Clausen to start next game vs Penn State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    The game was played in South Bend on Saturday vs G Tech. Penn State is a hostile environment, but if Notre Dame can come out and score early against them it will shut up the crowd. I personally dont think Notre Dame has a shot, and either does Vegas tagging them as a 16 point dog. But there would be nothing else I would like to see more then Notre Dame beating Penn State. I hate Penn State with a passion. Oh well atleast we are 0-1 and have no expectations for a big time bowl. Last year Penn State went into Notre Dame ranked, and got their A$$ handed to them. We have nothing to lose this week. Nothing.
    ND was +17.5 last time I checked.

Comment

You obviously dont' know Penn STate. Penn State isn't a crowd like the Big House. We never get quiet, regardless of which quarter and what score. When you get down to the endzone, that's probably the loudest stadium in the country. Ask Troy Smith and Co. why they lost in 2005 and I bet you one of the reasons was "The Crowd Noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        ND was +17.5 last time I checked.
        It will be 3 touchdowns by kickoff.
        Originally posted by nvot9
        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
          You obviously dont' know Penn STate. Penn State isn't a crowd like the Big House. We never get quiet, regardless of which quarter and what score. When you get down to the endzone, that's probably the loudest stadium in the country. Ask Troy Smith and Co. why they lost in 2005 and I bet you one of the reasons was "The Crowd Noise."
          Well maybe I should call Florida International and ask them how loud it was. Or better yet ill wait until the 08 season and ask Coastal Carolina or Arkansas State. Or Ill just wait until 09 and ask Eastern Michigan. Nah ill just wait until 2010 and ask Youngstown State.
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Well maybe I should call Florida International and ask them how loud it was. Or better yet ill wait until the 08 season and ask Coastal Carolina or Arkansas State. Or Ill just wait until 09 and ask Eastern Michigan. Nah ill just wait until 2010 and ask Youngstown State.
            hahaha best argument I have ever heard against someone's crowd...PSU is arguably the best/most faithful crowd in all of football so to say it will be a hostile environment is an understatement...even if ND finds a way to score on their very first drive, there is no way it "shuts up the crowd" for more than 5 mins during the TV timeout...I think Clausen will have around 100-120 yards, 3-4 INTs and maybe a TD if he stays in long enough i.e. trash time at the end of the game

Comment

PSU is crazy no matter who it is and what the score is. This season for ND will be like Quinn's first season as the starter. I would say this years roster has more talent than that '03 team, but we're going to get mauled by all the good teams on the schedule due to the incredible amount of inexperience.

If Jimmy is healthy then I support Weis' move 100%, starting the other guys is just a waste of time. Saving him for the cupcake games doesn't help him adjust to the speed and environment of playing the top tier teams.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                hahaha best argument I have ever heard against someone's crowd...PSU is arguably the best/most faithful crowd in all of football so to say it will be a hostile environment is an understatement...even if ND finds a way to score on their very first drive, there is no way it "shuts up the crowd" for more than 5 mins during the TV timeout...I think Clausen will have around 100-120 yards, 3-4 INTs and maybe a TD if he stays in long enough i.e. trash time at the end of the game
                I just cant stand that easy out of conference schedule they play year in and year out.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

ND isn't gonna have another good season for a couple more years,that defence doesn't have the talent and the oline needs to mature. They minds well get Clausen ready for when all of the fruits of Weis recruiting begin to prosper.

That and, Jones and Sharpley looked absolutely horrendous vs GT. It must have felt like GT had 15 players on the field by some of the reads they made in that game.

Comment

y did it take so long for the inevitable to happen in clausen starting? i dont think that elbow is a good enough excuse

Comment

had to atleast give the kids a shot who have been there for 3,4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        Bring him in to start vs. Navy, Air force, duke, stanford so he can go 4-0 as a starter and all ND fans think he's jesus
                        ya because that penn defence will eat him for breakfest and knock the living jebus out of him

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I knew that Jones wouldnt be seeing any time at QB.I dont know if I would have Clausen starting this game but Sharpley does telegraph too much.
                          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                            I knew that Jones wouldnt be seeing any time at QB.I dont know if I would have Clausen starting this game but Sharpley does telegraph too much.
                            Jones did see playing time. He started the season and F'd us.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                              had to atleast give the kids a shot who have been there for 3,4 years.
                              I think Clausen's older than they all are
                              Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Jones did see playing time. He started the season and F'd us.
                                I know he did I was talking about the PSU game.
                                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information