic attractions

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                      Are there any possible teams we are missing? What about Rutgers? Gets the NY/NJ market into the Big Ten...
                      Never gonna happen. The NYC metro area is just getting into College Football big because of RU. Taking them out of the Big East which they ahve been in forever and moving them to the Big 10 would lose the interest of the people here in the area. Big East basketball is too important to them.

                      Geographically and for rivalry reasons, Iowa St. probably makes the most sense. Not sure how that school is academically. The Big 12 could then pull a number of teams to join the Big 12 as a replacement. TCU anyone?
                      Last edited by Jughead10; 07-26-2007, 12:22 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Never gonna happen. The NYC metro area is just getting into College Football big because of RU. Taking them out of the Big East which they ahve been in forever and moving them to the Big 10 would lose the interest of the people here in the area. Big East basketball is too important to them.
                        I think Rutgers is staying put but it would create a new rivalry between Penn State and Rutgers.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          what about iowa state?
                          Iowa State isn't a bad idea


                          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I think Rutgers is staying put but it would create a new rivalry between Penn State and Rutgers.
                            It's not needed. As you know it looks like they are trying to build one with Notre Dame.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              not to mention that the Big 10 is and has always traditionally been a midwest conference...so there's prolly a less than 1% chance of it adding an eastern/western team that isn't even remotely close to the others...I mean look at when they added PSU, which is considered an "eastern" team, a lot of fans and schools went apeshit because they didn't really want to add them

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                It's not needed. As you know it looks like they are trying to build one with Notre Dame.
                                Yes you are very right with Notre Dame getting most of the home games. Apparently ND is trying to set up a game in Florida as well to start recruiting there.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information