Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thorpe Award Watch List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thorpe Award Watch List

    http://mgoblue.com/document_display....ument_id=25043

    Really stunned not to see Jack Ikegwuonu on the list.

  • #2
    Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    http://mgoblue.com/document_display....ument_id=25043

    Really stunned not to see Jack Ikegwuonu on the list.
    Thats a pretty big list too



    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      Either a misprint or......I don't know. That's the only choice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
        Either a misprint or......I don't know. That's the only choice.
        Obviously it doesn't mean that he doesn't have a shot to win it. But to shun a guy who's arguably the Big 10's best corner along with Jenkins and King is a little out there.

        Comment


        • #5
          I hope Kenny Phillips wins. That guy is amazing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by America View Post
            I hope Kenny Phillips wins. That guy is amazing.
            He's definitely one of the front-runners, probably the top guy. If Tom Zbikowski wins I may go on a killing spree. He's atrocious in coverage and is essentially a undersized linebacker.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              He's definitely one of the front-runners, probably the top guy. If Tom Zbikowski wins I may go on a killing spree. He's atrocious in coverage and is essentially a undersized linebacker.
              agree (except for the killing spree part)

              I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                He's definitely one of the front-runners, probably the top guy. If Tom Zbikowski wins I may go on a killing spree. He's atrocious in coverage and is essentially a undersized linebacker.
                What if he improves and gets like a dozen INT's?



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  What if he improves and gets like a dozen INT's?
                  Yeah, only if he moves back to quarterback...

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                    What if he improves and gets like a dozen INT's?
                    Then I may restrict my killing spree :) He's certainly going to have a lot of chances at a dozen INTs by helping over the top since Notre Dame's corners are weak.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      He's definitely one of the front-runners, probably the top guy. If Tom Zbikowski wins I may go on a killing spree. He's atrocious in coverage and is essentially a undersized linebacker.
                      Haha, I think you're a raging **** but that was as funny as it gets. NO chance he wins, ND is going to be lucky to get to 7-5 this year. I think Kenny probably wins. Justin won't get many picks, I doubt Jenkins will either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                        Haha, I think you're a raging **** but that was as funny as it gets. NO chance he wins, ND is going to be lucky to get to 7-5 this year. I think Kenny probably wins. Justin won't get many picks, I doubt Jenkins will either.
                        All because I said King was the #3 corner in the Big 10? Good to see you don't take online stuff too personally. King will get 1-2 picks probably because a lot of teams won't throw his way because odds are he'll have his man blanketed well. That and he doesn't have great ball skills. Jenkins and Ikegwuonu are more of a threat as far as ball skills go, but may not have the coverage ability as King. But they are better all-around in terms of coverage and ball skills.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                          http://mgoblue.com/document_display....ument_id=25043

                          Really stunned not to see Jack Ikegwuonu on the list.
                          I don't think he has much of a chance to win it, but for him to not even be on the list is ********.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            All because I said King was the #3 corner in the Big 10? Good to see you don't take online stuff too personally. King will get 1-2 picks probably because a lot of teams won't throw his way because odds are he'll have his man blanketed well. That and he doesn't have great ball skills. Jenkins and Ikegwuonu are more of a threat as far as ball skills go, but may not have the coverage ability as King. But they are better all-around in terms of coverage and ball skills.
                            You didn't say the #3 CB in the Big 10, that wouldn't have annoyed me at all. It's wrong and that's you're opinion so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Talking about ball skills just killed your reasoning. He played WR as a freshman and made some sick plays. You made him sound like a solid starter rather than a 1st round DP, that's what annoyed me.

                            I honestly would put the max bet on him being the first CB taken in whatever year he goes if I could get 8-1 or so.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                              You didn't say the #3 CB in the Big 10, that wouldn't have annoyed me at all. It's wrong and that's you're opinion so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Talking about ball skills just killed your reasoning. He played WR as a freshman and made some sick plays. You made him sound like a solid starter rather than a 1st round DP, that's what annoyed me.

                              I honestly would put the max bet on him being the first CB taken in whatever year he goes if I could get 8-1 or so.
                              I have said numerous times he's the #3 CB in the Big 10, thougb I'll admit I'm really starting to warm up to him more and more. As a corner, he does not have great ball skills. Corners with great ball skills intercept more than one pass per year, receiver experience or not. He was used on a lot of end arounds and stuff like that. That's far different than real receiver routes. I have King slated to go late first round right now for next season. That being said, I assume he will be a all-big 10 first team this year and propel his stock much further. If he stays for his senior year he's a lock to be a top 10.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information