No announcement yet.

Runningbacks at Big Schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High school kids just generally make stupid decisions.

How many running backs or quarterbacks go to smaller schools just so they can play their position, instead going to a headline school as a defensive back or something else? Then after 4 years and a decent college career they find out that they are nowhere close to being an NFL prospect at their position.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
      You have to remember that 99% of these prospects are completely obliterating their high school competition and have the mindset that noone can beat them for a starting spot since they've dominated all their lives.
      exactly, and one of them goes to my school

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

a few days after i make this thread moody says hes transferring out of USC haha
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

It's just a mess. I mean, why the heck would McKnight go there? He won't get much of a chance, and it's not like you can't make it as a small school RB. Ladanian Tomlinson anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
            It's just a mess. I mean, why the heck would McKnight go there? He won't get much of a chance, and it's not like you can't make it as a small school RB. Ladanian Tomlinson anyone?
            It's not just about PT. For Christ's sake I'd love to go to USC. Great weather, amazing women, a chance to win the NC every year, terrific education. It's not always about being a starter. McKnight went there because he knows he's so good he'll get the ball on PR, KR, Slot Receiver, Tailback,.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
              You try to say no to a school that says they'll use you like they used Reggie Bush, especially after having seen Reggie perform in your home state for the past year. After all the comparisons were made between McKnight and Bush, why wouldn't you want to go play for the school that created the legend that is Reggie.

And TCU isn't necessarily a small school, but I see your point in that regard.

I still don't get why Green stayed committed to SC after Tyler and McKnight committed.

Comment

Originally posted by benchod View Post
                You try to say no to a school that says they'll use you like they used Reggie Bush, especially after having seen Reggie perform in your home state for the past year. After all the comparisons were made between McKnight and Bush, why wouldn't you want to go play for the school that created the legend that is Reggie.

I still don't get why Green stayed committed to SC after Tyler and McKnight committed.
                Yea, McKnight might not be the best example, but all the others at USC. Moody may just be the first in a big wave of transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by benchod View Post

Exactly. Hey Joe, we used Reggie in all these different ways and all it got him was 1 1/2 national titles, 1 Heisman, a fifth place finish in the Heisman race as a sophomore, a 6 year 50 million dollar deal as the #2 pick in the NFL Draft and some serious name recognition which in turn led to a truckload of endorsement deals. We'll use you the same way. Wanna come?

Tell me if you're not Joe McKnight you don't ask to sign right away.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information