X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badgerbacker
    started a topic Breakout Player

Breakout Player

The main reason I'm creating this thread is hopefully to hear from Scott to see if he's going to do a "breakout college player" this year. I really enjoyed seeing those in the past years and he's done pretty well at pegging breakout guys.

Anyway, since a thread has been started, who do you see as this year's college breakout player? Keep in mind this isn't just who you believe will have a good year, it's who will break onto the scene for the first time. So Ray Rice, Steve Slaton and all of those guys are out of the conversation because they have already broken out.

My personal pick is Marlon Lucky, RB from Nebraska. A pretty highly touted recruit coming out of high school, he's never really been the main ball carrier at Nebraska. If he gets a decent amount of carries this year, I see him putting up huge numbers.

• ncstateviking
    replied
    andre brown. nc state

Leave a comment:

• elway777
    replied
    Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
    Patrick Turner. He's gonna be an All-American.
    David "The Great Oz" Ausberry has more potential then any player on SC's roster. He's 6-5 235 and has 4.5 speed.

Leave a comment:

• YAYareaRB
    replied
    Kirby Freeman.

Leave a comment:

• TH3
    replied
    DeMarco,Murray - Running Back University of Oklahoma

Leave a comment:

• KCJ58
    replied
    Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
    ill agree with that also Kevin Ellison or Brian Crushing could do it as well

also dont forget that Corner from CU Terrence Wheatley ;)

Leave a comment:

• themaninblack
    replied
    matthew stafford is due and i think knowshon moreno is gonna have a big year even though he will see limited carries due to kregg lumpkin and thomas brown.

Leave a comment:

• OhioState
    replied
    Marcus Freeman, i am really high on this guy because of his coverage ability but i think this year he will show he can blitz and play the run as well.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Green Bay Scat
    replied
    Jonathan Goff (LB) Vandy. Showed up lighter and quicker and is up for some preseason awards. If Vandy can at least get to a bowl, i think his stock will go way up, a technician out their on the field.

Also Chris Williams (LT) Vandy, After giving up a sack to Lamar Woodley in the first game, didnt give up another the entire season in the tough sec. Has Size(6'7" 315lbs) and quick feet, should rise into late first early second with a great season.
    Last edited by Green Bay Scat; 08-12-2007, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny
    replied
    Most people think Teel is terrible, he really isn't. He's an ok late-round prospect with the potential to go higher, mainly because he's tall and has a big arm.

It's hard to call players like McCourty, Blaze, Tverdov, or Malast breakout guys. They're stepping up on the team into prominent roles, but are they going to emerge on the national stage like Britt will? Not likely.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    lawrence wilson

Leave a comment:

• scottyboy
    replied
    ok idk what Jonny is talking about with Teel, who will break out this year, but isnt much of a pro prospect.(but he is a winner) but he is right with Britt who is an amazing talent and will explode on the scene this year. My sleeper pick with break out player for Rutgers is Jason McCourty CB. he's got good hands and with teams staying out of the middle b/c of Greene and Girault in the middle. Also, DE Jamal Westerman should continue his very sold career, especially rushing the passer. Rutgers defense is loaded, with the exception of MLB.
    Last edited by scottyboy; 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gchu83
    replied
    Brian Orakpo DE Texas

Leave a comment:

• duckseason
    replied
    Originally posted by Packers-Cardinals View Post
    What other schools were recruiting him?
    SC, WSU, every other Pac-10 school, tOSU, FSU, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Duke, can't remember the others. In the end he said it came down to WSU and Oregon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information