Next Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden?

Honestly, if the chargers cant lure pete carrol away from USC, isnt it safe to say he's going to be there and finish his career doingg what he does?

that would be the best coaching job he could find, out on the west coast, young team all around, one of the most talented already in the NFL and thats before FA or the draft, best player in the NFL, young qb, and could bring in whatever staff he wanted to....aside from that, if he did fail USC would probably welcome him back with open arms....

but if he doesnt take this job i was thinking we could see him coaching there the next 20-30 years

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Kirk Ferentz

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Pete Caroll has a much more open mind than either Joe Pa, or Bobby Bowden. Caroll lets the best man win the job, while Joe and Bobby play Juniors and Seniors only.

Comment

pete rejected the chargers job today. says hes staying put
        Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

pete caroll is never gonna leave USC.

Lionsmack

Originally posted by elway777
          They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
          The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.

Comment

I don't think Pete Carrol will fall off like these two either.

Comment

Urban Meyer.

Comment

bob stoops.

Comment

Agreed If Pete Carrol doesn't want the SD job he will never leave USC

Thank God
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

The biggest obstacle Bowden and JoePa faced was that they had great assistants working for them at one point that left. Now, Caroll had Norm Chow (considered by many as the greatest O. Coordinator in College history) as well as Ed Orgeron (a very good D-Line coach). They both left, and while you can see some dropoff (no national championships since then), it seems so far that Caroll has "survived" losing those two -with BCS appearances in the two years since.

Being a former D-Coordinator in the NFL Caroll should always have pretty good defenses even without good coaching on the offensive side of the ball. He'll be in a relatively easy conference for the foreseeable future and has got California's greatest athletes eaach year to himself to boot. If he stays, he can definitely etch his place in history.

Comment

Pete Carroll would be crazy to leave USC... he's got it made in the shade.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                        Urban Meyer.
                        You wish.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk
                          Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                          Urban Meyer.
                          You wish.
                          Yes, I really do.

Comment

This may be optimistic, but ...Greg Schiano.

Comment

Carroll said he wanted to wait for the perfect team.

Chargers were 14-2, have the best RB and OLB in the NFL, upcoming QB that showed promise, and they are stationed in California, where he already lives and coaches. This is a dream for a new coach!

I think he will be in college the rest of his career, probably all with USC.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information