X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Vito
    started a topic Former top recruit from 2005 admitted to play

Former top recruit from 2005 admitted to play

DT Jerrell Powe has been admitted into Ole Miss. He was at one point the #1 overall prospect according to rivals in the class of 2005 (listed at 6-3 350 running a 4.9), but his academic problems caused him to slip. He still earned a 5-star ranking and signed with Ole Miss, but was declared ineligible. He went to Hargrave Military Academy for a prep year where he was given a five star ranking again, yet was still declared ineligible. This week Powe was adimtted into Ole Miss and is set to practice with the team today.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=699732

• VY10
    replied
    I'd like to state this kid has the potential to be amazing. Even if I was a 6'4", 225lb QB I would soil my pants if I saw this kid glaring at me when I was under center.

Leave a comment:

• energizerbunny
    replied
    this is really great, he has been working hard for 3 years now to get past the clearinghouse. There was some talk awhile back about him getting into Miami.

He reminds me alot of Jimmy Kennedy, another very talented DT who had strong learning disabilities.

Leave a comment:

• VY10
    replied
    Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    I remember seeing him in the Army East West game, and he seemed illiterate.
    That was the rumor. Apparently he has a strong learning disability combined with a Mississippi public school education.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    He is an exact clone of Callahan Bright.

Leave a comment:

• fischbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
    DT Jerrell Powe has been admitted into Ole Miss. He was at one point the #1 overall prospect according to rivals in the class of 2005 (listed at 6-3 350 running a 4.9), but his academic problems caused him to slip. He still earned a 5-star ranking and signed with Ole Miss, but was declared ineligible. He went to Hargrave Military Academy for a prep year where he was given a five star ranking again, yet was still declared ineligible. This week Powe was adimtted into Ole Miss and is set to practice with the team today.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=699732
    I remember seeing him in the Army East West game, and he seemed illiterate.

Leave a comment:

• HoopsDemon12
    replied
    i hope he can pull it all together.. hey atleast he has been trying and managed to stay out of trouble... he deserves another chance IMO

Leave a comment:

• RyanLeaf#1
    replied
    Ole Miss can use any help they can get.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information