Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dayne Crist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
    What makes you think Crist is anything more than backup material? His film isn't that impressive...
    LOL, but John Weinke's was right? I guess all the offers from schools like LSU, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, and yes even Michigan don't mean anything right?
    Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

    Comment


    • #17
      Jimmy Clausen will be a bust mark it down!! On August 8th at 1:42 PM I said he will be a bust, He's going to be another over hyped qb that goes to stupid ND.

      I was watching a video on rivals, and they said Crist has more of a upside then Jimmy Clausen, but it is dumb why would Crist go somewhere he may not play till his junior or senior season, he could have easily gone to any other D-1 school and start pretty much anywhere his freshman year.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Burdmanindaclub View Post
        Jimmy Clausen will be a bust mark it down!! On August 8th at 1:42 PM I said he will be a bust, He's going to be another over hyped qb that goes to stupid ND.

        I was watching a video on rivals, and they said Crist has more of a upside then Jimmy Clausen, but it is dumb why would Crist go somewhere he may not play till his junior or senior season, he could have easily gone to any other D-1 school and start pretty much anywhere his freshman year.
        Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people wanting Clausen to bust just out of spite, living up to the hype will be difficult but hes a hard worker and a student of the game, I think he has a very good chance to be a special player.

        As for Crist, I agree hes a stud but throwing him in to the fire as a freshmen is a bad idea. There have been countless stud QB's coming out of HS that people thought could start right away like Kyle Wright, Xavier Lee, Anthony Morelli, Ryan Perollieux, ect. Its better for him to learn for a year or two IMO.
        Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Kyle Wright might even lose his starting job as well as Anthony Morelli if he dosent shape up cause hes got pat devlin waiting and it all depends on pats development we'll see what happens, i think Christ has a chance cause i personally think Demetrius is gonna win the job hes the kind of qb weis never had someone who can actually move

          Comment


          • #20
            Could it be that Crist, like all those LBs and RBs that go to USC, wants to prove himself against the best? Yes, he could have went somewhere else and been a starter instantly, but what challenge is that?

            Hate Clausen all you want, but he was the #1 QB recruit last year, and put up sick stats his senior year with bone spurs in his throwing arm. Jones was an Army All-American. Sharpley was Michigan's Gatorade POY.

            Yet Crist thinks he could step in there and be the starter in short order. Kid's got sack, and I'm glad he's gonna be Irish.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
              LOL, but John Weinke's was right? I guess all the offers from schools like LSU, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, and yes even Michigan don't mean anything right?
              Weinke is good too, rated one of the most accurate QBs this year but we're not blowing him left and right.

              Crist is a very good QB who I think will end up beating out/up Clausen. I think he's got a strong arm, moves around fairly well and can put the ball in tight spots. Doesn't seem to be as much as a ***** as Clausen is.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JayP View Post
                Could it be that Crist, like all those LBs and RBs that go to USC, wants to prove himself against the best? Yes, he could have went somewhere else and been a starter instantly, but what challenge is that?

                Hate Clausen all you want, but he was the #1 QB recruit last year, and put up sick stats his senior year with bone spurs in his throwing arm. Jones was an Army All-American. Sharpley was Michigan's Gatorade POY.

                Yet Crist thinks he could step in there and be the starter in short order. Kid's got sack, and I'm glad he's gonna be Irish.
                Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait...The best? He would have gone to SC to match up with the best QBs. Sanchez is a former Parade HS POY and Mustain was the #1 QB in his class. Isn't Aaron Corp, another highly touted QB headed there too?

                Clausen, for the last time, had sick stats because he played weak competition and was adept at putting the ball in Marc Tyler's gut. Always helps when you have 10 D-1 players on your team playing a bunch of nobodies.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Clausen didnt go to SC cause he was terrified of competition i give credit to christ... clausen thought he had the job at ND all locked up since Brady Quinn is graduating well clausens got another thing coming

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                    Clausen didnt go to SC cause he was terrified of competition i give credit to christ... clausen thought he had the job at ND all locked up since Brady Quinn is graduating well clausens got another thing coming
                    Don't you know Clausen is getting 4 Heismans and 4 NCs?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait...The best? He would have gone to SC to match up with the best QBs. Sanchez is a former Parade HS POY and Mustain was the #1 QB in his class. Isn't Aaron Corp, another highly touted QB headed there too?

                      Clausen, for the last time, had sick stats because he played weak competition and was adept at putting the ball in Marc Tyler's gut. Always helps when you have 10 D-1 players on your team playing a bunch of nobodies.
                      According to your logic, Tyler's as bad as Clausen, since he played against the same weak competition, and also had 10 D-1 players against the same bunch of nobodies...well, at least until he broke his leg that is.

                      Sanchez is a headcase waiting to implode. Mustain has serious mommy-attachment issues, and also was on a HS team with 4 D-1 prospects on the offensive side of the ball. If his mom imploded because he had to hand off to a freakin' Heisman Trophy candidate RB, what is she gonna do when he's second fiddle to the other talent at USC? And Corp was a 2 star until he pledged to USC, then he miraculously leaped up to a 4 star...even won California POY because the sportswriters were pissed that Jimmy spurned USC. Sad thing is, the kid obviously has a vote of no confidence from Carroll, considering Petey was still chasing Clausen up until the last minute then turned around and promised Crist he'd start ahead of Corp. Plus, most USC fans I know are banking on Matt Barkley to sign in '09 and take over as a 3-4 year starter.

                      USC's QB depth is good in name only. It'll be interesting to see how their QBs do under 100% Sarkesian tutoring and no remnants of Norm Chow training.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by JayP View Post
                        According to your logic, Tyler's as bad as Clausen, since he played against the same weak competition, and also had 10 D-1 players against the same bunch of nobodies...well, at least until he broke his leg that is.

                        Sanchez is a headcase waiting to implode. Mustain has serious mommy-attachment issues, and also was on a HS team with 4 D-1 prospects on the offensive side of the ball. If his mom imploded because he had to hand off to a freakin' Heisman Trophy candidate RB, what is she gonna do when he's second fiddle to the other talent at USC? And Corp was a 2 star until he pledged to USC, then he miraculously leaped up to a 4 star...even won California POY because the sportswriters were pissed that Jimmy spurned USC. Sad thing is, the kid obviously has a vote of no confidence from Carroll, considering Petey was still chasing Clausen up until the last minute then turned around and promised Crist he'd start ahead of Corp. Plus, most USC fans I know are banking on Matt Barkley to sign in '09 and take over as a 3-4 year starter.

                        USC's QB depth is good in name only. It'll be interesting to see how their QBs do under 100% Sarkesian tutoring and no remnants of Norm Chow training.

                        Tyler is better than Clausen. Tyler is big, fast, powerful, not a *****. Hence I like him.

                        Sanchez and Mustain, like them or not, are both excellent QB prospects. Excellent running game or not, Mustain still went 8-0 in the SEC. You do know usually when you're ranked a 2 star it means they haven't seen much of your film? Like Carroll needs to be recruiting 2 star QBs, give me a ******* break.

                        Carroll always recruits until the end, it's how he's assembled the team he has and all those great running backs. RoJo was a Michigan lock for a while it seemed. Carroll kept recruiting, now we're discussing what kind of impact Rojo will have as a freshman for the Trojans. Joe McKnight was supposed to be an LSU Tiger or go to Ole Miss

                        Crist is nasty good. He'll be the guy at QB IMO.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                          Tyler is better than Clausen. Tyler is big, fast, powerful, not a *****. Hence I like him.

                          Sanchez and Mustain, like them or not, are both excellent QB prospects. Excellent running game or not, Mustain still went 8-0 in the SEC. You do know usually when you're ranked a 2 star it means they haven't seen much of your film? Like Carroll needs to be recruiting 2 star QBs, give me a ******* break.

                          Carroll always recruits until the end, it's how he's assembled the team he has and all those great running backs. RoJo was a Michigan lock for a while it seemed. Carroll kept recruiting, now we're discussing what kind of impact Rojo will have as a freshman for the Trojans. Joe McKnight was supposed to be an LSU Tiger or go to Ole Miss

                          Crist is nasty good. He'll be the guy at QB IMO.
                          So lemme get you logic straight....Clausen benefitted from having Tyler (despite the fact he was still putting up numbers after Tyler was lost for the year), but Mustain's 8 SEC wins can't be attributed to the fact that Darren McFadden is a stud and Felix Jones is no slouch? Contradict yourself much?

                          Right....Carroll never gets desperate and recruits low level QBs or goes to second and 3rd options...well, except for Samson Szakacsy. A 3 star QB who pledged to USC? The horrors!

                          I may have been off on Corp's ranking, but I know it did go up when he pledged. Miraculously enough, Corp and Szakacsy both pledged to USC right after Clausen and Mike Paulus both spurned USC.

                          And depending on who gets the starting QB job this year, both Crist and Clausen may be riding the pine. If Sharpley wins the derby, the job is up for grabs in 2 years. If Jones wins it, it could be a long wait for both.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by JayP View Post
                            So lemme get you logic straight....Clausen benefitted from having Tyler (despite the fact he was still putting up numbers after Tyler was lost for the year), but Mustain's 8 SEC wins can't be attributed to the fact that Darren McFadden is a stud and Felix Jones is no slouch? Contradict yourself much?

                            Right....Carroll never gets desperate and recruits low level QBs or goes to second and 3rd options...well, except for Samson Szakacsy. A 3 star QB who pledged to USC? The horrors!

                            I may have been off on Corp's ranking, but I know it did go up when he pledged. Miraculously enough, Corp and Szakacsy both pledged to USC right after Clausen and Mike Paulus both spurned USC.

                            And depending on who gets the starting QB job this year, both Crist and Clausen may be riding the pine. If Sharpley wins the derby, the job is up for grabs in 2 years. If Jones wins it, it could be a long wait for both.
                            Perhaps reading is not your strong suit. "Excellent running game or not, Mustain went 8-0". Obviously I don't think Clausen didn't play a big role in them winning games, but some people are going a little over the top. The 'Michael Jordan of HS Football"? A wee bit of a stretch I'd say.

                            You're gonna like this one. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=48745&sport=1 Now my eyes may be deceiving me, but I do believe that says Arizona State (signed LOI) under his profile, but that could just be me. Let's look at SC's QB signees since 2002 shall we?

                            2002: John David Booty, NR (Because he left HS early) I'm assuming he's a 4-5 guy coming out of HS
                            2003: Rocky Hinds, 4 star
                            2005: Mark Sanchez, 5 star
                            2006: Garrett Green, 3 star
                            2007: Aaron Corp, 4 star

                            So Pete's gotten one 3 star recruit, never a 2 star. And usually a 2 star in the middle of the season or before the season means they haven't watched your film yet. For example, Mike Cox, RB who recently committed to Michigan, is expected to be a high 3/low 4 in the next rankings. Corp was a 2 who went to a 4 after they watched his film.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Perhaps reading is not your strong suit. "Excellent running game or not, Mustain went 8-0". Obviously I don't think Clausen didn't play a big role in them winning games, but some people are going a little over the top. The 'Michael Jordan of HS Football"? A wee bit of a stretch I'd say.

                              You're gonna like this one. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=48745&sport=1 Now my eyes may be deceiving me, but I do believe that says Arizona State (signed LOI) under his profile, but that could just be me. Let's look at SC's QB signees since 2002 shall we?

                              2002: John David Booty, NR (Because he left HS early) I'm assuming he's a 4-5 guy coming out of HS
                              2003: Rocky Hinds, 4 star
                              2005: Mark Sanchez, 5 star
                              2006: Garrett Green, 3 star
                              2007: Aaron Corp, 4 star

                              So Pete's gotten one 3 star recruit, never a 2 star. And usually a 2 star in the middle of the season or before the season means they haven't watched your film yet. For example, Mike Cox, RB who recently committed to Michigan, is expected to be a high 3/low 4 in the next rankings. Corp was a 2 who went to a 4 after they watched his film.
                              Actually, I've been reading for quite some time. Maybe your skills are a bit lacking, since Clausen was dubbed the "LeBron James of HS Football", not the Jordan. I see it as him being labeled as being so good it was like watching a man playing among boys, which it was.

                              Maybe you missed the fact that Szakacsy decommitted from USC at the last moment to join Erickson at AZ St., so he was very much a USC recruit. (http://rivals100.rivals.com/barrier_...id=&mid=&rid=) Believe me, there were enough Trojan fans who were all over the Rivals & Scout ND boards telling anyone who would listen how much better off they were not getting Clausen and getting Corp & Szakacsy when they committed back to back.

                              Besides, I've seen Corp play. Quite impressive in the CIF championship game, but I don't think he's a good fit at USC. His skillset would probably be better suited at Florida or West Virginia....basically, any team that has an offense that is more suited for a mobile QB. USC's offense is tailor made for a drop back passer, and that isn't Corp's style. I also know it isn't USC's style to tweak their offense to suit a player....either you do what's asked, or you ride the pine. A guy coming out of a West Virginia-style offense is goign to struggle with a pro style offense for some time. I don't think Corp ever sees the field as a QB. If USC lands Barkley in the future class, expect Corp to bulk up and play FB or TE, or to just transfer a la Hinds.
                              Last edited by JayP; 08-09-2007, 05:31 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Weinke is good too, rated one of the most accurate QBs this year but we're not blowing him left and right.

                                Crist is a very good QB who I think will end up beating out/up Clausen. I think he's got a strong arm, moves around fairly well and can put the ball in tight spots. Doesn't seem to be as much as a ***** as Clausen is.
                                I never said Weinke wasn't good, but to act like Crist's highlight video was disappointing when he was being recruited by every major program including Michigan is ridicules.
                                Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information