what are the usc rbs thinking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the usc rbs thinking

can someone please explain why all these rbs are going to USC the last two years. Last year they pulled in 3 five star guys(stafon johnson, allen bradford, cj cable) and 1 four star guy(emanuel moody), then this year 2 more five stars (joe mcknight, mark tyler) and another four star(broderick green). each back must think pretty highly of himself to stay at USC, because i bet only 2 of these guys ever get enought time to hit paydirt in the NFL.

im sure they saw the success reggie had last year on top of USC being known as a great running back school. Look at all the heisman winners at running back SC has. if i was a running back USC would be a tempting choice for me too
    Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

Re: what are the usc rbs thinking

Originally posted by linebackerU
      can someone please explain why all these rbs are going to USC the last two years. Last year they pulled in 3 five star guys(stafon johnson, allen bradford, cj cable) and 1 four star guy(emanuel moody), then this year 2 more five stars (joe mcknight, mark tyler) and another four star(broderick green). each back must think pretty highly of himself to stay at USC, because i bet only 2 of these guys ever get enought time to hit paydirt in the NFL.
      well i've thought about it too... it's pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why USC even is willing to take this many guys; unless of course they're thinking of position changes with a few of them...

so yea, i forsee at least two or three of these guys transferring before it's all said and done. Although, there are guys who've been buried on college draft charts who've either been drafted, or found success in the NFL.

A couple names...
      Willie Parker
      Matt Cassel
      Mark Bradley

there's more but that's all i can think of... naturally however this is an exception, not the rule.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

the way i see it is, that bradford moves back to linebacker (where he wil find a hard time getting playing time) or to fullback, then gable and moody share carries with one another for the rest of the usc careers, i dont know wat happens to staf. johnson becasue he cant seem to crack the lineup(possibly transfer) and then theres Joe Mcknight who i think will do very well and by the end of his soph year going into junioor year he will be the center of the USC offense, marc tyler could also might move to linebacker where he will see no playing time which is a huge of waste of talent, and broderick green should have been smart and come to penn state

Comment

The only reason i could think of for brod green not going to Penn State would be weather. Its brutal here in pa winters are horrible and Southern Cal is beautiful year round. That being said he made a huge mistake, at penn state he would have started from day 1 now he'll be lucky if he starts as a red shirt senior and even then he'll still have to fight for playing time against the 5 or 6 other top running backs that will commit there too. More than half these guys are gonna have to transfer out. Did any of the freshman from last season red shirt?
          Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Comment

USC doesn't have a depth chart like other teams do. Carrol will play the best RB even if he is a freshman. At other schools freshman have little or no chance of playing time. So if you want to play right away, you go to USC, a non-BCS school, or if you are lucky a BCS school that has no good RBs on the roster.

Comment

Is there any chance of Bradford playing a rover/linebacker type of role like Thomas Davis did at Georgia?

Comment

i like bradford and hope he only plays rb or fb
                Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

apparently there are athletes who also care about academics too which is good...joe mcknight claims this as a factor. he is going into communications at USCs Annenberg School and that was a factor in his decision. check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gvwzCLsF0 ...interview with mcknight discussing all about his decision and USC's running back situation
                  Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

USC will be unreal for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838
                      USC will be unreal for a long time

Until the NCAA puts them on the death penalty... They will be caught eventually, the clouds aren't going away any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by linebackerU
                        the way i see it is, that bradford moves back to linebacker (where he wil find a hard time getting playing time) or to fullback, then gable and moody share carries with one another for the rest of the usc careers, i dont know wat happens to staf. johnson becasue he cant seem to crack the lineup(possibly transfer) and then theres Joe Mcknight who i think will do very well and by the end of his soph year going into junioor year he will be the center of the USC offense, marc tyler could also might move to linebacker where he will see no playing time which is a huge of waste of talent, and broderick green should have been smart and come to penn state

I think that bradford will move to full back, maybe backer, Gable will get alot of carries, and so will Moody, Johnson will transfer like u said, and Joe McKnight will get tons of reps next year, but as for Tyler, i dont think he will change positions, that guy is UNREAL it seems like every 3rd time he touches the ball hes in the endzone, i just hope Gable and Moody leave after there Junior Years and then hand it off to McKnight and Tyler.

Comment

maybe tyler and bradford can alternate at fullback next year and then tyler can switch back to RB after some of the other backs declare for the NFL...
                          Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

"Until the NCAA puts them on the death penalty... They will be caught eventually, the clouds aren't going away any time soon."

If you seriously think the NCAA is going to impose sanctions like that again, you seriously need to get your head checked.

Comment

Originally posted by RWFender1
                              apparently there are athletes who also care about academics too which is good...joe mcknight claims this as a factor. he is going into communications at USCs Annenberg School and that was a factor in his decision. check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gvwzCLsF0 ...interview with mcknight discussing all about his decision and USC's running back situation
                              Give me a break, no one picks their school because they have a good Communications program. If you had said Business or Science it would have been at least somewhat reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information