No announcement yet.

Is james Lauranitis overrated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hada comparison that he reminds me of Urlacher mized with Bruschi and could be better than both. I was being a homer and sarcastic. I think he is awesome, I think if he spends another year in college or two that he could be an ELITE LB in the NFL.

And being ONLY a Sophmore I think he was over rated by the media saying he is God's gift to linebacking. But to say he is not a stud is idiotic.

HE started off really hot in the first few games with 4 ints, a couple of pass deflections. Ended the year with 5 INTs, I think he matches this years total.

He averaged approx 10 total tackles a game, had some great sticks in the Penn St., and Michigan games. People have said that he gets pushed around and can't fend off blocks, I beg to differe. He was double teamed down field alot, and was all over the field from sideline to side line.

He stepped up in the big games. In the national championship game, he might have been one of the FEW highlights and positives for the team that was left in shambles. 5 solo tackles, 10 assisted, 15 total. Was all over the field.

He is 6'3, 250 give or take a few LBS, I heard he has dedicated much ofthe offseason not only in the weight rooom, but in the film room.

What are his stats speed wise, in the 40, and 100?

If he runs around a 4.60-4.70, I'd say he maybe better as an ILB in a 3-4 because he is only getting stronger and will learn to shed the beasts in the Big 10 at guard and tackle.

I think he can be a top 10 pick next year. Definatly a first rounder.

Maybe I'm just a Buckeyes fan, i Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan
      OSU has a great history of LB's and when they get this kind of recognition, weather you like it or not, its usually merited.
      I agree, but he also has the game to back it up. He palyed well against Michigan and struggled against the quicker players of Florida but he has the heart and determination and will only improve. Once he enters the draft, either this next year or the following year, he will be a top 10 and be about aas much of a lock as AJ Hawk was coming out of college. I'm not saying he will definitely be at Hawk's level, but you know you'll be getting a player that will get the job done every Sunday for a long time to come.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Why are you so intent on saying "Player X is better as a sophomore than Player Y is." Who cares? Harris, Puz, etc. those guys ARENT SOPHOMORES. SNUFF DIDNT SAY LAURINAITIS DIDNT HAVE A GOOD SOPHOMORE YEAR. If you're comparing players at certain points in their careers, that's a different argument altogether. The argument is RIGHT NOW, who is better?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

not at all, he wasn't getting much pub before the season. Other guys who had alot more pub (like Poz) didn't play nearly as well as Laurinitis last year. Strictly last year, he was the best LB in the Big 10.

Comment

So brownstown 9-5. Interesting results I must say.

Comment

I'd take Harris, Poz, Connor, and J Leman (maybe) over him. He is a fantastic player for a sophomore, but he is a bit over hyped.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

I didn't see much of him since I don't follow Big 10 much. I remember he picked off Colt McCoy in the Texas game. He seemed like a really good player, and was around the ball a lot. Plus, he's got one of the coolest names out there, so that pretty much instantly makes him awesome. Seriously though, he probably can get into the late 1st round because he's a good commander in the middle and he's got pretty good size, especially as a sophmore. Some random comparisons off the top of my head are Dat Ngyuen and Gerrald Hayes. Hayes isn't so good. I can't really think of one right now. Maybe Matt Wilhelm but more athletic. Anyways, he's a pretty good player, probably a solid #2 in the Big 10 and should contend for the best LB next year.

Comment

JL is overrated. I would take Harris, J Leman, Poz and Connor over JL. He is good in coverage, with the obvious knack for the interception, and he is a good blitzer. However, he shows marginal instincts in the run game when it comes to shedding blocks and making the tackle.

He reminds me of Bobby Carpenter before he became a situational passrusher in his senior year, but Carpenter never got the same kind of recognition that JL is getting.

Comment

The poll question is worded badly. Obviously he is a good player, but I still feel he is overrated because of the team he is on and who his father was.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker
                      The poll question is worded badly. Obviously he is a good player, but I still feel he is overrated because of the team he is on and who his father was.
                      It's worded so the guy who made the thread got more votes, but it didn't work.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

JL is a good player but he is over rated an last season Poz, Connor, harris were all better players then him now this season i expect him 2 b the second best LB in the big10, an as for the Hawk comparison i don\'t see it, JL is bigger an isn\'t nearly as explosive as hawk was

Comment

hah

lol....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Re: Is james Lauranitis overrated?

3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
                            I remember all the talk of Derrick Johnson not being able to shed blocks and how he would be a bust in the NFL. How did that work out?
                            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by swagger
                              3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
                              I remember all the talk of Derrick Johnson not being able to shed blocks and how he would be a bust in the NFL. How did that work out?
                              Oh thanks for reminding me that we were in the NFL thread.... Not to mention that doesn't make him not overrated...

Comment

Originally posted by \"swagger\"
                                3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn\'t shed a single block this whole season.
                                Dj has done nothin spectacular in the NFL and gets manhandled in the run game, also laurinitis does not have DJ\'s athleticism

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information