Clear All

Appropriate spot for VaTech..
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
      USC only has 1 BCS championship not 2
      You're right. That game against LSU was never played for some odd reason...

Comment

I get so utterly tired of the 'USC has 2 national championships' BullSh*t. They have Exactly ONE championship. LSU whipped OU, who before the KState game knew that no matter what the outcome they were going to the national title game so they tanked it, get over it. Prior to that game many people were saying OU was the best team EVER to play college football. LSU manhandled them the whole game.

LSU would have destroyed USC, OU would have destroyed them. USC's defense that year wasn't even ranked in the top 25!!! USC was a benefactor of a pushover schedule (hence the reason their strength of schedule is what kept them out of title contention at the end).

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
          I get so utterly tired of the 'USC has 2 national championships' BullSh*t. They have Exactly ONE championship. LSU whipped OU, who before the KState game knew that no matter what the outcome they were going to the national title game so they tanked it, get over it. Prior to that game many people were saying OU was the best team EVER to play college football. LSU manhandled them the whole game.

LSU would have destroyed USC, OU would have destroyed them. USC's defense that year wasn't even ranked in the top 25!!! USC was a benefactor of a pushover schedule (hence the reason their strength of schedule is what kept them out of title contention at the end).
          Wow. I wouldn't expect such a ridiculous post from such an intelligent guy. LSU would have destroyed SC? Ok. So why do we even play the games then? Let's just look at the spreads and declare the favorite as the winner. And I'm not so sure LSU would have been favored anyway. There were a ton of people who felt that SC was the best team in the country that year. It would be ridiculous for me to sit here and say either team "would have destroyed" the other. I just wanted to see the 2 best teams battle it out. We've missed out on that far too many times throughout CFB history. LSU was beastly as hell, and so was SC. I don't think either team would have "destroyed" the other. I think it would have been a great game.

Comment

*yawn* People are complaining about ND being all but an afterthought on a useless list. All lists like this are a joke.

Comment

I had no idea boise state has been doing that good.... wow eye opening

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                *yawn* People are complaining about ND being all but an afterthought on a useless list. All lists like this are a joke.
                Yeah, I agree. Much like ND's bowl record going back to '95. Actually, the list isn't terrible other than the fact that they felt the need to squeeze the Irish in there.

Comment

FSU should be ahead of OSU.More conference titles more bowl games.
                  "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    1997 - 6-5
                    1998 - 8-5
                    1999 - 6-6
                    2000 - 5-7
                    2001 - 6-6

Wanna guess which team had those records?
                    Well since no one wants to respond, that is the record for USC before they began their dominance. That's 4 seasons of 6 wins or less. Anyone know how many Miami had? 1, and that was in 1997. So how is Miami not consistent?

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Pretty good list, I'm suprised ESPN didn't make a really sorry one.
                      It's funny that next to Notre Dame it says "0".
                      And also you could probably argue Miami or Ohio State instead of USC (whose 2 nat'l titles were won, one of them playing Michigan and not in the BCS NC game, and the other against Oklahoma when they should've played Auburn. Really they have 1.5, but college is a mythical NC anyways, oh well).
                      Last edited by keylime_5; 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Wow on the USC seasons with low wins. So what is their winning &#37; since the 2001 season ended??
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post

Yawn more LSU fans crying about USC. Stunning. Get over it man. USC had a nasty team, a team who had the majority of their players return the next season and throttle Oklahoma. You only beat OU by a touchdown, calm the hell down. No one would have destroyed USC, unless we go by your previous assessment that winning by one touchdown is manhandling a team. USC's team was sick and it would have been a great game with LSU. You guys split a national title, get over it. You got the crystal ball, they got the people's vote. So 1.5 NC it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Wow on the USC seasons with low wins. So what is their winning % since the 2001 season ended??
                            .907, which is absolutely ridiculous. The best team of the last 5 years is no debate, last 10 years though, different story. But it doesn't really matter because the way that list was done was pretty much the last 5 years and more of now than in the past.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                              Wow. I wouldn't expect such a ridiculous post from such an intelligent guy. LSU would have destroyed SC? Ok. So why do we even play the games then? Let's just look at the spreads and declare the favorite as the winner. And I'm not so sure LSU would have been favored anyway. There were a ton of people who felt that SC was the best team in the country that year. It would be ridiculous for me to sit here and say either team "would have destroyed" the other. I just wanted to see the 2 best teams battle it out. We've missed out on that far too many times throughout CFB history. LSU was beastly as hell, and so was SC. I don't think either team would have "destroyed" the other. I think it would have been a great game.
                              Here's the reason I hold this opinion.

The Pac-10 is a an offense first, defense second league. It's all flash. It's all about the WR, QB, and RB in that league. Until the Pac-10 pushes towards a defensive style of football it won't be a premier league. The stats are there for their own games but when it comes down to Bowl Appearances against SEC, ACC or even to some extent Big-12 teams they won't win consistantly.

I have held the opinion that the ACC is underrated, the Big 10 is overrated and the Pac-10 is generally way overrated.

I do think that SC would have been destroyed by either OU or LSU that year. During the following year SC played a much better defense game and were a more well rounded team.

As to Sniper. LSU won the game by one touchdown. However, if you had watched the game or even looked at the stat lines you'd realize that LSU dominated in every fashion of the game and during the 4th quarter, while leading, 21-7 they played extremely conservatively. OU scored toward the end of the game in a meaningless "thank god I don't bet on the spreads" garbage touchdown. Anyone who ever points to a score to say it was close without having watched the game should rethink their 'expert eyes' label.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

LSU definitely dominated the entire game, completely owning Jason White, but it still wasn't a ridiculous game where you can say LSU definitely would have blown out USC. They dominated OU and won by a touchdown, I don't see how they would have blown out USC.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information