Texas vs TCU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    All them teams you named have been real powerhouses lately... Come on give me a break. I wouldnt want to face Hawaii either look at their current schedule. If you beat them noone is going to give you credit. BTW San Jose State absolutely blows.
    There you go again, over exaggerating... I didn't incline to call them "powerhouses", but your twisting of it to sound like I did, makes me smirk. They are no worse than BYU, Utah or Iowa St... the teams you mentioned in crowning TCU.

This is the first year, Hawaii has had a really bad schedule, so don't act like it's a commonplace. They've scheduled USC, Wisconsin, Alabama, Michigan St, Purdue, Northwestern, Oregon St as their Non-Conference games in the last 2 years. Beating some of them has had a negative affect on scheduling more big schools, and if you don't accept that, you're flat out denying the truth.

San Jose State is getting better, but most people don't see it. They have been really bad in the past, but Dick Tomey is slowly turning that program around.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      There you go again, over exaggerating... I didn't incline to call them "powerhouses", but your twisting of it to sound like I did, makes me smirk. They are no worse than BYU, Utah or Iowa St... the teams you mentioned in crowning TCU.

This is the first year, Hawaii has had a really bad schedule, so don't act like it's a commonplace. They've scheduled USC, Wisconsin, Alabama, Michigan St, Purdue, Northwestern, Oregon St as their Non-Conference games in the last 2 years. Beating some of them has had a negative affect on scheduling more big schools, and if you don't accept that, you're flat out denying the truth.

San Jose State is getting better, but most people don't see it. They have been really bad in the past, but Dick Tomey is slowly turning that program around.
      So im guessing you think Boise State is going to win at Washington this week? Boise is the favorite btw.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
        So im guessing you think Boise State is going to win at Washington this week? Boise is the favorite btw.
        I don't know what I think about that game. Hawaii will play both of them this season. I hope they have a tight game and that Hawaii smashes them both.

Comment

This Texas game is the only big time opponent TCU has had over the past 3 years. Other than this, they've only played cup cake teams, so don't over exaggerate like you usually do.

People knock the WAC like no other. It's a stereotype of many football fans. Yet when teams like Hawaii try to schedule better teams, most cop out. Michigan State pulled out of their game against us this year because they were afraid to lose. Michigan's AD had accepted Hawaii's offer to play them in their home opener, but Lloyd Carr rejected it wanting to play App St. USC, Texas, Louisville, Texas A&M all turned down Hawaii's offer to play them.
          Dont worry D-Unit. New Mexico State will play you and beat you! :)

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            Dont worry D-Unit. New Mexico State will play you and beat you! :)
            Ha ha.... I heard that before. We know what happened in your own house. This time you guys are coming to Hawaii and will go home thinking your the JV version of Hawaii.

Comment

Texas was REAL sloppy last week, they gotta do much better against TCU. If TCU wins, that's gonna be a HUGE blow for the big 12's rep, seeing as it's not so good right now.

Comment

I'm going to say it right now and I hope I'm wrong, but TCU will win this game commandingly.

Comment

i have to think Colt McCoy turns it around and has a much better game against TCU than he did against Arkansas St. I'm thinking Texas wins 27-13

Comment

I'm going to say it right now and I hope I'm wrong, but TCU will win this game commandingly.
                    *gasp*

im shocked! lol no not really, but I would be surprised if TCU won commandingly though, as much as people want to focus on our first game I just think it opened our eyes up as a game we could lose, and to get on our feet...I dont think, IF it turns into a shootout that TCU can keep up, if its low scoring they have a very good chance....

but im still sticking with 31-20, but i cant help but be nervous with this game...no its not a big12 game so it wont be the end of the world, and i would be happy for TCU, but its a game we should win and i better see the progress with colt before i start calling for the dual qb system which i hate in texas

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Well, seeing as how Colt McCoy is the most over rated QB in the country, coupled with the fact that Texas couldn't stop a middle school offense, I could see an uspet.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Well we didnt look very good in our opener, and it scares me because Colt is seasoned now, but at the same time it doesnt worry me...if anything id prefer a close game to keep us on our guard...

But I really like TCU, they have had a solid program for some years now, and this yr is no different, their defense is really strong and should keep the game relatively low scoring...I think we score low 30's, and that it should be close until the 2nd half then we pull away, but I really would not be surprised to see them squeak out an upset to be perfectly honest, we always play bad at least once a yr vs a team outside the normal tough matchups, but TCU is expected to give us a fight which makes me think mack brown will have the boys ready 2 play...

31-20 Texas
                        Final Score

Texas-34
                        TCU-13

I was pretty head on with most of my predictions of our team...We scored all 34 points in the 2nd half when we took over, and it ended up being 34-3 in the final 2 quarters...TCU hung in there and dominated in the first, but a few mistakes let the crowd get into it and was just too much

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Your Warriors almost lost to LA Tech. Heck of a gamble to go for the 2point conversion in overtime but didnt pay off.

Comment

Texas looked really good in the 2nd half of this game
                            Originally posted by nvot9
                            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information