Dayne Crist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Ok I don't agree with soybean's earlier point. But lack of depth at QB or pretty much any position is not a problem with SC.
    i wasn't serious i meant it as an exaggeration obviously they don't get all the players they want (ie. desean jackson) I just meant I didn't think pete wanted those qbs so bad. But who knows, i admit i don't know that much about recruiting.

Also, michael mcdonald is a more than capable backup.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
      i wasn't serious i meant it as an exaggeration obviously they don't get all the players they want (ie. desean jackson) I just meant I didn't think pete wanted those qbs so bad. But who knows, i admit i don't know that much about recruiting.

Also, michael mcdonald is a more than capable backup.
      Nice backpedaling. Sure you didn't mean it...you just didn't think people were gonna call you an idiot for a stupid thought. I bet it even sounded smart when you were typing it too.

Sure...Pete's goal was to settle for Corp because he's so much better than Clausen. Who was USA Today's Offensive POY? The Army All American POY? The Parade POY? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Corp.

Michael McDonald a capable backup? You're obviously kidding. I'm sure that if Carroll had to put McDonald in a game this year that wasn't a blowout, the brown stain on the back of Pete's pants would be noticeable to all of America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayP View Post
        Nice backpedaling. Sure you didn't mean it...you just didn't think people were gonna call you an idiot for a stupid thought. I bet it even sounded smart when you were typing it too.

Sure...Pete's goal was to settle for Corp because he's so much better than Clausen. Who was USA Today's Offensive POY? The Army All American POY? The Parade POY? I'm pretty it wasn't Corp.

Michael McDonald a capable backup? You're obviously kidding. I'm sure that if Carroll had to put McDonald in a game this year that wasn't a blowout, the brown stain on the back of Pete's pants would be noticeable to all of America.
        But that's the thing. He wouldn't have to because he's got good depth at the position. Mark Sanchez is a beast.

And I do find it ironic that Clausen got all those awards, yet when he went against elite competition he didn't look very good. Surprising? Probably not. But more fodder for the anti-Clausen debate.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          But that's the thing. He wouldn't have to because he's got good depth at the position. Mark Sanchez is a beast.

And I do find it ironic that Clausen got all those awards, yet when he went against elite competition he didn't look very good. Surprising? Probably not. But more fodder for the anti-Clausen debate.
          Once again, I'll say this: Sanchez, to this point, has not panned out the way USC expected. That line I quoted isn't the first I've heard of that. I live in So. Cal, and I know a fair share of USC fans, two of which have family members on the team, and I mean scholarship players, not walk-ons. They've told me the same thing in conversations about the team. It's not really like its a secret around So Cal. People started questioning Sanchez after he didn't beat Booty out for the starting job last year.

Clausen played fine in the AA game, if that's what you're referring to.

Comment

EDIT: delete post.
            Last edited by soybean; 08-10-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

all i gotta say bout jimmy clausen is he wont pan out to be much better then his bros did

Comment

What I do love is the fact that although one might not think Clausen is the best QB prospect in his class, but maybe 2nd or 3rd, that all of a sudden makes him awful. I'll say this right now, Mallett is a better QB prospect than Jimmy Clausen. Heck, I think I like Cam Newton more than JC. However, I think JC is a top 5 QB prospect and at worst a 4 star prospect. That's still very good. If he busts, everyone will jump out and say they predicted this. If he doesn't bust, nobody will talk about their former doubts. Every top prospect gets this treatment. People will doubt a prospect, others will defend him. There's a reason that JC got scholarship offers from every freaking school in the NCAA: He's a talented prospect who anyone would like to have on their team. Might he fail? Of course! Look back at every recruiting class since the beginning of Rivals.com and you'll see a bunch of top prospects who never made it. It's a fact of life that some will rise to the top and others will sink to the bottom. However, college scouts at this level know what they're doing, and if every scout wants to sign a prospect, it isn't because of ESPN covering his workouts. It's because he is talented and the scouts recognize that.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information