Jake Long is overrated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
    instead you should have named the thread "Vernon Gholston is a beast" not Jake Long is overrated
    but jake long is overrated brings more posters because we all wanted to tell him why he wasnt... cause most people like proving someone else wrong and letting them know they are right

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Vernon Gholston is a beast. That combination of quickness and power is disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by 'backer View Post
        Vernon Gholston is a beast. That combination of quickness and power is disgusting.
        Do you what's also digusting? How much steroids he puts in his body.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post

Nah I think he's legit...The guy's a beast. Even though I don't like OSU I can admit it. Creative title, but nice to see you don't actually think Long is overrated.

Comment

Ya i mean Gholston had like what one solo tackle that game, total domination....

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              Nah I think he's legit...The guy's a beast. Even though I don't like OSU I can admit it. Creative title, but nice to see you don't actually think Long is overrated.
              I'm an OSU fan, but I'm not a blind homer. I like a lot of Michigan players. I just dont think the defense has the depth and overall talent to carry Michigan.

Ya i mean Gholston had like what one solo tackle that game, total domination....
              Not sure what game you were watching, but Gholston had more than 1 tackle and I believe had at least one sack. He was probably our best defensive player that game.
              Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

I can't say whether he does or doesnt do roids, but I dont think he does. He looked like this in highschool too. He's just a genetic Freak I believe... could be wrong however.

But most people assume anybody who is huge and has extremely low body fat (therefore veins popping) does roids.

How many MLB players who did roids (cough cough.. barry bonds... mark McGuire, Pudge Rodriguez) looked like this?

His roid accusations are just a misconception that low body fat = roids. Any 300 pound offensive lineman who cut weight and went down to 250-260 pounds with 5% bodyfat would look the same.
                Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

It's not too much to say he could have been taking steroids in high school but obviously I'm not one to say whether he did or didn't considering at this point it is all speculation. He is a monster of a player though.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

that actually quite normal. Most LT i know when are facing a good speed DE, will set out insted of back to make up for the speed, but gholston planned it of course. Its a classic move, Bruce Davis does it very well, we have a LT that use to go against him, says his speed off the corner is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                      Not sure what game you were watching, but Gholston had more than 1 tackle and I believe had at least one sack. He was probably our best defensive player that game.
                      DoWn was right, Gholston has 1 solo tackle, 3 assisted tackles, and 0 sacks.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=518&player=50

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                        DoWn was right, Gholston has 1 solo tackle, 3 assisted tackles, and 0 sacks.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=518&player=50
                        Fair enough. Although he was quite disruptive in the game. Not saying the stats arent true, but they dont indicate the level of play he had against a manchild like jake long.
                        Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                          Fair enough. Although he was quite disruptive in the game. Not saying the stats arent true, but they dont indicate the level of play he had against a manchild like jake long.
                          so now the stats dont indicate the level of play he had, but before he was you guys best defensive player that game?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Dude Henne still threw for a lot of yards and Hart ran for a lot, nobody on either defense really played that well. Gholston far from dominated anyone in that game.

Comment

On that play Jake Long was expecting a speed rush and Gholston came with an inside move and caught Long out of position. That's all that really happened.
                              Wow you know what Jake Long is thinking? Or is that just a bad attempt at justifying a horrible attempt to block an actual NFL caliber player as apposed to other DE's he has dominated?

What will happen when he goes pro and gets beat again because he was exspecting something else? Will that get excused also? Joe Thomas doesnt give up sacks, and Jake Long does, so to say he is betetr than Thomas is wild. The LT needs to protect his QB more than he needs to maul for his RB. RT's are who need to dominate the run game seeing how the majority of NFL carries go to the right. Long will be a RT in the NFL because like previously mentioned, he isnt the greatest at pass blocking.

Due to there being a shortage of LT's in the NFL, he will probably play there.

Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.
                              Last edited by JoeMontainya; 09-02-2007, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                                Wow you know what Jake Long is thinking? Or is that just a bad attempt at justifying a horrible attempt to block an actual NFL caliber player as apposed to other DE's he has dominated?

What will happen when he goes pro and gets beat again because he was exspecting something else? Will that get excused also? Joe Thomas doesnt give up sacks, and Jake Long does, so to say he is betetr than Thomas is wild. The LT needs to protect his QB more than he needs to maul for his RB. RT's are who need to dominate the run game seeing how the majority of NFL carries go to the right. Long will be a RT in the NFL because like previously mentioned, he isnt the greatest at pass blocking.

Due to there being a shortage of LT's in the NFL, he will probably play there.

Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.

Dude seriously. We know you hate Michigan. But I guess all those voters are ******** then because they voted Long Lineman of the Year ahead of Thomas. But you know, your knowledge is clearly better than theirs right?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information