Is james Lauranitis overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brownsfan
    His publicity is overrated, not his play on the field. media attention and football skills are 2 different comparisions.
    I just mean like people making preemptive decisions that he must be great, just because of who his father is. Its the media's game, nothing new.

Comment

I just mean like people making preemptive decisions that he must be great, just because of who his father is
      why would people compare a football players skill, to their father who was a wrestler and insinuating greatness at the same time? stupid (not you, the media)

He got publicity because he is great on the field, then the media took it out of hand because people would appreciate his father aswell.

Comment

David Harris
        J Leman
        Dan Connor
        Paul Posluszny
        Mark Zalewski

Are all just as good if not better than Laurinaitis.

Comment

David Harris
          J Leman
          Dan Connor
          Paul Posluszny
          Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

Not only are these guys mostly older than JL, but didnt effect there team like he did either.

Zalewski better? you completely lost this one!

Let the awards speak for themselves...

Comment

I vote yes. He will have a much harder time without pitcock and patterson blocking for him. He is the 3rd best player on that defense. Behind Jenkins and Gholston.

Comment

David Harris
              J Leman
              Dan Connor
              Paul Posluszny
              Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

Not only are these guys mostly older than JL, but didnt effect there team like he did either.

Please tell me how JL effected tOSU? They played 2 games this season he could of made a difference in... Michigan he was not to be found and Texas he played terrible, but you will disagree and just look at the stats. I guess he didn't help much vs Florida either.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
                David Harris
                J Leman
                Dan Connor
                Paul Posluszny
                Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

Please tell me how JL effected tOSU? They played 2 games this season he could of made a difference in... Michigan he was not to be found and Texas he played terrible, but you will disagree and just look at the stats. I guess he didn't help much vs Florida either.
                hold up. brownsfan is being a biased moron, but why are there only 2 games he could have made a difference in?

Comment

Originally posted by JCarver27
                  Originally posted by snuff
                  David Harris
                  J Leman
                  Dan Connor
                  Paul Posluszny
                  Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

hold up. brownsfan is being a biased moron, but why are there only 2 games he could have made a difference in?
                  Because Troy Smith lead the offense to complete domination in the rest pretty much.

I guess you could throw in Illinois and PSU if you want.

Comment

And Poz/harris didnt have key off games? exactly....

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                      He is overrated, but he's still a damn good football player. I'd take him on my team any day.
                      i agree with this, i remember someone on here comparing him to Urlacher which is just insane. Lets see what he does this year before anyone starts calling him the next Urlacher, or Hawk, or anyone on that level.

Comment

or Hawk, or anyone on that level
                        hes allready considered a top 5 LB in college football. And hes done exactly what Hawk did at this point in their careers.

hawk and JL are exact players at this point. Size, speed, hands, etc...all match up.

Comment

And Poz/harris didnt have key off games? exactly....
                          I never said they didn't... Your the one saying that its a big deal. How they effected their team!!!!!!! I don't really care what they did for their team, I am talking about their ability to make shed block, make tackle, and read plays.

I never said Poz/Harris were better than JL either. I said as good if not better, although now that you bring it up I would say Harris was the best LB in the Big-10.

Comment

When your underrated Like harris, then get publicity, you become overrated. JL allready passed this stage in his carrer as a sophmore. harris finally reached it as a senior who is 3 years older!

Comment

or Hawk, or anyone on that level
                              hes allready considered a top 5 LB in college football. And hes done exactly what Hawk did at this point in their careers.

hawk and JL are exact players at this point. Size, speed, hands, etc...all match up.
                              ok well don't talk about him like he has accomplished what Hawk has, that is what makes him overrated, he still has ways to go. Please do not turn this guy into a Clausen, or Juice Williams. Maybe after this year we can mention him in the same breath.

Comment

Yeah getting press early in your career means your going to be amazing.... Like Anthony Reddick, Willie Williams, Reggie McNeal, Gabe Watson, Pierre Woods, 30 different USC Rbs, Charles Gordon,Mike D'Andre and the 10000 other players that get overrated because they have a decent sophomore year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information