Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeman wins starting job at Miami

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2994678
    Anyone else a little suprised to see that Freeman beat out Wright for the starting spot?

All I have to say is what a sad, sad college career for Kyle Wright. Too bad this is the way its gonna end. He will still get some reps probably (unless Freeman explodes), I always wanted to see him turn it around. He is an amazing talent who hasn't lived up to the billing he received coming out of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      All I have to say is what a sad, sad college career for Kyle Wright. Too bad this is the way its gonna end. He will still get some reps probably (unless Freeman explodes), I always wanted to see him turn it around. He is an amazing talent who hasn't lived up to the billing he received coming out of high school.
      Couldnt agree with you more what a bust.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

He was overated coming into college.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Not surprised at all.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Wright was sooooooooooo hyped coming out of HS... to bad he couldnt have another chance to turn it around... this other guy has talent though.. not surprised by the decision
            Last edited by HoopsDemon12; 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
              Wright was sooooooooooo hyped coming out of college... to bad he couldnt have another chance to turn it around... this other guy has talent though.. not surprised by the decision
              I think you mean HS. Both Wright (1) & Freeman (14) were hyped coming out of HS, as was Marve (12). Wright has more NFL potential but Freeman could be a better college QB over the next 2 years. He's fast and can make plays but needs to improve his Comp. %.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised when i saw this, I think/hope Freeman will get better the more reps he gets with the first team

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  I think you mean HS. Both Wright (1) & Freeman (14) were hyped coming out of HS, as was Marve (12). Wright has more NFL potential but Freeman could be a better college QB over the next 2 years. He's fast and can make plays but needs to improve his Comp. %.
                  ya thats what i meant.. thanks for catching me on that mistake, well as much potential as i think Wright may have... they are playing at teh college level, if freeman brings them more wins im sure they could care less about how his NFL career goes

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

He will probably still get drafted, I know that if I was a gm i would definetly take him.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

I hope he can use that 4.44 speed to make some plays. I actually wouldn't mind if we only threw the ball 10 times a game and run options all day.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        I hope he can use that 4.44 speed to make some plays. I actually wouldn't mind if we only threw the ball 10 times a game and run options all day.
                        That would be awesome. James can be our fullback and Cooper the TB, or we can run it out of shotgun.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Wright had arm strength and a quick release.

He lacked accuracy, pocket presence, being good at making reads, throwing with touch... etc. All stuff that is just as if not more important than Arm strength and Mechanics.
                          Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                            Wright had arm strength and a quick release.

He lacked accuracy, pocket presence, being good at making reads, throwing with touch... etc. All stuff that is just as if not more important than Arm strength and Mechanics.
                            All of which can be taught, or learned through experience. He will be a much better pro than college player.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information