No announcement yet.

Bowl Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This yea for Notre Dame I know it isnt a reality, but I would rather ND beat Penn State then win any bowl game. That is if they even make a bowl which dont look to good right now. So just go out as 16 point underdogs this week, and pull off a giant upset for good ol RyanLeaf#1
    Originally posted by nvot9
    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
      This yea for Notre Dame I know it isnt a reality, but I would rather ND beat Penn State then win any bowl game. That is if they even make a bowl which dont look to good right now. So just go out as 16 point underdogs this week, and pull off a giant upset for good ol RyanLeaf#1
      Yeah I get what you mean. I'd rather beat OSU, ND or PSU than win some bowl game. Just has more meaning to me. Is that what ND is? 16 point dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
        Our backup QB sucked? He's a hell of alot better than anyone UM had or has at the moment. Sorry dude, just cause UM sucks balls doesn't mean LSUs QB sucked.
        He didn't say your backup QB sucked. He said it sucked to lose to him.

Comment

the main thing is it gives teams momentum into the next year, not just from a team morale standpoint, but also it gives the voters a thing to remember, for next years rankings. example a: texas beating michigan in the rose bowl

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
            Our backup QB sucked? He's a hell of alot better than anyone UM had or has at the moment. Sorry dude, just cause UM sucks balls doesn't mean LSUs QB sucked.
            Do you listen?? He said losing to LSU and their back up QB suck, not your back up QB buddy....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
            XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
            Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
            http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              Yeah I get what you mean. I'd rather beat OSU, ND or PSU than win some bowl game. Just has more meaning to me. Is that what ND is? 16 point dogs?
              ND is and has been overrated the past 2 seasons. THey haven't won a bowl game either. And as for OSU, well... the last time you beat them, Ernest Shazor was the safety back there. And heck, he had more heart than most of your secondary combined.

Why is winning the Bowl games a big deal?

A)You show everyone on a NATIONAL stage that you are the ****. You go out of conference and pull out victories against traditional powerhouses like FSU And Tennesse, on national TV.
              B)You bring pride to the conference that you make reference to so much. You win all the games in your conference for what? Not for some stupid "Conference Title" which means nothing outside of your conference. You win all those games so you can go to the best possible bowl game, and prove to the rest of America that you are indeed the best from that conference.
              C)You prove that you can win "The Big Game." For some teams the big games include games in their own conference against Rivals. These are important, however more important than anything is to win your Bowl Game. It's the biggest one of the season, highest exposure and the one that culminates the year. If you lose your bowl game, you're going into the next season as losers. Everyone looks at your team as a disappointment and knows you couldn't finish. If you win, you ride off momentum. Less questions hang on your team, your leaders and your coach.

Michigan wouldn't know much about any of these 3 things. And last I checked, you haven't beaten OSU since we have beaten them so drop that arguement. Yea, beating OSU's and Michigan's are important. So is beating App State.

Comment

does anyone have the list that shows what conferences play against eachother in bowls

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

http://www.fanblogs.com/bowl_games/006990.php

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
                    thanks

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post

Michigan wouldn't know much about any of these 3 things. And last I checked, you haven't beaten OSU since we have beaten them so drop that arguement. Yea, beating OSU's and Michigan's are important. So is beating App State.
                      Dude...you have not beaten Michigan in 10 ******* YEARS! And ND was overrated and smacked the taste out of your mouth last year, so I don't know how you can talk about teams being overrated. Cool, you beat a mightily overrated Tennessee team and a FSU team with no offense. Way to hang your hat on that. I'm not making every thread a pissing match between you and I, so come up with other stuff besides "OMGZ LOLZ MICHIGAN LOST TO APP. STATE HAHAHAHAHAHAH OMGZ WE'RE DA **** BECAUSE WE LOSE TO EVERY GOOD TEAM WE PLAY".

Comment

Your entire team is an embarassment. Lloyd Carr is an embarassment. Chad Henne is an embarassment. Jake Long is an embarassment. Nobody on that team has any heart. Everytime they make it to any kind of bowl, they get romped on by whoever else they play. Stop allocating embarassment onto other teams. Own up to your embarassments. Fact of the matter is this : No one on that team has ever beaten Ohio State, or Won a bowl game.

No matter how many times you beat Penn State, it wont' change that. Heck if you want, I'll let you beat us every year and you can go 1-11. Learn to play with some heart and get a coach that has some as well. Your team is looking like Michigan State more and more every year.

Comment

Overrated last season? What did Notre Dame beat Penn state by 25 points?

ND is and has been overrated the past 2 seasons. THey haven't won a bowl game either. And as for OSU, well... the last time you beat them, Ernest Shazor was the safety back there. And heck, he had more heart than most of your secondary combined.

Why is winning the Bowl games a big deal?

A)You show everyone on a NATIONAL stage that you are the ****. You go out of conference and pull out victories against traditional powerhouses like FSU And Tennesse, on national TV.
                          B)You bring pride to the conference that you make reference to so much. You win all the games in your conference for what? Not for some stupid "Conference Title" which means nothing outside of your conference. You win all those games so you can go to the best possible bowl game, and prove to the rest of America that you are indeed the best from that conference.
                          C)You prove that you can win "The Big Game." For some teams the big games include games in their own conference against Rivals. These are important, however more important than anything is to win your Bowl Game. It's the biggest one of the season, highest exposure and the one that culminates the year. If you lose your bowl game, you're going into the next season as losers. Everyone looks at your team as a disappointment and knows you couldn't finish. If you win, you ride off momentum. Less questions hang on your team, your leaders and your coach.

I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Your entire team is an embarassment. Lloyd Carr is an embarassment. Chad Henne is an embarassment. Jake Long is an embarassment. Nobody on that team has any heart. Everytime they make it to any kind of bowl, they get romped on by whoever else they play. Stop allocating embarassment onto other teams. Own up to your embarassments. Fact of the matter is this : No one on that team has ever beaten Ohio State, or Won a bowl game.

No matter how many times you beat Penn State, it wont' change that. Heck if you want, I'll let you beat us every year and you can go 1-11. Learn to play with some heart and get a coach that has some as well. Your team is looking like Michigan State more and more every year.
                            The sad thing is, we may be an "embarassment" according to you, but you still cannot beat us. So technically, App. State has beaten Michigan more in the past 11 years than PSU has. 7-5 season? Nope, Manningham has it covered. White-out without Manningham? Ask Morelli if he remembers it. I can stand trash talk from everyone of our rivals (OSU, ND, even MSU!) because they actually win more than once every 11 years, but I refuse to take **** from a fan of a team who's been good for 2 years lately and has not beaten us in 11 years. So hang your hat on two bowl wins over overrated teams, and possibly try to beat Michigan once every 10 years.

Comment

Yes right now Notre Dame is a 16 point dog.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Good I hope you hold onto that attitude. Because this year you won't beat OSU or PSU. And you definitely won't win a bowl game. Have a good year!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information