Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake Long is overrated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Dude seriously. We know you hate Michigan. But I guess all those voters are ******** then because they voted Long Lineman of the Year ahead of Thomas. But you know, your knowledge is clearly better than theirs right?
    Are you honestly gonna tell me Paul Poz is better than Hawk because the 5 VOTERS that vote for the award are based in Pennsilvania and voted Poz despite the fact all of his stats were less than Hawks and he even played in 99 more deffensive plays?

    What does winning an award have to do with anything? Marcus McNeal is a better overall LT than Brick, but who got drafted first?

    Again, what does awards/voters have to do with anything?

    This just in.....Poz is better than Hawk because Sniper says people voted him as the Butkus winner over Hawk. I bet the Packers are kicking themselves over this one...

    PS Sniper, Hail to the Victors

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
      Are you honestly gonna tell me Paul Poz is better than Hawk because the 5 VOTERS that vote for the award are based in Pennsilvania and voted Poz despite the fact all of his stats were less than Hawks and he even played in 99 more deffensive plays?

      What does winning an award have to do with anything? Marcus McNeal is a better overall LT than Brick, but who got drafted first?

      Again, what does awards/voters have to do with anything?

      This just in.....Poz is better than Hawk because Sniper says people voted him as the Butkus winner over Hawk. I bet the Packers are kicking themselves over this one...

      PS Sniper, Hail to the Victors
      Considering Long gave up one sack last year, I find it hard for you to say "Joe Thomas doesn't give up sacks, but Jake Long does" making it sound like Long gets beat every play. Like it or not, Jake Long is the best lineman in the conference, and also was last year.

      BTW, if the 5 voters are based in PA, what's Joe Thomas' excuse then?

      And when did awards and draft picks correlate? Your golden boy Troy won a Heisman. That should correlate to a #1 shouldn't it? Your argument holds absolutely zero ******* weight, as usual. Poz could end up being better than Hawk, unless your amazing knowledge can once again come through and predict the future and tell me Hawk will be a better backer.

      PS JoeMontainya, cool you threw in a barb at Michigan's loss to ASU. Nothing I haven't heard. Come up with something creative. And to be honest, it's downright ******* pathetic that you feel the need to post some douchebaggish **** in your sig like that. Calm your raging hardon for me big guy, I don't swing that way.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
        Wow you know what Jake Long is thinking? Or is that just a bad attempt at justifying a horrible attempt to block an actual NFL caliber player as apposed to other DE's he has dominated?

        What will happen when he goes pro and gets beat again because he was exspecting something else? Will that get excused also? Joe Thomas doesnt give up sacks, and Jake Long does, so to say he is betetr than Thomas is wild. The LT needs to protect his QB more than he needs to maul for his RB. RT's are who need to dominate the run game seeing how the majority of NFL carries go to the right. Long will be a RT in the NFL because like previously mentioned, he isnt the greatest at pass blocking.

        Due to there being a shortage of LT's in the NFL, he will probably play there.

        Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.
        Perhaps he actually knows OL technique and can tell by the way Long kick stepped which type of rush he was expecting. That's hardly an excuse, he's just saying what the mistake was. If you think Thomas doesn't make the same mistakes watch the Browns first preseason game, or watch Wisconsin vs Auburn Thomas junior year when Stanley McClover did the same thing to him. The complete lack of knowledge in that post about OL is amazing.

        That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          The complete lack of knowledge in that post about OL is amazing.
          I try hard to ignore that guy's posts. He is so biased against Michigan that he just spouts off anything that pops into his head to make the team look bad. I'd listen to weight loss tips from a fat person before I listened to anything this clown has to say about the University of Michigan.

          Comment


          • #35
            I'm a huge Joe Thomas fan, but to say that he doesn't make mistakes also is ridiculous, I can't honestly tell you which player is better [jake or joe] because I haven't seen Jake Long play much.

            sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
              Also people need to quit pimping Dbrick because he gave up 10 sacks as a rookie against DE's that arent known for sacks. You have to earn things at the NFL level and Brick wasnt even in the top 5 rookie OT's last year.
              First of all, who the hell was "pimping" D'brick?. Second of all, 2 of the top 5 sack leaders in the NFL (Schobel and JT) played in the same division as D'brick, One of them won DPOY. Also, the 3 other teams in D'bricks division had the 3rd, 5th and 9th most sacks in the league. D'brick obviously didn't have a great year, but to say that he was playing against bad competition is asinine and wrong.



              Sig by Me

              Comment


              • #37
                Joe Thomas has better fundamentals , pass pro , quickness than Jake Long. Jake Long is bigger and is a straight brute but brutes can be found any round of the draft IMO, I still think hes a first rounder but not in the same class as Joe.

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                Debug Information