Cal vs. Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
    I think that so much has been said about desean jackson that the tennessee secondary will make him a non factor, but I believe it will be close, but you know i gotta go with my vols winning.

24-28 vols
    That would be quite the accomplishment. Especially considering their lack of game experience. If they do shut him down, it'll likely be at great cost. Hefney can't do it all and the others are mostly unproven. Cal does have other legitimate weapons and Longshore is savvy enough to take what the defense gives him. And let's not forget about Justin Forsett. The loss of Turk McBride and Justin Harrell in the middle is big. I love the Vols' LB corps, but they can't do it all. I guess we'll see if some of the new guys step up, but for the first game of the season to be clear across the country against one the nations best offenses, I have my doubts. Tennessee's offense needs to be sharp in this one and I think will definitely need to win the turnover battle in order to pull out the win.

I think the biggest factor of all is the game last year and how the Cal players feel about it. If you listen to them talk about it, they are still very heated. It's all they heard about all last season and throughout the summer. They want nothing more than redemption. I expect to see a very fired up Cal team, and we'll just have to see if the Vols can match that energy.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      I think Cal is overrated, gimme Tennessee. Is Eric Berry starting?
      cal is not overrated if anything they are underrated cuz they are not yet considered an elite football program..i got cal and desean will light em up cuz i hear the SEC likes to play a lot of man to man coverage

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
        cal is not overrated if anything they are underrated cuz they are not yet considered an elite football program..i got cal and desean will light em up cuz i hear the SEC likes to play a lot of man to man coverage
        You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Cal lost 23 lettermen and has only 13 returning starters. They also have the toughest schedule of the big Pac 10 programs. I don't think Forsett is the answer this year and Longshore is inconsistent. Their receiving corps can't do it all, while the defense is young facing an experienced Senior QB in Ainge. I think Cal will be lucky to finish 4th in the Pac-10 and could be facing a disappointing year with all the hype they're getting.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

gotta go with the vols on this one. they usually always win their opener plus they always do better when less is expected of them. plus we should be able to stop jackson like we stopped marshawn last year.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Cal lost 23 lettermen and has only 13 returning starters. They also have the toughest schedule of the big Pac 10 programs. I don't think Forsett is the answer this year and Longshore is inconsistent. Their receiving corps can't do it all, while the defense is young facing an experienced Senior QB in Ainge. I think Cal will be lucky to finish 4th in the Pac-10 and could be facing a disappointing year with all the hype they're getting.
            Mr. Ainge has a broken pinky. That may be the little edge Cal needs to rip this team apart.

Comment

I'm goin 28-24 Tennessee. They're about even on paper, but the image of last year's complete domination is still lingering in my head.
              I'm a state.

Comment

Except for the fact that Forsett has already proven to be a good college RB and we have other RBs that are highly talented.(Montgomery,Best,and Slocum)Not to mention our offense was never that reliant on Marshawn Lynch in the first place.If anything our offense will be better than last years due to the fact that we will be going back to the offense we ran before last year which relied soley on the play,had no consistency and relied on Desean Jackson fro the most part.With this offense we will be able to get better production both our of the Longshore and our other WRs that are not Desean Jackson.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Tennessee. I think Berry starts and shows right away he'll be a top CB in the NCAA ranks.

Comment

Cal is my pick

Comment

Ainge's broken pinky will not be a factor.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
                        Ainge's broken pinky will not be a factor.
                        You're right...he's so vastly overrated it doesn't matter, Cal will win.

Comment

They're pretty even, and both programs lost a bit of talent last year. And Eric Berry is listed as the 3rd CB on the depth chart.

I have Tennessee winning, homerism aside. I like Tennessee's front 7 more than California's, and I like Tennessee's offensive line a little bit more, though Cal has a stud at center. Desean Jackson will have a big play, and I don't think that's questionable. But, I like the TN RB's against the Cal defense more than the Cal RB's against the TN defense. TN just manhandled Cal with their physicality. Longshore was scrambling or dodging TN linemen for most of the game, and Lynch nor Forsett couldn't run well either. If TN gets momentum, despite being away from Knoxville, it could mean trouble for Cal. I think it will be a great game though. Having a party just for it.

24-19, Tennessee over California.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            They're pretty even, and both programs lost a bit of talent last year. And Eric Berry is listed as the 3rd CB on the depth chart.

I have Tennessee winning, homerism aside. I like Tennessee's front 7 more than California's, and I like Tennessee's offensive line a little bit more, though Cal has a stud at center. Desean Jackson will have a big play, and I don't think that's questionable. But, I like the TN RB's against the Cal defense more than the Cal RB's against the TN defense. TN just manhandled Cal with their physicality. Longshore was scrambling or dodging TN linemen for most of the game, and Lynch nor Forsett couldn't run well either. If TN gets momentum, despite being away from Knoxville, it could mean trouble for Cal. I think it will be a great game though. Having a party just for it.

24-19, Tennessee over California.
                            Lynch ran well.12 carries for 74 yards and 6.2 y/c isnt bad.Forsett didnt do anything though.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I like Tennessee in a close game.

Comment

I hope Tennessee stomps them again so i can continue to use the "pac10 is horrible and can't beat any out of conference opponents" arguement

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information