No announcement yet.

Is james Lauranitis overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok well don't talk about him like he has accomplished what Hawk has, that is what makes him overrated, he still has ways to go. Please do not turn this guy into a Clausen, or Juice Williams. Maybe after this year we can mention him in the same breath.
    Read what i wrote, I said after there sophmore years they have basically been the same person. After Hawks junior year is when he was great, not soph.

Comment

Mike D'Andre and the 10000 other players that get overrated because they have a decent sophomore year.
      Mike D'Andrea never played his sophmore year, and was hurt his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan
        ok well don't talk about him like he has accomplished what Hawk has, that is what makes him overrated, he still has ways to go. Please do not turn this guy into a Clausen, or Juice Williams. Maybe after this year we can mention him in the same breath.
        Read what i wrote, I said after there sophmore years they have basically been the same person. After Hawks junior year is when he was great, not soph.
        Ok, what is your point? Ok, hes pretty good as a sophomore... Does that mean he is going to get better? Nope. I wish it worked that way, because then Michigan's safeties would have actually done something last year, and Morgan Trent might actually be able to cover someone this year.

Comment

I think now your just incorporating whatever into the arguement.

Comment

He was a true sophomore and in his first year of starting, and had 100+ tackles/6 ints/5 sacks I think were his stats. He tied Spielman's big ten INT record for a LB I know that. He pretty much dominated at Texas and Penn State and a couple other games. He's no AJ Hawk, but he's really good.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
              Ok, what is your point? Ok, hes pretty good as a sophomore... Does that mean he is going to get better? Nope. I wish it worked that way, because then Michigan's safeties would have actually done something last year, and Morgan Trent might actually be able to cover someone this year.
              ok now maybe snuff explained why its insane to compare him to Hawk better, lets just compare him to some other guy who had a great sophmore season then fell off the map. Thats pretty much the same... ITs one thing to give a player comparison in terms of athletic ability, but the way you want to compare him to Hawk is what makes him overrated. Physically maybe they are comparable, but as players...not yet.

Comment

And Alvin Bowen had 155 tackles.... Stop bringing stats into the argument... They are irrelevant.

He wasn't very good against Texas either. He got beat around the corner several times and was blown off the ball and taken out of the play quite a few more. Many of Texas' 10 yard runs where because of him.

Unfortunately you will just point to his Interception where the ball was a terrible throw right to him.

Comment

Snuffs a moron for saying JL is overated, I think that sums up this topic.

you want to compare him to Hawk is what makes him overrated. Physically maybe they are comparable, but as players...not yet.
                  i never comapred JL now, to the current AJ hawk. i compared Hawks sophmore season TO JL's SOPHMORE SEASON FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Comment

And Alvin Bowen had 155 tackles
                    And he did it against great competition right? geshhhhh

Comment

He got beat around the corner several times
                      Um Ray Lewis gets beat at least 3 plus times a game also, but is he also overrated?

Urlacher got beat consistently at the end of the super bowl, is he oevrrated? he played well the first half, the 2nd he was nowhere. And all those runs at the end of the game WERE MOSTLY UP THE MIDDLE!

Comment

Snuffs a moron for saying JL is overated, I think that sums up this topic.

you want to compare him to Hawk is what makes him overrated. Physically maybe they are comparable, but as players...not yet.
                        i never comapred JL now, to the current AJ hawk. i compared Hawks sophmore season TO JL's SOPHMORE SEASON FOR THE LAST TIME!!!
                        ok well then is it fine to compare him to a linebacker who had a good soph season then never did anything again?? Nobody is saying he is bad, just a bit overrated.

Do you see me comparing Chad Henne to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning because Chad Henne had a better sophmore season?

Comment

Do you see me comparing Chad Henne to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning because Chad Henne had a better sophmore season?
                          No, but if you did its alot more understandable!

patrick Willis got ran over 2 times i nthe senior bowl, and if you watch when hes in the game he even got beat, is he overrated also?

Comment

No, but if you did its alot more understandable!

patrick Willis got ran over 2 times i nthe senior bowl, and if you watch when hes in the game he even got beat, is he overrated also?
                            is anyone comparing Patrick Willis to AJ Hawk or Ray Lewis?

btw Willis has actually played a full college career already.

Comment

And Willis is extremely overrated by most people, but that's besides the fact.

Comment

Everyone agrees that Lauranitis is overrated by the media, but they dont overrate his playing skills, they overrate his publicity due to his dad, theres a difference.

Everyplayer is overrated to an extent.

Brady Quinn is considered overrated, so is just about every prospect.

Carriker was underated, but come draft time he will most likely becomeoverrated and drop back down a tinge.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information