Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So we've debated on who the fastest player in the country is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    40? One of the strongest players in South Florida last year, Kevin Bryant, got like 43 reps at 6-6 380. For some reason I doubt a 150 kid did it 40 times.
    Probabally didnt go down all the way. But u never know, people that are short and stocky have a great advantage in the weight room

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
      Probabally didnt go down all the way. But u never know, people that are short and stocky have a great advantage in the weight room
      5'6 150 for a linebacker isn't short and stocky. It's freaking Pee Wee Herman sized. Honestly, that's small for JV... or even middle school...
      “Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.”

- Vince Lombardi

Comment

Chris Pressley, FB for Wisconsin has some pretty insane strength.
        This a vid of him squating over 600 pounds 10 times
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6uuVVTLmHA

Comment

Originally posted by srv fan View Post
          5'6 150 for a linebacker isn't short and stocky. It's freaking Pee Wee Herman sized. Honestly, that's small for JV... or even middle school...
          It's small for a linebacker, but there are top notch high school wrestlers who can lift an asston of weight and are even smaller than 5-6 150. I've seen a guy about that size put up 36 reps of 225, so I don't doubt 4 more is possible.

Comment

5'6 150 might not be heavy, but thats at least fairly stocky given the height.

Secondly, leg presses ARE worse for you than squats given proper form.

Squats are very efficient and safe exercises, and one of the most important athletic training lifts there is. However, having bad form, using a smith machine, using a weight belt too much, or simply squatting more than you're able to is going to screw up your back. Although as someone said, any time you get into the 400+ range for a lift, it starts to get a bit dangerous in terms of injuries.
            Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
              Chris Pressley, FB for Wisconsin has some pretty insane strength.
              This a vid of him squating over 600 pounds 10 times
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6uuVVTLmHA
              He only squated that 9 times..doesnt matter tho thats amazing. I will remember that chris pressely.

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                On my High School team we had a 5'6'' 150 LB(Runs a 4.6) do 40 reps of 225 lbs. That was when he was a sophmore. Also our QB did 205 32 times.
                That is the biggest hunk of **** I have read in awhile. 90% of NFL offensive lineman can't do 40 reps of 225.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                  That is the biggest hunk of **** I have read in awhile. 90% of NFL offensive lineman can't do 40 reps of 225.
                  Wow, I thought it was 185, not 225. Bryant did 40 reps of 185.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Strongest on the feild could possibly be Vernon Gholston, he ripped through Jake Long last year. He def. passes the look test.

Comment

Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                      That is the biggest hunk of **** I have read in awhile. 90&#37; of NFL offensive lineman can't do 40 reps of 225.
                      Well when he is that short it is not to hard to get down. Trust me he is Simoen(spelling) and is the hardest worker on the team. He may be like 165 but he is still small. Ohh and I am talking about sqauts thats why I quoted a paragraph about squating. LOL at that kind of numbers with bench.
                      Last edited by Primetime21; 08-19-2007, 10:43 PM.
                      Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                      the only hot actreeses are adult
                      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                      players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                      Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                        Well when he is that short it is not to hard to get down. Trust me he is Simoen(spelling) and is the hardest worker on the team. He may be like 165 but he is still small. Ohh and I am talking about sqauts thats why I quoted a paragraph about squating. LOL at that kind of numbers with bench.
                        40 reps in the squat at 225 is insane, especially as a 165 pound high schooler.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information