ESPN's Top 25 teams of the Past Decade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Top 25 teams of the Past Decade

With college football season almost upon us, ESPN has decided to rank every D1-A team in the past decade. I personally agree with USC being the number 1 team on the list, but I think Notre Dame is too high at 23. If a team is going to be on the list for best in the past decade, it has to beat the best and they are 0-7 in bowl games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Good to see the Badgers at a tie for 13th

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If you asked me this 5 years ago Miami would be the clearcut #1. How things change. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
        If you asked me this 5 years ago Miami would be the clearcut #1. How things change. :(
        It's kinda funny that only 3 of the 7 teams in front of Miami have a better
        winning %, and none have as good of a bowl record. They're also a play away from having the most NC. Even with their recent struggled I don't see why they're at 8.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          It's kinda funny that only 3 of the 7 teams in front of Miami have a better
          winning %, and none have as good of a bowl record. They're also a play away from having the most NC. Even with their recent struggled I don't see why they're at 8.
          Well they did go downhill pretty fast. That said, they had arguably the best team to ever play NCAA football.

Comment

FSU and Miami got the shaft in this, but it's typical to clown on the ACC. The thing I noticed they didn't take into account is the # of pros put out in the first round or otherwise.

Also, this isn't who's NOW, that's the problem with this list that I see, it reflects what have you done for me lately and the more current years are weighted more than the years at the beginning of the decade. Just because USC has come on strong now, and is incredible, they still have 1.5 National Titles and in a weaker conference have less conf titles than FSU too...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
              FSU and Miami got the shaft in this, but it's typical to clown on the ACC. The thing I noticed they didn't take into account is the # of pros put out in the first round or otherwise.

Also, this isn't who's NOW, that's the problem with this list that I see, it reflects what have you done for me lately and the more current years are weighted more than the years at the beginning of the decade. Just because USC has come on strong now, and is incredible, they still have 1.5 National Titles and in a weaker conference have less conf titles than FSU too...
              And you can make the exact opposite comparison for Miami and Florida St. What have they done recently. The fact of the matter is that five years ago, those two teams could be number one and number two and I wouldn't mind, but it isn't. In the past five years, USC has done much more than FSU and Miami did at the beginning of the decade to merit the number one spot. With that being said, I still believe that Miami has had some of the best teams in the past decade and should be #2 or #3, but USC is the team of the decade.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                And you can make the exact opposite comparison for Miami and Florida St. What have they done recently. The fact of the matter is that five years ago, those two teams could be number one and number two and I wouldn't mind, but it isn't. In the past five years, USC has done much more than FSU and Miami did at the beginning of the decade to merit the number one spot. With that being said, I still believe that Miami has had some of the best teams in the past decade and should be #2 or #3, but USC is the team of the decade.
                Miami had perhaps the best team in college football history. I think that warrants some consideration in this debate.

Comment

I don't think ND deserves to be on there.... they haven't won a bowl game....

Comment

To all of you guys.... FSU and Miami did not get shafted. They are right where they belong. Yes they were great but in the past years they have fallen some what though they are on the rise. They had their moments but have not been the most consistent team.

Texas is ranked too high I think. They lost to OU for so many years in a row....and they even choked this year and again didn't win the Big 12 when they should have.

Comment

i am personally pretty happy with number two. also the SEC and Big 10 both have five teams, tied for the most.

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                        To all of you guys.... FSU and Miami did not get shafted. They are right where they belong. Yes they were great but in the past years they have fallen some what though they are on the rise. They had their moments but have not been the most consistent team.
                        1997 - 6-5
                        1998 - 8-5
                        1999 - 6-6
                        2000 - 5-7
                        2001 - 6-6

Wanna guess which team had those records?

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=11432
                          Already posted

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I would love to have seen the 2002 Carson Palmer led Trojans play the Canes instead of OSU.

Not saying they would have won, but by the end of that season USC could have played and beaten anyone that year. Plus they still had Norm Chow.

Comment

USC only has 1 BCS championship not 2

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information