No announcement yet.

Cal vs. Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many players are compared to Bush. If someone can cut or is explosive, they're the next Reggie Bush.

I think Jackson and Bush are very different, aside from both excelling at PR. Jahvid Best, on the other hand, looks like he could have the potential to live up to that title. But, thats left to be seen and only one play of his was reminiscent of Bush.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      Too many players are compared to Bush. If someone can cut or is explosive, they're the next Reggie Bush.
      I agree. What is with everyone's obsession when trying to compare players to other players?

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
        Desean Jackson > Rest of NCAA WR's. When EB starts returning Punts and Kickoffs for TD's let me know.
        This seems to be the prevailing opinion at this point, and it's hard to contest. With that said, I'm not gonna rule out Early Doucet. He's a better possession guy (if only by virtue of his bigger stature) and he's got the whole package--soft hands, good ball skills, exceptionally quick and efficient cuts, good burst and top gear, etc. He doesn't have Desean's creativity or elusiveness, but I still think it's really close.
        Check out my blog and website:
        www.4thand99.com

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
          What do returns have to do with being a WR?
          nothing but it sure does help when it comes around to the draft.
          I mean just look at Ted Ginn.Except the sad thing is he was an average return man.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post

I think Jackson and Bush are very different, aside from both excelling at PR. Jahvid Best, on the other hand, looks like he could have the potential to live up to that title. But, thats left to be seen and only one play of his was reminiscent of Bush.
            I think anytime you have a transcendent player such Bush, they become a sort of template for other players to model themselves after. Rather than saying, "wow, Jahvid Best really has some nice moves and is exceptionally quick." People just automatically think of Bush since he is currently at the forefront of their mind when thinking about who is the quickest player with the sickest moves. It's natural to compare players to each other. There's only so many different skills involved in this game, and many players share very similar overall sets of them. It's a convenient way to concisely illustrate your perception of a given player's skill set, as opposed to using a bunch of adjectives and being long winded like I've been with this post.

Comment

desean jackson is a beast, and he has return ability more along the lines of hester then ginn...ginn just ran past everyone, jackson showed he has exceptional agility and top end speed, if ginn was picked 9th i guess its a lock jackson is a top 10 pick being that he's a better WR and return man then ginn?

but I wouldnt rank him much higher then doucet in terms of being a WR, both in terms of speed are close and i wouldnt know whose faster, both have hands, and its almost like a pick your flavor type of thing...but what jackson does returning punts is crazy, when i watch him bush doesnt come to mind hester does...

if you watch youtube videos of both returning kicks they look eerily similiar

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                nothing but it sure does help when it comes around to the draft.
                I mean just look at Ted Ginn.Except the sad thing is he was an average return man.
                Oh for sure, but the impression I got was actual WR abilities was the topic. I don't think anyone was arguing DeSean's dominance as an all round playmaker.

Comment

I'm an OSU fan and i'll be the first to admit that Jackson in comparison to Ginn is about 10 times more polished. Very similar playing styles also. Although he's not quite as fast on the top end, he's a very good route runner and has good hands. But he was a polished receiver in highschool, where Ginn was a quarterback. Big difference.
                  Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                    I'm an OSU fan and i'll be the first to admit that Jackson in comparison to Ginn is about 10 times more polished. Very similar playing styles also. Although he's not quite as fast on the top end, he's a very good route runner and has good hands. But he was a polished receiver in highschool, where Ginn was a quarterback. Big difference.
                    Cornerback, not quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason
                      I think anytime you have a transcendent player such Bush, they become a sort of template for other players to model themselves after. Rather than saying, "wow, Jahvid Best really has some nice moves and is exceptionally quick." People just automatically think of Bush since he is currently at the forefront of their mind when thinking about who is the quickest player with the sickest moves. It's natural to compare players to each other. There's only so many different skills involved in this game, and many players share very similar overall sets of them. It's a convenient way to concisely illustrate your perception of a given player's skill set, as opposed to using a bunch of adjectives and being long winded like I've been with this post.
                      Lol, I understand that. I know WHY they'd compare them. I just think its often a mistake to. Just like in the Jackson/Bush comparison. Jahvid Best, on the otherhand, seems to have a similar skill set, though he has just one game under his belt, and he may be able to be compared to a player such as Bush.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I think DeSean is clearly the best WR in the country, on a third and long on cals first drive he made a semi-diving catch in double coverage that was just insane. It was a catch that just about nobody besides EB or Manningham could make, and DeSean is supposed need work as a wideout. He had just 4 catches for 45 yards, but there was a safety over the top on him literally every single play except for a couple in running situations.
                        The Bear will not quit, the Bear will not die

Comment

• Arian Foster looks better than ever....and that's all I have to say :sad:

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information