No announcement yet.

Appalachian State stuns Michigan in Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to realize that some mid level prospects may prefer to play on a D1-AA championship team rather than ride a bench at a big school.

Comment

• I could foresee this elevating App St. to possibly jump up into D-1 and play possibly for the Big East. It would be sweet to see them join the Big 10, but they need to border a current Big 10 state to join. Possibly App St. could join the Big East and Cincinnati would join the Big 10. All speculation. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        I could foresee this elevating App St. to possibly jump up into D-1 and play possibly for the Big East. It would be sweet to see them join the Big 10, but they need to border a current Big 10 state to join. Possibly App St. could join the Big East and Cincinnati would join the Big 10. All speculation. =D
        App State already said they don't forsee any jump until after 2010 at the very earliest. And don't be shocked to see a new conference in 5-10 years as schools like Massachuttes, James Madison, and Furman have all speculated about moving up soon as well

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          You need to realize that some mid level prospects may prefer to play on a D1-AA championship team rather than ride a bench at a big school.
          Michigan's biggest problems over the past few years has been two things: Mobile QB and speedy WR. For example, Appalachian State's Dexter Jackson (3 catches, 92 yards, 1 TD against Michigan) is one of the fastest players in all of college football. Jackson runs track. In May, he competed at the NCAA East Regionals. Some of the best track stars from the SEC competed in the same meet. The only player to beat Jackson in the 100-meter or the 200-meter was Florida track star Willie Perry.

People want to ignore or down play ASU's talent level because it makes for a great story. But ASU is a D-1A caliber team playing in D1-AA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
            Michigan's biggest problems over the past few years has been two things: Mobile QB and speedy WR. For example, Appalachian State's Dexter Jackson (3 catches, 92 yards, 1 TD against Michigan) is one of the fastest players in all of college football. Jackson runs track. In May, he competed at the NCAA East Regionals. Some of the best track stars from the SEC competed in the same meet. The only player to beat Jackson in the 100-meter or the 200-meter was Florida track star Willie Perry.

People want to ignore or down play ASU's talent level because it makes for a great story. But ASU is a D-1A caliber team playing in D1-AA.

thanks for that, ive been asking for info on that kid for some time, he obviously was extremely fast, no matter what school he went to, you could see his explosion and top end speed was definately what you see on D1 levels

i agree they definately did have some talent out there in the skill positions, and jackson was one who really caught my eye, he gave you guys trouble, but i dont see many corners on a D1 level who could really keep up with him in man on man coverages...

which could bring up the point, someone on the michigan staff should of found this out before he blew up on you guys, and played a coverage which wouldnt expose the corners, but thats neither here nor there

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              thanks for that, ive been asking for info on that kid for some time, he obviously was extremely fast, no matter what school he went to, you could see his explosion and top end speed was definately what you see on D1 levels

i agree they definately did have some talent out there in the skill positions, and jackson was one who really caught my eye, he gave you guys trouble, but i dont see many corners on a D1 level who could really keep up with him in man on man coverages...

which could bring up the point, someone on the michigan staff should of found this out before he blew up on you guys, and played a coverage which wouldnt expose the corners, but thats neither here nor there
              There's not a coverage in the world that wouldn't expose Johnny Sears

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post

The biggest difference between 1aa and 1a is not talent level, it is depth. Had this game been late in the year no chance it would happen. A couple injuries DECIMATE a 1aa school because they can't give enough scholarships to attract quality depth. App St starters compare to just about any team in the country, but after those guys they get a lot weaker.
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information