College Football Award Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Some of your picks are out of the norm and doubtful, but I like your reasonings for them. These are the two I'd argue the most though. Even if McFadden, Slaton and Rice don't have monster years, don't you think guys like Mike Hart, Chris Wells, Jonathan Stewart etc...would have an upper leg on this than Bernard seeing as how they're more household names and are likely to put up monster years? Just curious.

I really doubt the Outland goes to Luigs. I think Long, Baker or Dorsey would have the inside track.
    Jonathan Stewart shares a lot of carries with Jeremiah Johnson and the passing game should open up a lot more this year. Mike Hart's chances will be hurt by a solid passing game in Michigan. Big 10 defenses will eat the Ohio State running game up with no passing game to balance it out. I give it to Bernard because he's the best player on his team in a conference full of weak run defenses.

I don't understand the Outland trophy. I thought it was only interior linemen which excludes OTs. If I'm wrong about that then yeah it'll probably be Sam Baker or Jake Long with an outside chance of being Andrew Gardner from GT(he's a beast and the next great ACC OT)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      Jonathan Stewart shares a lot of carries with Jeremiah Johnson and the passing game should open up a lot more this year. Mike Hart's chances will be hurt by a solid passing game in Michigan. Big 10 defenses will eat the Ohio State running game up with no passing game to balance it out. I give it to Bernard because he's the best player on his team in a conference full of weak run defenses.

I don't understand the Outland trophy. I thought it was only interior linemen which excludes OTs. If I'm wrong about that then yeah it'll probably be Sam Baker or Jake Long with an outside chance of being Andrew Gardner from GT(he's a beast and the next great ACC OT)
      I like your reasoning for the RB. I don't expect that to happen, but it's possible and well-explained.

The Outland Trophy is for the linemen, all of them. http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/ne...and070612.html

Comment

I'm on the Yvenson Bernard bandwagon.. How 'bout you?

Comment

I don't understand the Outland trophy. I thought it was only interior linemen which excludes OTs.
          It is for interior lineman, but OT are considered interior OL for the award. The positions eligble for the award are: OT, OG, C, DT.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            I'm on the Yvenson Bernard bandwagon.. How 'bout you?
            he wont even be the best RB in his state... Stewart, Forset, Torin maybe

Comment

see PJ Hill as far as not having a Pass game to balance out the running game

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                see PJ Hill as far as not having a Pass game to balance out the running game
                please try to type a coherent sentence

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Colt Brennan will never win the Heisman. Mark that down!

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information