The new BEAST at LSU!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    What's wrong with Virginia Tech? One of the top defenses in the country and a man beast at RB. It's going to be close. I'll be rooting for Tech. I think LSU wins 17-14ish, but it's gonna be good.

Also wanted to add....Matt Flynn can move! Holy crap.
    yes i agree they have a beast of a defense, but LSU's defense could make an argument right there with them as best in the country. and tech doesn't have near the offensive weapons that LSU has, just a RB but what good is the RB when he doesn't get anywhere because they can focus most of the attentio on stopping the run. it will definitely be a hit fest. both have amazing D's. it might be even lower scoring than that. haha even though i'm going to go ahead say that one of the teams will have two defensive touchdowns. not sure which one, i'm hoping LSU's and from the look of the DB's hands they looked good.

yes Matt Flynn can scoot.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Mark this down. LSU wins 24-6 at least.

The offense was flat last night. Why give up the entire playbook against a team that was clearly not on the same level? Wet, on the road with ******* cow bells everywhere. See Death Valley doesn't need artificial noise makers to screw up offenses, the AMAZING defense and the fans do enough of that.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
        sorry buddy but VT is not strong enough to come into Death Valley and beat the best defense in the nation.
        USC plays in Death Valley now? And when did they switch VA Tech's game against LSU to vs. USC?

Comment

woah now, slow down turbo. USC's defense can't hold the piece of butt crust off of the jock straps of LSU's defense. USC is media central, thats the only way they are number one. anytime you are the best ranked team in the SEC regardless, you should be #1. the hardest conference there is.

Comment

This topic is sad.

My take is that LSU or Virginia Tech will have the best defense in the nation. USC may well be in the top 3, but I'm just more sold on LSU and VT.

As for the game next week..LSU will have all they can handle with Virginia Tech's defense. I think the first team to 10 points may well win the game. The game is at home, but VT is going to be emotional as hell. This game will not be a blowout either way.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              woah now, slow down turbo. USC's defense can't hold the piece of butt crust off of the jock straps of LSU's defense. USC is media central, thats the only way they are number one. anytime you are the best ranked team in the SEC regardless, you should be #1. the hardest conference there is.
              BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ******* KNOW THE SEC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE! Stop telling us, we get it. No one doubts it, so STOP ******* USING IT AS AN ARGUMENT. That doesn't mean you're automatically #1. Let's break this ***** down.

D-Line: SC Dorsey may be the best DT in the country, but Ellis is #2-3. That, plus Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffin, Fili Moala win it for SC.

LB: No question it's USC. All 3 guys are first rounders waiting to happen. Don't try giving me that Ali Highsmith **** (he's good, really good). No way their LBs hold Cushing, Rivers, Maualuga and Galippo's jock.

Secondary: USC. Taylor Mays is gonna be a first rounder. Terrel Thomas is one of the more underrated CBs in the country, and Josh Pinkard is very good.

Comment

Production makes you #1. USC is talented as hell (I think you're underrating LSU's players a little to be honest, but I agree that USC has ridiculous talent), but until they play like the top ranked defense in the nation then they're not.

Comment

So I guess all the magazines that say LSU's Dline is better than USCs we should just forget about that and listen to you? Please quit being a homer and go back to the USC posts.

OK maybe not a homer but a LSU hater. Get a life buddy.
                  Last edited by saintsfan912; 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM.

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ******* KNOW THE SEC IS THE BEST CONFERENCE! Stop telling us, we get it. No one doubts it, so STOP ******* USING IT AS AN ARGUMENT. That doesn't mean you're automatically #1. Let's break this ***** down.

D-Line: SC Dorsey may be the best DT in the country, but Ellis is #2-3. That, plus Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffin, Fili Moala win it for SC.

LB: No question it's USC. All 3 guys are first rounders waiting to happen. Don't try giving me that Ali Highsmith **** (he's good, really good). No way their LBs hold Cushing, Rivers, Maualuga and Galippo's jock.

Secondary: USC. Taylor Mays is gonna be a first rounder. Terrel Thomas is one of the more underrated CBs in the country, and Josh Pinkard is very good.
                    and the funny thing is that will all that talent, they still aren't better. guaranteed i am gonna be at the super dome watching LSU whoop up on USC. :D shall i meet ya there??
                    Last edited by terribletowel39; 08-31-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Haha I love that post. I'll be there too!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                        Nah, he didn't transfer. We still have a better QB waiting to play anyways.
                        Jarret Lee? guys gonna be huge for LSU played against him in high school him and that brehnam team were an offensive juggernaut

Comment

I think USC has more defensive talent, but as a unit I would take both Va Tech and LSU in a heartbeat.

Also if any SEC fan would like to have a logical arguement please don't being up the SEC being the top conference therefore your team is the best, it is the most ignorant cop-out arguement you can bring to the table. Nobody wants to ever here it and you will never prove yourself right so just don't even bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                            and the funny thing is that will all that talent, they still aren't better. guaranteed i am gonna be at the super dome watching LSU whoop up on USC. :D shall i meet ya there??
                            Or they're not better. Either way. I'm not even a USC fan, but I do recognize talent. I have USC #1, LSU #2 and Va Tech #3 in terms of D.

Comment

I think the win over Miss.state HS has got LSU fans heads bloated. USC is number one until proven otherwise.

LSU woop over SC. Keep it coming LSU, we need the motivation.

LSU fans are so classy,just like their stoic head coach.

Comment

Or they're not better. Either way. I'm not even a USC fan, but I do recognize talent. I have USC #1, LSU #2 and Va Tech #3 in terms of D.

THat brings me right back to the point I already made though. If talent alone were enough then USC-LSU would've been the national title game for the last several years.

Production is what makes you #1 in anything. I recognize USC's talent (I'd be an idiot not to), but I think that LSU and VT are both better as a whole because they've produced at that level for a while now. VT was #1 in 3 major categories of defense last year and nobody left.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information