• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Originally posted by RWFender1
    mcknight...i think he has heisman potential
    Your a USC fan, like that isn't biased. :roll:

As am I, but Mcknight didn't get my vote.

And Everson Griffen is pretty raw as a player, at this point he relies to heavily on speed and strength over technique. Can't wait to see him develop in Cardinal and Gold though! :D

Comment

no, doubtful soybean because i think he will be like brady quinn...another good QB playing for a lousy team
      yeah they were lousy, but we're finally getting into charlie weis' recruiting class. Before when he took over he was playing the cards that were dealt to him by tyrone willingham. Now he's got hes finally got his own players to work with.

I dont think they'll be beating usc anytime soon but i also dont think they'll be roadkill either.

The media doesn't lie, last person to receive so much attention out of high school? lebron james, and look how that turned out. Plus we dont know what either mcknight or clausen can do at the college level just yet.

Comment

Also look at how both players fit in each system.

Clausen is perfect for Notre Dame's/Charlie Weis's offense.

And you know USC is going to line up JM all over the field ala Reggie Bush. Wouldn't doubt seeing him used alot in the slot like Reggie was used in New Orleans this year, considering USC signed the Saints Passing coach to the same position this offseason.

Comment

Mcknight, in my opinion, but I haven't really seen Clausen.

When McKnight and John Curtis played Hoover, he really torched us.

Sig by DChess

Comment

so far everything i have seen from clausen makes me think he is overrated...he hasnt proven anything to me yet....mcknight has great speed and is an all purpouse back
            Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

so far everything i have seen from clausen makes me think he is overrated...he hasnt proven anything to me yet....mcknight has great speed and is an all purpouse back
              what do you mean mechanics, style of play or stats?

Comment

well i cant fairly judge him until i watch him at the college level but he just doesnt seem as good as the hype from watching him in videos...im not sure how difficult his competition is but he just doesnt strike me as being so special to deserve all the attention he has been getting. he looks good but i dont know that he is the next best thing to happen to college football. i have a feeling there will be lower ranked QBs recruited that will out perform him when he starts
                Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Originally posted by elway777
                  And you know USC is going to line up JM all over the field ala Reggie Bush. Wouldn't doubt seeing him used alot in the slot like Reggie was used in New Orleans this year, considering USC signed the Saints Passing coach to the same position this offseason.
                  now i may be late, but either way thats good info to me, hadnt heard who they signed, and i think its interesting they went after the #1 offense this year who uses bush, and spreads the field....if thats the case mcknight should be beastly especially with all the talent on the field

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

well i cant fairly judge him until i watch him at the college level but he just doesnt seem as good as the hype from watching him in videos...im not sure how difficult his competition is but he just doesnt strike me as being so special to deserve all the attention he has been getting. he looks good but i dont know that he is the next best thing to happen to college football. i have a feeling there will be lower ranked QBs recruited that will out perform him when he starts
                    right on, right on.

Comment

Well besides Noel Devine, I think Terrance Toliver will be this year's best offensive recruit. Out of those two though, McKnight.

Comment

do you guys think Noel Devine will surpass Steve Slaton as far as talent?
                        Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Mcknight for sure, Clause sucks he shouldnt even be the top QB prospect....Mallet should be, Top players should go,

1. Everson Griffen
                          2. Joe McKnight
                          3. Ryan Mallet
                          4. Marc Tyler
                          5. Marvin Austin

Comment

IMO, Devine.. If you have 10+ minute highlight videos for each of your HS years, with you scoring 75% of the time in each vid, you know you're pretty amazing. Too bad he's got the baggage.

rainbeaukid

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41
                              mcknight...i think he has heisman potential
                              Your a USC fan, like that isn't biased. :roll:
                              Or the fact that he does have Heisman potential..... :?

McKnight has many saying he could be Reggie Bush Part Deux. While I won't believe it until I see it, the kid does have Heisman potential.

Here's mine (based on pure talent):

1. Noel Devine
                              2. Everson Griffin
                              3. Marvin Austin
                              4. Joe McKnight
                              5. Ryan Mallet

If Devine had his character issues in order, I think this would be a no doubter that he's #1. The kid is just amazing.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

dating back to 2002 using rivals.com, all the 5* prostyle QB's hasnt been great or havnt seen any playing time(mark sanchez). . 05-06' class is still too early to judge, but very few freshman qb's have immediate success. So dont be shock to see Claussen panning out like all the other highly touted h.s QB's

02' Ben Olson #1 rated
                                02' Trent Edwards #2
                                (best/most potential from class is Drew Stanton #6)

03' Kyle Wright #1
                                03' Chris Leak #2 4*
                                (best from class is JRussell #6, Quinn #10)

04' Bomar
                                04' Morelli
                                04' Henne
                                (best from class is Brohm #5, Erick Ainge #11)

05' Sanchez
                                (best from class is colt mccoy #15)

06' Matt Stafford
                                06' Mitch Mustain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information