I don't like the idea of indies.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    I might go as far to say that ND was equally tough..

Michigan, GT, PSU, MSU, Purdue, Stanford, UCLA, USC, LSU..

UNC, AF, Army, Navy, seemed like their only pushovers.
    Navy isnt a pushover, aside from that UNC AF and Army are, but Nvy went 8-5 and almost beat BC in a bowl as i remeber
    Stanford is more of a pushover than UNC,AF,or Army tho

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      Keep trying to convince yourself of that. ND beat them by 22 and ND sucked last year. Yeah, they're not a pushover ;)
      Right. I'd say AF is as good as Vandy....probably better, considering that AF managed to give Tennessee a game in knoxville and Vandy got drilled by the Vols at home.

And sure ND sucked. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Comment

Originally posted by JayP View Post
        Right. I'd say AF is as good as Vandy....probably better, considering that AF managed to give Tennessee a game in knoxville and Vandy got drilled by the Vols at home.

47-21 tells me they sucked. This whole "Well Team A Barely Beat Team B while Team A destroyed Team C" thing doesn't fly, and you know damn well. ND played 3 good/great teams last year and got BOMBED by all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JayP View Post

ND did suck, they just got into a (undeserving) bowl and got trounced like usual...and before you say it, yes Iowa sucked more, so come up with a better comeback

Comment

I don't understand how ND not being in a conference correlates to there being no playoff anytime soon.

If there was a 8 team playoff, the 6 BCS conference champions and 2 wild cards would probably get bids. Now imagine Miami, Texas, Michigan, UCLA, and Tennessee, all with 10+ wins but finishing 2nd in their conference, throw in an undefeated non-BCS team, and you have 6 worthy teams for two spots. There would be a ton of controversy, and it would be worse than it is now because more would be on the line.

If there's a 16 team playoff, which logistically I don't think could work, you probably have to think about adding the non-BCS conferences into the fold. Even if you don't, the same problems would occur with top non-BCS teams and a 3rd or 4th place BCS team.

Notre Dame being independent has almost nothing to do with there not being a D1-A playoff. I would say most of the big schools (including ND) would not want to give up either one more game on the schedule or a conference championship game to squeeze in a playoff. Realistically only about 15 or so teams have a legit shot every year, so the rest of the division would get screwed out of a ton of revenue

Comment

47-21 tells me they sucked. This whole "Well Team A Barely Beat Team B while Team A destroyed Team C" thing doesn't fly, and you know damn well. ND played 3 good/great teams last year and got BOMBED by all of them.
              Yeah Michigan's got an impressive 1 game winning steak against ND, then again I wouldn't bet against it being snapped this year. Michigan and coach droopy dog(AKA Carr) have a knack for sucking every game they are expected to win.
              Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
                Yeah Michigan's got an impressive 1 game winning steak against ND, then again I wouldn't bet against it being snapped this year. Michigan and coach droopy dog(AKA Carr) have a knack for sucking every game they are expected to win.
                Hey look I think Manningham just scored again. Are you really in a position to be making fun of a coach's physical attributes when Charlie Weis is your team's coach? Come on. Dude you can't possibly talk **** when you lose by 26 at home and you have a Heisman contender at QB. You just can't. I'm pretty sure Michigan went 10-1 in games they were favored in last year, so there goes another argument. So you are expecting Michigan to beat ND again this year judging by your sentence. So how many points will it be by this year?

Comment

Hey look I think Manningham just scored again. Are you really in a position to be making fun of a coach's physical attributes when Charlie Weis is your team's coach? Come on. Dude you can't possibly talk **** when you lose by 26 at home and you have a Heisman contender at QB. You just can't. I'm pretty sure Michigan went 10-1 in games they were favored in last year, so there goes another argument. So you are expecting Michigan to beat ND again this year judging by your sentence. So how many points will it be by this year?
                  Yep, Michigan beat ND a year ago, and ND beat Michigan 2 years ago? It really has no baring on the future, and IMO ND's future looks more bright while Michigan's is looking dimmer. But here it is 2007, all of Michigan's best players are seniors and most their rivals are having a rebuilding year, this is Michigan's opportunity to strike. But IMO they'll falter some where and be a disappointment again. I never said I think Michigan will beat ND, I said they are favored.

BTW I'd rather be fat then have a face that looks like a scrotum ala coach Carr.

Comment

Yep, Michigan beat ND a year ago, and ND beat Michigan 2 years ago? It really has no baring on the future, and IMO ND's future looks more bright while Michigan's is looking dimmer. But here it is 2007, all of Michigan's best players are seniors and most their rivals are having a rebuilding year, this is Michigan's opportunity to strike. But IMO they'll falter some where and be a disappointment again. I never said I think Michigan will beat ND, I said they are favored.

BTW I'd rather be fat then have a face that looks like a scrotum ala coach Carr.
                    More bright? Brighter would be the word there Webster. Shocking that you, the biggest ND homer on this board, would predict Michigan to falter. Absolutely stunning. I wasn't aware Michigan's future was looking dimmer. Perhaps you can tell me where you found this information.

You'd rather be 918 pounds, probably end up with diabetes, have yourself be the mockery of college football fans all over the country, **** up on bypass surgery and waddle like a seal than have Carr's face ? I call ********.

Comment

More bright? Brighter would be the word there Webster. Shocking that you, the biggest ND homer on this board, would predict Michigan to falter. Absolutely stunning. I wasn't aware Michigan's future was looking dimmer. Perhaps you can tell me where you found this information.

You'd rather be 918 pounds, probably end up with diabetes, have yourself be the mockery of college football fans all over the country, **** up on bypass surgery and waddle like a seal than have Carr's face ? I call ********.
                      Easily, just look at all the recruiting battles that Michigan has been losing lately. Michigan is getting hammered, and its gonna bite them sooner or later. Also I Carr is a mediocre coach IMO.

You can always lose weight, but a mug like that is like a curse. Who wants to have a face that looks like a ball sac.

Comment

Easily, just look at all the recruiting battles that Michigan has been losing lately. Michigan is getting hammered, and its gonna bite them sooner or later. Also I Carr is a mediocre coach IMO.

You can always lose weight, but a mug like that is like a curse. Who wants to have a face that looks like a ball sac.
                        Carr's got more national titles than Jabba doesn't he? And don't try the SB argument, this is college football, not pro. At least Carr has beat some teams he's not supposed to. Jabba loses to them by 30. And as far as "hammered" in recruiting, don't we still have around the 10th best class in the country? I prefer the on-field product (you know, where it matters and ND lost by 26) than the off-field stuff. So congrats on having the #1 class 8 months before NSD, that's quite an accomplishment. Let me know when your uber recruits actually do something productive. But I'm tired of every thread turning into Michigan vs. ND and we both use the same arguments, so I'm dropping this.

Comment

Carr's got more national titles than Jabba doesn't he? And don't try the SB argument, this is college football, not pro. At least Carr has beat some teams he's not supposed to. Jabba loses to them by 30. And as far as "hammered" in recruiting, don't we still have around the 10th best class in the country? I prefer the on-field product (you know, where it matters and ND lost by 26) than the off-field stuff. So congrats on having the #1 class 8 months before NSD, that's quite an accomplishment. Let me know when your uber recruits actually do something productive. But I'm tired of every thread turning into Michigan vs. ND and we both use the same arguments, so I'm dropping this.
                          Coach nut sac face has been coaching at Michigan for 12 years, Charlie's been coaching at ND for 2. So how is your argument supposed to prove anything? Saying Charlie hasn't beaten any teams he wasn't supposed is funny since ND was predicted to start off 1-7 in the 2005 season, didn't really go as planned according to those so called experts. Fact remainsMichigan is left settling for their 2nd and 3rd recruiting targets cause they keep losing recruiting battles all over the place. You prefer on the field stuff? Michigan's been 2 and 3 against ND since 2000, when is the amazing on field dominance you've been talking about gonna kick in.

Comment

Carr won an NC early in his career. Two Words. Sam McGuffie. I bet you wanted him untill he went Blue.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
                            164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
                            50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
                            Record: 7-3

Comment

And if Notre Dame isn't in a conference nontheless a BCS conference shouldn't they automatically be out of contention for BCS Bowl if they lose a game?

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
                              164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
                              50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
                              Record: 7-3

Comment

Originally posted by DWilliams2IndyColts View Post
                                Carr won an NC early in his career. Two Words. Sam McGuffie. I bet you wanted him untill he went Blue.
                                Jamoris Slaughter, Kyle Rudolph, Dan McCarthy, Ethan Johnson, Omar Hunter, John Goodman, Darius Fleming, Steven Filer, Dayne Crist, Lane Clelland, Braxton Cave, and Robert Blanton. All guys Michigan recruited hard that have verballed to ND. McGuffie is a good player but one person won't make or break our class.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information